MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

Who else other than the daughter has been speaking out about Echo?

Neighbors - past or present
Husband, exes
Friends - new or old
Parents, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins
Employers - past or present

No girlfriends? No coworkers?

Was Echo running away from someone or just enjoyed solitude?

We know very little about Echo, what were her likes? Dislikes? What made her move out to a remote place? Was she afraid of someone from her past?

Did she cut off contact with her husband and other children because she wanted to separate from her husband, planning a divorce?

Did she spend her days fishing? Long walks in the woods? Did she enjoy being alone or liked being around people? What was her favorite hangout place?

Where did Echo work? Where had she worked previously? How did she support herself?

She also has a cousin she is close to who has reached out to the news media several times. The links are here in this thread.

Her daughter, who lives in the same area as Echo and who was a new mom at the time of her mom's disappearance, has done a very good job of publicizing her mother's case. Daughter's younger brother also lives in the area.

The daughter has been cautioned by local LE to not discuss further details of the case.

There's no evidence I've seen to indicate Echo cut off contact with any of her family. Two of her children lived in the area and she visited with them regularly. She was in the midst of ending her marriage, but she and her husband were on good terms. It doesnt sound like she was involved in a romantic relationship with anyone else. She had a cousin she was close to.

My impression was that Echo liked living in the country, near the lake. That's why she moved to that area. Its near two well known resort areas that are very popular for fishing and boating.

She also has a cousin she is close to who has reached out to the news media several times. The links are here in this thread.

Her daughter, who lives in the same area as Echo and who was a new mom at the time of her mom's disappearance, has done a very good job of publicizing her mother's case. Daughter's younger brother also lives in the area.

The daughter has been cautioned by local LE to not discuss further details of the case.

There's no evidence I've seen to indicate Echo cut off contact with any of her family. Two of her children lived in the area and she visited with them regularly. She was in the midst of ending her marriage, but she and her husband were on good terms. It doesnt sound like she was involved in a romantic relationship with anyone else. She had a cousin she was close to.

My impression was that Echo liked living in the country, near the lake. That's why she moved to that area. Its near two well known resort areas that are very popular for fishing and boating.
Thanks! I must have missed the articles earlier where the cousin spoke to the media.
I’ll go back again and look, I’m a bit more distracted lately.
Her daughter has done a wonderful job, it must be extremely hard to be a new mom and then your mother to go missing. I didn’t know how close in terms of location she lived to her mother.
I didn’t know the ages of her other children and thought they were younger children and living with her husband. Seeing her daughter pleas for answers standing alone in the videos is heartbreaking, have to respect others that want their privacy.
Makes sense if she had two grown children that lived nearby and she enjoyed country life.
I would want to live near my children and grandchildren also.

Thanks! I must have missed the articles earlier where the cousin spoke to the media.
I’ll go back again and look, I’m a bit more distracted lately.
Her daughter has done a wonderful job, it must be extremely hard to be a new mom and then your mother to go missing. I didn’t know how close in terms of location she lived to her mother.
I didn’t know the ages of her other children and thought they were younger children and living with her husband. Seeing her daughter pleas for answers standing alone in the videos is heartbreaking, have to respect others that want their privacy.
Makes sense if she had two grown children that lived nearby and she enjoyed country life.
I would want to live near my children and grandchildren also.

Hi Mimosa,

I found the interview for you.

Andrew Havranek KY3 on Facebook Watch

Recent updates on the Bring Echo Home Facebook page:

They're working to set up a donation page for a reward fund

They feel there are people watching the BEH Facebook page who know something and are encouraging them to reach out to LE. Contact:

Missouri Highway Patrol
Missing persons unit

PO Box 568
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Email: missingpersons@mshp.dps.mo.gov
573-526-6178

Last edited:
JMO but I feel her disappearance was not voluntary but a criminal act. All of the details are very odd. She seemed very close to her daughter so I would think if she felt in real danger she would have shared that with her daughter.

Tricia was going to talk to Kelsey the day after she interviewed her to get more information. Is there going to be a follow up since it's going on three weeks since that interview?
I asked Trish last night she said she was going to call Kelsey and try to get her on her podcast. I will update if I find out when.

Hi Mimosa,

I found the interview for you.

Andrew Havranek KY3 on Facebook Watch

Recent updates on the Bring Echo Home Facebook page:

They're working to set up a donation page for a reward fund

They feel there are people watching the BEH Facebook page who know something and are encouraging them to reach out to LE. Contact:

Missouri Highway Patrol
Missing persons unit

PO Box 568
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Email: missingpersons@mshp.dps.mo.gov
573-526-6178
Thank you!!

I think this case has sadly been overshadowed by all the publicity surrounding the Morphew case. Both deserve equal attention.

I only briefly skimmed through this thread before posting, but from what I understand, the Barry and the Morphew daughters are being very quiet.. the daughters especially. That isn't the case here, so iflyfirstclass... are you possibly confusing the two? As roses said, and has been posted, the daughter in this case has been doing a lot of talking.
Hi....not confusing the two cases but I possibly didn't go into enough detail with my comment. The interview that Kelsey did with Tricia was the most information that anyone has given so far about Echo. Yes, Kelsey has put out some videos but for the most part, they are just centered on how much she is missed. (which is, of course, heartbreaking); however, when pressed for other information, the cousin of Echo has pretty much told people to mind their own business. I'm on a couple of FB pages where the case could be talked about but the cousin keeps coming on the pages basically getting upset with anyone who tries to ask just basic questions (did Echo work? why did she move away from her other daughters to such a remote area? what is the relationship between her and her ex-husband?.....those kind of things.) and no one will answer those questions. There are some red flags with Echo and no one will give any kind of background on her. I'm inspired though that Tricia got a lot more information from Kelsey. I didn't mean to make anyone upset with my comment but I've known about this case for several months and it has frustrated me with the lack of info.

Hi....not confusing the two cases but I possibly didn't go into enough detail with my comment. The interview that Kelsey did with Tricia was the most information that anyone has given so far about Echo. Yes, Kelsey has put out some videos but for the most part, they are just centered on how much she is missed. (which is, of course, heartbreaking); however, when pressed for other information, the cousin of Echo has pretty much told people to mind their own business. I'm on a couple of FB pages where the case could be talked about but the cousin keeps coming on the pages basically getting upset with anyone who tries to ask just basic questions (did Echo work? why did she move away from her other daughters to such a remote area? what is the relationship between her and her ex-husband?.....those kind of things.) and no one will answer those questions. There are some red flags with Echo and no one will give any kind of background on her. I'm inspired though that Tricia got a lot more information from Kelsey. I didn't mean to make anyone upset with my comment but I've known about this case for several months and it has frustrated me with the lack of info.

I think LE has asked the family to limit what they say about Echo's disappearance. Her daughter Kelsey has mentioned numerous times that some of the information she revealed (e.g. about her mother's gun) was info that LE told her to not reveal. For this reason, the family has clammed up about a lot of details. They're already concerned that they're not being given any new info that LE finds.

As for Kelsey's interviews and videos, she already has discussed information about why her mother moved, her parents failing marriage, but their ongoing good relationship. She discussed the time before her mom went missing when she visited Kelsey to talk about the creepy neighbor and how to deal with him. The area where Echo moved is a very popular weekend and summer vacation area for people who live in the Kansas City area - where Echo lived with her husband and family. People visit there nearly every weekend, most have cabins/camps there, even into cold weather months. I'm still not sure its a mystery to some why Echo wanted to move there. From Kelseys earlier videos it sounded like the family vacationed there regularly. She had family who lived not far away. IDK why that's all such a mystery.

I don't blame Echo's cousin for coming into those FB discussion groups to discourage rumormongering and cruel speculation by strangers. If you've followed WS long enough, you've seen some cases where terrible, cruel false rumors were spread about victims and their families.

ETA: Echo's cousin and her daughter have both said on FB that they are fairly certain that people who know what happened to Echo are reading the posts on those FB pages. JMO, they're being careful about what is posted there for that reason. If something bad happened to Echo, the people who harmed her are still there, watching. If so, these are violent people.

Last edited:
I think it’s a good idea for a family to appoint a trusted person to review and manage social media related to their loved one. It can be extremely stressful and hurtful, even when not intended to be.

Peace, love, and roses to all

amateur opinion and speculation

Folks, this thread is dedicated to discussing the case of Echo Michelle Lloyd. Please leave the social media drama, bickering and personalizing out of this discussion. It takes the focus off the victim and makes the thread discussion about YOU instead.

If you have a concern about any post or any member, utilize the board's Report feature to alert Moderators and it will be reviewed. Posting it on the thread is off topic and your post will be removed, along with all responses to it, and it may result in a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges at Websleuths.

Thanks.

There is a Facebook discussion group for Echo's case. However, the admins who run it seem to be more interested in drama and bickering etc., and they kick a lot of people out of the group - they even kicked Echo's daughter Kelsey out of the group today. If you'd like to join the new discussion group, PM me for that link. :)

Kelsey did an interview last night with another YouTube channel called DutyRon. It’s about 30 minutes long.

ETA: According to the video. DutyRon put up $1,000 to contribute towards a reward. One of his subscribers added another $1,000. Amazing thing to do! Hopefully it will make a difference. I hope MSM will pick up the story so Kelsey can speak on a much larger platform. The case is getting more and more attention by the day so I am optimistic!

Kelsey did an interview last night with another YouTube channel called DutyRon. It’s about 30 minutes long.

ETA: According to the video. DutyRon put up $1,000 to contribute towards a reward. One of his subscribers added another $1,000. Amazing thing to do! Hopefully it will make a difference. I hope MSM will pick up the story so Kelsey can speak on a much larger platform. The case is getting more and more attention by the day so I am optimistic!

At around 16:30, Kelsey says there was a can of something on the counter growing mold. This to me suggests it had been several days since anyone had been in the house, not just a few IMO

Last edited:
Youtube Creator Plunder Posted a Video this Morning made by Echo's Daughter. She said its been 6 months and 10 days since she reported her Mom Missing! It has missing poster and newest information. We sure need to get Echo Lloyd's information to more people, just like Suzanne Morphew. Both missing since Mothers Day.
Plunder exploits cases and posts a lot of misinformation and unvalidated claims purely for clicks. Jmo

Here's a link to Trisha's Websleuths Radio podcast (on platform "Anchor") where she interviewed Echo's daughter, Kelsey Smith, on December 3, 2020:
[Note: Once you click on this link, please scroll down on the Anchor page until you see the title.]

ECHO LLOYD: MISSING MISSOURI MOM - Interview with her daughter Kelsey Smith by WEBSLEUTHS RADIO PODCAST • A podcast on Anchor
This was an excellent interview, and I recommend anyone interested in this case listen to it. You can rely on the information coming from WS to be in the family's best interest and not sensationalized.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think that Echo should have been reclassified as endangered missing due to not having access to her medications. If she was on an anti-anxiety medication, for instance, and did not have it with her to take her usual daily dosage, she could have suffered seizures from withdrawal.

I also believe that the starting point to where she went missing IS her home. That's where her gun was found -- outside the home. Leads me to believe that she was outside with it, and forced to drop it, before she was rendered incapacitated and not able to defend herself. Someone removed her from outside her home, probably put her in her own vehicle and drove her away. Later, assailant returned the vehicle to her home. The perp then locked up Echo's house and took her car/house keys with him. (Yes. I do think it was a "him".)

All of the above is just my opinion only and pure speculation on my part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back