Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

I'm originally from Staten Island and have a few thoughts. The Verrazzano Bridge would be difficult to access on foot without being seen. There are cameras along the expressway and upon entry to the bridge. In addition, there is a lot of traffic and someone walking on the expressway or bridge would be be highly unusual. It's a major NYC thoroughfare. I think that passing motorists would have called the police. An unattended car would would also not go unnoticed. There is an additional body of water that is near Clove Lakes Park, called Silver Lake. It is a reservoir that is walkable from Clove Lakes.
Thank you, I was trying to place the reservoir, Silver Lake, yesterday.

The serpentine stone that makes up the ridge overlooking the lake has several caves in it. They are referred to as the Indian caves. A long time ago the entrances where covered with stone because they where considered dangerous.

Quote snipped by me.

Hello Victor, your information about these caves is interesting. Would a person need to choose to try to get into them, or would it be possible to accidentally get trapped in one (such as falling in somehow?) If they'd have to make an effort to get inside, could someone realistically manage it with their bare hands? If you just came very closely upon it while walking, what does it look like? Would a person see it and think they could possibly get inside and explore it, or would they definitely not realize it was anything out of the ordinary unless they already knew ahead of time?

Quote snipped by me.

Hello Victor, your information about these caves is interesting. Would a person need to choose to try to get into them, or would it be possible to accidentally get trapped in one (such as falling in somehow?) If they'd have to make an effort to get inside, could someone realistically manage it with their bare hands? If you just came very closely upon it while walking, what does it look like? Would a person see it and think they could possibly get inside and explore it, or would they definitely not realize it was anything out of the ordinary unless they already knew ahead of time?
You would never know it was there. The only indication is a large pile of boulders overgrown with vegetation. You would not be able to get inside unless something opened up somewhere else. Like I said these caves are dangerous and subject to collapse due to the type of rock they are made of. One of the reasons they are not general public knowledge is they didn’t want anyone messing with them. Long buried long forgotten. The many times I have been up there I have looked for an entrance but never found one. The one thing I did notice was the evidence of sink holes on the top of the hill around that area.

This is very concerning, in my opinion.

I understand that, usually, people are not exactly thinking rationally when feeling suicidal, depressed, desperate or even just stressed, but I honestly can’t see her walking out and committing suicide with her mother right there, waiting for her.

She could’ve done it when she was by herself.

Does she live alone? Is she married or in a relationship? Does she have any children? Was she working? Did she drive after that terrible freak accident, or was she afraid of driving?

Her taking a break from her “main” job makes me believe that she was trying to get her life back on track.

Maybe she did have family problems that needed her full attention, but maybe she was just very depressed and unable to perform as well as she wanted to. And if she is really an alcoholic, maybe she wanted to work on that.

I honestly don’t understand where the NY Post got that very personal information from, about her having suicidal thoughts in the past and of her possibly having problems with alcohol. Also, they were the first ones to mention that the mother was there at the park. So, who is talking?

This is very concerning, in my opinion.

I understand that, usually, people are not exactly thinking rationally when feeling suicidal, depressed, desperate or even just stressed, but I honestly can’t see her walking out and committing suicide with her mother right there, waiting for her.

She could’ve done it when she was by herself.

Does she live alone? Is she married or in a relationship? Does she have any children? Was she working? Did she drive after that terrible freak accident, or was she afraid of driving?

Her taking a break from her “main” job makes me believe that she was trying to get her life back on track.

Maybe she did have family problems that needed her full attention, but maybe she was just very depressed and unable to perform as well as she wanted to. And if she is really an alcoholic, maybe she wanted to work on that.

I honestly don’t understand where the NY Post got that very personal information from, about her having suicidal thoughts in the past and of her possibly having problems with alcohol. Also, they were the first ones to mention that the mother was there at the park. So, who is talking?
-Had accident with car rolling over her leg in 2015, she was not driving the car at the time, link upthread.

- Her mother returned to car, Tamara kept walking on 18 Nov at 6.30am.
-a random report from a fudged or unknown source reported by nYp that she had a history of alcoholism and suicidal thoughts - they omitted to say when.
- She surrendered her physicians licence in October, voluntarily .

-There is no evidence connecting the last two points and there is no credible evidence connecting any to her disappearance. They may be connected or not. I'm refraining from joining these dots without evidence.

-she is now missing for 8 days, it's winter. We haven't the slightest idea of where or how she is.

I definitely don't think that one surrenders one's license because they're "choosing to take a break". I think it's surrendered as part of a disciplinary action where you either choose to give it up or it's taken away. JMO.

-Had accident with car rolling over her leg in 2015, she was not driving the car at the time, link upthread.

- Her mother returned to car, Tamara kept walking on 18 Nov at 6.30am.
-a random report from a fudged or unknown source reported by nYp that she had a history of alcoholism and suicidal thoughts - they omitted to say when.
- She surrendered her physicians licence in October, voluntarily .

-There is no evidence connecting the last two points and there is no credible evidence connecting any to her disappearance. They may be connected or not. I'm refraining from joining these dots without evidence.

-she is now missing for 8 days, it's winter. We haven't the slightest idea of where or how she is.
Yes, I know the nature of the accident and she could've very well become traumatized by it. I know someone who had a similar accident but even worse, the person was hit by her own car and got trapped between the car and the garage door. It was absolutely horrifying.

I'm also aware that she surrendered her license, but couldn't she have another job? Wasn't she working on holistic stuff too? I'm guessing she could've been working still.

She was clearly dealing with something, we don't know what though.

What are the chances of her actually being somewhere in that park and still alive?

I definitely don't think that one surrenders one's license because they're "choosing to take a break". I think it's surrendered as part of a disciplinary action where you either choose to give it up or it's taken away. JMO.
pOST UPTHREAD CONFIRMS IT WAS NOT PART OF ANY DISCIPLINARY ACTION. (capslock accidental)

Yes, I know the nature of the accident and she could've very well become traumatized by it. I know someone who had a similar accident but even worse, the person was hit by her own car and got trapped between the car and the garage door. It was absolutely horrifying.

I'm also aware that she surrendered her license, but couldn't she have another job? Wasn't she working on holistic stuff too? I'm guessing she could've been working still.

She was clearly dealing with something, we don't know what though.

What are the chances of her actually being somewhere in that park and still alive?
I don't see how she could be. I have no idea what happened to her or where to search. LE are allegedly still searching that park.
I'm not sure why.
It's a mystery

I don't think you see what I'm getting at, surrendering the license is to avoid a record of a disciplinary action.
Her surrender was temporary in nature, not permanent, suggesting she needed time out.
Final Actions

Physician Last Name: Saukin
Physician First Name: Tamara
Physician Middle Name: Anna Marie
Address: Address redacted
License Number: 241180
License Type: MD
Year of Birth: 1976
Effective Date: 10/09/2020
Action Description for DOH Webpage: Temporary surrender of the physician’s New York State medical license pursuant to New York State Public Health Law Section 230.13.
Misconduct Description for DOH Webpage: This action is not disciplinary in nature.
License Restrictions for DOH Webpage:
Board Order:

I don't think you see what I'm getting at, surrendering the license is to avoid a record of a disciplinary action.
This is my understanding of how these license surrenders may often transpire.
Not saying this is the case here, but just reinforcing your post.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Staten Island also has pockets of wooded areas and a large Greenbelt. It would not be out of the realm of possibility for an avid walker to reach the area.
It is within the grounds of possibility that she was attacked.
I'm looking at these photos again and see LE searching the bushes along the banks... a suicide victim is unlikely to end up in the bushes from a drowning I wonder what else they may be searching for, in the bushes https://twitter.com/NYPDSpecialops/status/1331367360436064257?s=20

LE have had the chopper in there searching for several days now, they have not located her, I'm assuming they're concentrating this effort because they have scanned all entrances and exits and she was not seen leaving.
In your opinion and local knowledge, should they have covered the entire area by now, with the chopper? I believe it's 198 acres but lots of it has no cover, just green?

This is my understanding of how these license surrenders may often transpire.
Not saying this is the case here, but just reinforcing your post.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Exactly. The fact that it does not say "disciplinary action" doesn't mean it wasn't due to a serious issue such as addiction (which she apparently has according to the NY Post). You see something similar in other fields--even if you "messed up," a boss might say "if you resign now, we'll give you a good recommendation." It's better to leave before anything negative and permanent is on your record. The temporary part was probably there in case she went to rehab and got better (IF this is the reason).

Laws of the State of New York

This is about temporary incapacity as rationale for temporarily surrendering licence under section 230/13
Temporary incapacity where alleged incapacity has not resulted in harm.
..and should NOT be used as evidence of a violation.
Perhaps the girl had a medical issue that required treatment? We do not know.
In any case this clarifies she did no wrong.
ETA fix numbers

Last edited:
Laws of the State of New York

This is about temporary incapacity as rationale for temporarily surrendering licence under section 30/13
Temporary incapacity where alleged incapacity has not resulted in harm.
..and should NOT be used as evidence of a violation.
Perhaps the girl had a medical issue that required treatment? We do not know.
In any case this clarifies she did no wrong.
I don't think a general statement on a government website can clarify she did no wrong. Plus, I don't think anyone here is accusing the victim of doing anything wrong.

Most likely her alcoholism caused her to be too incapacitated to work. She probably had some reports made against her for practicing while intoxicated and was asked to surrender the license to avoid having it suspended.

We have an MSM report of alcoholism. We have LE saying no signs of foul play.

I don't think a general statement on a government website can clarify she did no wrong. Plus, I don't think anyone here is accusing the victim of doing anything wrong.

Most likely her alcoholism caused her to be too incapacitated to work. She probably had some reports made against her for practicing while intoxicated and was asked to surrender the license to avoid having it suspended.

We have an MSM report of alcoholism. We have LE saying no signs of foul play.
The book, which I linked clarifies the extent of 230/13, it's meanings and ramifications. It specifically addresses the FULL meaning of a temporary surrender under Section 230/13.
She may have had physical problems, we know she was involved in a horrific accident in 2015
Doc run over by car in driveway critical but stable

She may have suffered from mental or emotional problems that led her to believe she was unable to continue working as a doctor for a period.

It's quite an unusual clause, actually. I went through several pages of this seeking clarity

https://health.data.ny.gov/Health/Professional-Medical-Conduct-Board-Actions-Beginni/ebmi-8ctw/data

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back