Mexico Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project

New AZ case and a living photo - Unusually Namus says LE are seeking the family of “Jose Aboyte Sepulveda” who was the fingerprint match to the UID. The names match a number of tattoos on his body. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Just wanted to update that he is no longer listed in NamUs. Hopefully that means that his family has been located and he has been laid to rest. Rest in Peace Mr. Sepulveda your journey is over now.

Thank you all for your continued hard work during my absence I will try to get back in here more often to keep updated on everything. It's been a rough last few weeks and hopefully things are starting calm down and get back to normal now.

I think this is interesting regarding my question about Mexican ID/voters card

Decedent was found floating in the Rio Grande River (area known for illegal border crossers). Decedent was previously Identified in 2013 by a fingerprint comparison as a Mexican National as Jose Armando Garcia Mendez DOB: 10/07/1978; however, since the body remained UNCLAIMED and the Mexican Consulate was unsuccessful with locating a next of kin in Mexico we would like to submit this case as a John Doe. Given the recent cases involving several Central American immigrants crossing into the US illegally with a false Mexican Electoral cards so that they are only deported to Mexico and not further South into their country of origin.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

If you write a new post you can see a toolbar above your post. If you click on the big A with a line underneath (the fourth from the left) you come to the coloring chart.

thank you, it helped me a lot

Decedent was found floating in the Rio Grande River (area known for illegal border crossers). Decedent was previously Identified in 2013 by a fingerprint comparison as a Mexican National as Jose Armando Garcia Mendez DOB: 10/07/1978; however, since the body remained UNCLAIMED and the Mexican Consulate was unsuccessful with locating a next of kin in Mexico we would like to submit this case as a John Doe. Given the recent cases involving several Central American immigrants crossing into the US illegally with a false Mexican Electoral cards so that they are only deported to Mexico and not further South into their country of origin.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)[/QUOTE
]

I see, so this would be related to the case, right? furthermore we can conclude that probably the voter card seen in the case.

But well, here I deliver my report for today.

From what I was able to investigate, apparently, the girl (from the Arizona case) has not been able to identify anything other than clues of who she is, the only thing we would have would be the ID but it is probably false, so I could not say with accuracy how much we could trust this.

and with the other case I have not had any success.

I did looked into the -lets say- Texas "border-crossing" unidentified cases yesterday. A few remarks on that:
- It got to me...I noticed that the more files I read the more sad I became
- A couple of cases lead directly back to Guatemala (money in pocket, things found with and on the remains) I think the same could apply to other countries. Should we make a "Guatamala corner"? It could make the search easier, but there is also the risk of spreading the info to much and we loose the overview. To all the lovely members in this thread...what is your opinion on that?
- There a lot unidentified bodies are found on ranches?? F.I. Laborcitias Ranch, Cage Ranch etc. Are this really ranches/are this people associated with this ranges or do they point to a broader terrain and it has nothing to do with the ranches themselves? How should I interpret that in a broader sense?
- There are a lot of bodies exhumed who are buried N.N. on the Sacred Heart Cemetery in Brooks County, Texas for identifying reasons, and to put them into NamUs after all, what is a good thing. In many such cases the original finding date got lost and other info is minimal. There seems to be a project taking care of that (forgot the name), also photographing possessions and making them public.

I would like to participate but there are two things that prevent me, first: since I do not belong to Guatemala, I could not do much, just help formulate hypotheses from there out there, nothing else, and we have not yet completed the case of this thread , they are still incomplete and if we make a thread like that, we will get distracted and we will not finish the work we have right now

I did looked into the -lets say- Texas "border-crossing" unidentified cases yesterday. A few remarks on that:
- It got to me...I noticed that the more files I read the more sad I became
- A couple of cases lead directly back to Guatemala (money in pocket, things found with and on the remains) I think the same could apply to other countries. Should we make a "Guatamala corner"? It could make the search easier, but there is also the risk of spreading the info to much and we loose the overview. To all the lovely members in this thread...what is your opinion on that?
- There a lot unidentified bodies are found on ranches?? F.I. Laborcitias Ranch, Cage Ranch etc. Are this really ranches/are this people associated with this ranges or do they point to a broader terrain and it has nothing to do with the ranches themselves? How should I interpret that in a broader sense?
- There are a lot of bodies exhumed who are buried N.N. on the Sacred Heart Cemetery in Brooks County, Texas for identifying reasons, and to put them into NamUs after all, what is a good thing. In many such cases the original finding date got lost and other info is minimal. There seems to be a project taking care of that (forgot the name), also photographing possessions and making them public.
I have been looking into some of the ranches around where the bodies were found and I believe that they are just in the area of the border crossing and not so much related directly to the bodies found. As for the ones that have been relocated to the Sacred Heart Cemetery I don't know if we will ever make any headway there because we don't have the correct dates that they were found, while the clothing and personal belongings does offer some hope for a place to start it might not be enough for an identification. It is sad that so many will go unidentified I am hoping that even if the names given on the Mexico ID cards could be fake maybe the pictures themselves are not. I have already had some good feedback from a couple of them that I have posted to groups for missing Mexico on Facebook.

I would like to participate but there are two things that prevent me, first: since I do not belong to Guatemala, I could not do much, just help formulate hypotheses from there out there, nothing else, and we have not yet completed the case of this thread , they are still incomplete and if we make a thread like that, we will get distracted and we will not finish the work we have right now
What I am doing right now is making posters with the ones that have ID cards, providing as much information as I can find and posting them to Facebook groups for Mexico and surrounding areas. So far I have had a couple of good hits on the information I have put out so I think it's working if you want to help out with that I would greatly appreciate it.

What I am doing right now is making posters with the ones that have ID cards, providing as much information as I can find and posting them to Facebook groups for Mexico and surrounding areas. So far I have had a couple of good hits on the information I have put out so I think it's working if you want to help out with that I would greatly appreciate it.

It is what I am doing in fact, but for my part people do not help and I take into account how my country is with the pandemic, much worse.
I find it curious that groups on facebook help you, normally those groups at the moment of truth do not do anything, the exceptions I suppose

That's wonderful @Dylansmom08 Would you be willing to share this posters here, when you do so, so we can see where you are working on?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
.... the body remained UNCLAIMED and the Mexican Consulate was unsuccessful with locating a next of kin in Mexico we would like to submit this case as a John Doe. Given the recent cases involving several Central American immigrants crossing into the US illegally with a false Mexican Electoral cards so that they are only deported to Mexico and not further South into their country of origin.

I work for an embassy/consulate (not Mexican, but most countries work similarly). It may be useful to note that embassies do NOT unilaterally establish someone’s identity or find next of kin despite what is indicated in Namus.

In a small/medium embassy there may not be a police department person based. Core personnel are generally diplomats (State Department equivalent, not LE). Only in bigger embassies will you have other departments such as Defense, Police, etc.

In my case I am a State Dept equivalent. I am directly responsible for deceased citizens of my country once their ID is established. I help bereaved families with the paperwork and bureaucracy to either hold a funeral in situ or return the remains home. I liaise with LE and ME to obtain reports. I monitor legal cases about our citizens. BUT I have no access to any home-based domestic databases to establish identity. I have to send data to LE (either state or national) and wait for them to confirm ID.

Therefore it is likely Mexican LE have been unable to confirm ID , not the Embassy. Namus is reflecting a common misunderstanding of an embassy’s role.

I work for an embassy/consulate (not Mexican, but most countries work similarly). It may be useful to note that embassies do NOT unilaterally establish someone’s identity or find next of kin despite what is indicated in Namus.

In a small/medium embassy there may not be a police department person based. Core personnel are generally diplomats (State Department equivalent, not LE). Only in bigger embassies will you have other departments such as Defense, Police, etc.

In my case I am a State Dept equivalent. I am directly responsible for deceased citizens of my country once their ID is established. I help bereaved families with the paperwork and bureaucracy to either hold a funeral in situ or return the remains home. I liaise with LE and ME to obtain reports. I monitor legal cases about our citizens. BUT I have no access to any home-based domestic databases to establish identity. I have to send data to LE (either state or national) and wait for them to confirm ID.

Therefore it is likely Mexican LE have been unable to confirm ID , not the Embassy. Namus is reflecting a common misunderstanding of an embassy’s role.

Thank you very much for your insights and explanation. Very good to know all this. :) Questioning what you read, don't take everything as the truth and learn from it, is always a good thing as you just pointed out.

In the context of searching for the unidentified with the help of a name and picture on an ID a few remarks:
  • Upthread I was wondering about how easy it would be to get a false Mexican voters card/ID in Mexico, thinking if you pay enough (how sad and very concerning if you actually let that sink in) and know the right channels it's possible (arranged by a coyote?). The answer was:"It is very difficult, but it can be easily found in certain sectors of the country, but in itself to find those sectors is difficult".
  • Also a good point is the picture on a false ID...one way or another, a picture must at least look like the owner...
  • The other thing that sparked my interest in the NamUs note (in relation to searching with help of a possible name) was that a lot of immigrants from Guatemala have a fake Mexican ID, so if they are deported it would be as far as Mexico...for me this was (again) an eyeopener.
The basic question underneath all this is "how much off help is the finding of a Mexican voters card/ID with an UID in the search for MP's, who could match".

great to have this type of support around here, but hey, in that case, do you think
Is this probably fake credential? I say yes because in addition to not having previous records of this reader's credential (this is what these identification cards that we have are called) or that I used the identity of a previous owner. what if it does not clarify me at all are two things.
First, why is the information censored if it is supposedly false? Will there be a work card? (You already know those identifications that are used to obtain a job abroad) Is there not something else? I will try to do what the previous user did to go in groups on social networks around here to see if I find something interesting, although I doubt it.
These two things are small details but maybe they help us. And that is that in the person's belongings, you can see two shoes, but the peculiar thing about this is that they are two shoes of different color (probably they are of different shoes) my hypothesis is, or that he brought someone else or with They are his own shoes but he had no money to buy a pair (although I doubt it is the latter). (Also something else about the footwear, I could see that it seems to belong to the same foot, to be more specific the left side)

and the other thing that I still can't find a relationship with is the Catholic book. It's probably religious

I'm going to leave you an image of how the cards we use are. the image that I attach, is an example of this in the years 2015. since precisely that credential was found in those years. (sorry for the quality, I can't find a higher quality image)

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 5
Good questions @Bit of hope as I have also worked in the area of passport fraud so have a bit of experience with fake IDs (though once again not Mexican):

There are different types of ID frauds:
(a) totally fake IDs - a very old-style fraud that pre-dates computers and easily-checked databases. Even in developing countries this type of fraud is being replaced by more sophisticated ones.
(b) legitimate ID obtained using fake personal details - the 'next phase' that replaced (a). Still common in places where there is no central database to check people's IDs - for example in countries where there is no centralised registry of births, or where you can obtain fake 'base' ID documents quite easily.
(c) imposter fraud - use someone else's documents to obtain an ID with your photo on it. For example Johnny has a criminal history in the US. He is deported back home and then uses his brother Sammy's documents to obtain a clean set of documents. Variation on this theme is simply to borrow someone's ID and use it (particularly if Johnny and Sammy look alike, Johnny may just use his brother's photo as his own). Note: one of the reasons countries now record biometrics such as fingerprints, face scans etc for visa applicants and deportees.
(d) tombstoning - obtain the details of a person who is deceased, get their documents and obtain ID in their name. Children are preferred because there will not be any adult ID photos or fingerprints on file, no will they have a criminal record. In many countries the historical death records are not yet linked to new ID systems so may not flag this kind of fraud.

As to the ease of obtaining, obviously that can vary by location, local and national preventative systems, LE capacity/willingness. In many communities it will also be seen as a legitimate 'means to an end' whereas in others it would be a big no-no.

Good questions @Bit of hope as I have also worked in the area of passport fraud so have a bit of experience with fake IDs (though once again not Mexican):

There are different types of ID frauds:
(a) totally fake IDs - a very old-style fraud that pre-dates computers and easily-checked databases. Even in developing countries this type of fraud is being replaced by more sophisticated ones.
(b) legitimate ID obtained using fake personal details - the 'next phase' that replaced (a). Still common in places where there is no central database to check people's IDs - for example in countries where there is no centralised registry of births, or where you can obtain fake 'base' ID documents quite easily.
(c) imposter fraud - use someone else's documents to obtain an ID with your photo on it. For example Johnny has a criminal history in the US. He is deported back home and then uses his brother Sammy's documents to obtain a clean set of documents. Variation on this theme is simply to borrow someone's ID and use it (particularly if Johnny and Sammy look alike, Johnny may just use his brother's photo as his own). Note: one of the reasons countries now record biometrics such as fingerprints, face scans etc for visa applicants and deportees.
(d) tombstoning - obtain the details of a person who is deceased, get their documents and obtain ID in their name. Children are preferred because there will not be any adult ID photos or fingerprints on file, no will they have a criminal record. In many countries the historical death records are not yet linked to new ID systems so may not flag this kind of fraud.

As to the ease of obtaining, obviously that can vary by location, local and national preventative systems, LE capacity/willingness. In many communities it will also be seen as a legitimate 'means to an end' whereas in others it would be a big no-no.

I appreciate the information, so having this information, what hypothesis do you have?

great to have this type of support around here, but hey, in that case, do you think
Is this probably fake credential? I say yes because in addition to not having previous records of this reader's credential (this is what these identification cards that we have are called) or that I used the identity of a previous owner. what if it does not clarify me at all are two things.
First, why is the information censored if it is supposedly false? Will there be a work card? (You already know those identifications that are used to obtain a job abroad) Is there not something else? I will try to do what the previous user did to go in groups on social networks around here to see if I find something interesting, although I doubt it.
These two things are small details but maybe they help us. And that is that in the person's belongings, you can see two shoes, but the peculiar thing about this is that they are two shoes of different color (probably they are of different shoes) my hypothesis is, or that he brought someone else or with They are his own shoes but he had no money to buy a pair (although I doubt it is the latter). (Also something else about the footwear, I could see that it seems to belong to the same foot, to be more specific the left side)

and the other thing that I still can't find a relationship with is the Catholic book. It's probably religious

There could be a very easy explanation for the different shoes. She brought two pairs of different color with her and one of each pair got broke. I don't know if the shoes were both left...to be fair I don't see that very clear.

There could be a very easy explanation for the different shoes. She brought two pairs of different color with her and one of each pair got broke. I don't know if the shoes were both left...to be fair I don't see that very clear.

There is only one shoe left of each one (one brown or so it seems and one black) but I say what makes me curious is that two shoes of the same foot were found

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back