CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that unless they investigated her, how would they know if there was evidence linking her? My guess is a lot of people were investigated to some degree before being ruled out. His coworkers who were at the site that morning, the friends he stayed with the first night Shanann was missing, possibly anyone whose fingerprints may have been in his work truck, etc. add to that that NK actually had a reason to not want Shanann around and that’s plenty of reason to look at her very closely. Moo
I agree-and why is there no evidence of an interview with "Jim" who was with NK on 13th Aug? Surely his information would be important in respect of her demeanour that day when she apparently just thought Shan'ann had "taken off" with the kids (can't forget the "let her *advertiser censored**ing go" comment she made to LE ). Seems like LE really did "leave Jim alone" !

Seenit, you beat me to it by 9 minutes. It’s a good article. A couple of things new to me — the house was removed from foreclosure after it was put up at a foreclosure auction but no one wanted it.
— There are liens on the property, the biggest from the Rzucek family (a result of the $6M+ they were granted in their civil wrongful death suit against CW). Anyone who buys the house would have to pay the lien off unless they negotiate some kind of settlement w/the lien holders.

The house is valued at about $600,000 on Zillow and even if their were no liens an appraiser estimates it would need to be discounted by at least 40% for another family to buy it. Or a purchase price of about $360,000. That doesn’t leave much profit for the lender, who the article says may prefer to just let it sit on their books indefinitely.

The story’s bottom line is the house may never be sold.

ETA sorry about the unicorns. Didn’t mean to attach them and don’t know how to delete them.

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-25_6-55-44.jpeg
    upload_2020-11-25_6-55-44.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 10
  • upload_2020-11-25_6-55-44.png
    upload_2020-11-25_6-55-44.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 6
Seenit, you beat me to it by 9 minutes. It’s a good article. A couple of things new to me — the house was removed from foreclosure after it was put up at a foreclosure auction but no one wanted it.
— There are liens on the property, the biggest from the Rzucek family (a result of the $6M+ they were granted in their civil wrongful death suit against CW). Anyone who buys the house would have to pay the lien off unless they negotiate some kind of settlement w/the lien holders.

Pardon my ignorance, but if someone were to want the house, they would have to pay off the $6 MILLION lien against it? So, essentially the house is unofficially listed at $6.6M? How would that even be possible?

Pardon my ignorance, but if someone were to want the house, they would have to pay off the $6 MILLION lien against it? So, essentially the house is unofficially listed at $6.6M? How would that even be possible?

I was wondering the same thing. But I’m thinking the proceeds from the sale of the house would be applied to any liens. How could anyone afford that?

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. But I’m thinking the proceeds from the sale of the house would be applied to any liens. How could anyone afford that?
When you buy the house you also become legally responsible for it’s liens. A prospective buyer can negotiate w/lien holders to reduce the lien amount and since lien holders will get nothing unless it sells they’re likely to negotiate. But there are several liens and the buyer would have to negotiate and reach an agreement with each lien holder individually plus cover the mortgage (or get the lender to agree to a short sale). It’s conceivable they could get every lien holder and the lender to agree on a reduction that would work but there’s no guarantee and what a hassle!

When you buy the house you also become legally responsible for it’s liens. A prospective buyer can negotiate w/lien holders to reduce the lien amount and since lien holders will get nothing unless it sells they’re likely to negotiate. But there are several liens and the buyer would have to negotiate and reach an agreement with each lien holder individually plus cover the mortgage (or get the lender to agree to a short sale). It’s conceivable they could get every lien holder and the lender to agree on a reduction that would work but there’s no guarantee and what a hassle!
Thank You for explaining this. Yeah, who on earth would want that hassle? Not me.

Tear the house down
I don’t think they can do that unless the bank and other lien holders agree. It’s still an asset, just not one anyone is willing to pay for.

Plus, some immediate neighbors don’t want it torn down. That complicates things too.

It may very well be demolished eventually, but even that would take more effort than anyone seems to be interested in taking right now.

Chris Watts phone call recording following the prison interview:
"I mean I felt like I had to just because like they flew out here and they didn't know what else was gonna happen you know.

Maybe like I'd come back and something like you know my sentence would get reduced or something like that"

So a guy who already confessed to two murders figured his sentence would be reduced if he confessed to two more?

Last edited:
Chris Watts phone call recording following the prison interview:
"I mean I felt like I had to just because like they flew out here and they didn't know what else was gonna happen you know.

Maybe like I'd come back and something like you know my sentence would get reduced or something like that"

So a guy who already confessed to two murders figured his sentence would be reduced if he confessed to two more?
He had already been charged with five counts of murder, plus the unlawful termination of pregnancy for Nico.

He probably just thought if he cooperated and answered more of their questions he would eventually get his sentence reduced.

He's already serving three consecutive life sentences so I'm not sure how he thought it would do him any good.

I agree. That would be a lot of hoops to jump through just to buy a cookie cutter house with a horrifying history.
Another question: If SW's parents agreed to a settlement with a potential buyer in regards to the house, does that mean they would be unable to collect anything else from CW ever? Kind of like when you sign a settlement with an insurance company, you give up the right to sue them for anymore money. (Obviously, they would never get $6M out of that house so my question might be right up there at the top of the stupid question list...Sorry!)

I agree. That would be a lot of hoops to jump through just to buy a cookie cutter house with a horrifying history.
Another question: If SW's parents agreed to a settlement with a potential buyer in regards to the house, does that mean they would be unable to collect anything else from CW ever? Kind of like when you sign a settlement with an insurance company, you give up the right to sue them for anymore money. (Obviously, they would never get $6M out of that house so my question might be right up there at the top of the stupid question list...Sorry!)
That’s a great question, and one I wish I knew the answer to. I assume you can have one lien on multiple assets, so even if the house sold they could still collect if CW were to say write a book. But I don’t know for sure so I asked an attorney friend —he isn’t sure either.

@gitana1 do you know?

I listened to a new interview between the conspiracy wacko and Ronnie Watts. He supports what she's doing "100%".

RW said that when CW saw them the one time in NC he told them that "they wanted a divorce". Obviously CW was lying about planning a divorce, since it's very clear in the discovery that Shanann didn't know about it.

RW said that CW told them that he had changed his work schedule to every other week and was getting 2 bedroom apartment, for which there is no evidence at all that CW actually did any of that.

When they first went missing, RW said that he thought Shanann was just trying to punish CW.

RW kept repeating that there was "just a theory" and no evidence. JMO, but it angers me that he doesn't consider the bodies and location and CW being there as evidence.

RW says he believes the first confession and that the part where CW called Shanann "evil" was redacted.

Regarding the prison confession, RW says CW "felt like he had to tell them something" and that they are both the same way in that they "don't like confrontation at all".

Apparently they still haven't found an attorney for the 35c post-conviction relief motion. Does anyone know if he would qualify for a public defender to help with that?

JMO, but if he doesn't qualify I don't see the Watts spending any of that life insurance settlement on a lost cause.

That’s a great question, and one I wish I knew the answer to. I assume you can have one lien on multiple assets, so even if the house sold they could still collect if CW were to say write a book. But I don’t know for sure so I asked an attorney friend —he isn’t sure either.

@gitana1 do you know?

To my knowledge, a lien on a house enables the lien holder to recover whatever value there is when it sells, up to the total amount of the lien, if available. If the full amount is not available, part of the debt is satisfied and they can continue to go after the rest, elsewhere.

For those asking earlier, when you buy a house with a lien, the lien doesn’t follow the buyer. They don’t buy the debt. It attaches only to the debtor’s equity.

I took a break from this case for a few months. What insurance settlement did Cindy Watts get? I did not realize that she was a beneficiary for any of her son’s victims. Thanks.
Sick Money Grab: Parents Of Killer Dad Chris Watts Seek $450K Insurance For Slain Wife, Children
Chris Watts took out a $450,000 insurance policy on his wife Shanann Watts and daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, prior to their deaths....

Defendants Franklin Rzucek as personal representative of the Estate of Shannan Watts, Ronnie Watts, Cindy Watts, Franklin Rzucek, and Sandra Rzucek (collectively “Defendants”) have reached a settlement in this matter...

It was not revealed how the money was split between the two families and lawyers for both did not return requests for comment.

To my knowledge, a lien on a house enables the lien holder to recover whatever value there is when it sells, up to the total amount of the lien, if available. If the full amount is not available, part of the debt is satisfied and they can continue to go after the rest, elsewhere.

For those asking earlier, when you buy a house with a lien, the lien doesn’t follow the buyer. They don’t buy the debt. It attaches only to the debtor’s equity.
Really? If the Buyer doesn’t assume the lien why will a Title Company refuse to provide Title Insurance to the new Buyer if there’s any lien on a house that won’t be fully paid off at time of closing? Without Title Insurance no lender will approve a mortgage. We’re told as Realtors we have to make sure there are no liens early on and if there are make sure they’ll be paid:lifted at or before closing or else the transaction will never close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members