Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the articles I've seen, the two friends waiting for hours outside her place on Saturday, were TR and DJ:

"After we hadn't heard anything from her on Saturday, we were worried so Tanya and I went to their apartment at about 12:30 [noon] ," Desiree said "They had a ring doorbell, but nobody answered. "We sat outside and waited for hours."
Friends of influencer Alexis Sharkey say they have vital information for cops

The friend that AS is said to have texted her boyfriend at 11pm FRIDAY night, was CT

"Sharkey’s close friend Chelsea Turnbow told FOX 26 about the moment she learned something was wrong Friday night. “Tom, which is her husband, texted my boyfriend,” said Turnbow. “11 p.m. is when my boyfriend John called Tom and said, What’s going on, Tom? And he said, 'Me and Lex got into an argument, and she left. I don’t know where she went. Can you just please let me know if you know anything.'”
Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

I'm speculating that since all these friends say they all stay in touch constantly, the two sitting outside her apartment for hours on Saturday DID know she went missing the previous night (since one of her other friends clearly knew), but didn't actually worry about it until they still couldn't reach her the following day.

ETA: Scratch that - if all these same friends were in the same group chat as has been implied, it seems kind of strange that no one told them AS's hubby texted the night before saying she was gone. In her interview linked above, the one friend seems to have zero reason to be worried by Saturday when she texted the chat and asked who was coming over, and AS wasn't the first to reply.

Something fishy going on here.

jmo
excellent points - I'm having a hard time keeping track of who said what and when now.
JMO

In looking through Alexis' instagram account, I don't think it's an accurate portrayal that these girls (the ones being interviewed) are her only friends. She appears to have many, many friends. Maybe they assumed that she was with one of her other friends that they don't know.

Alexis Sharkey death investigation: Here's what we know | ktvb.com
snipped
Homicide Det. Ricardo Rivera, who's been handling the case, said there wasn't any attempt to conceal her body based on how the victim was positioned.

There's also no evidence she walked down the I-10 frontage road, he added.

The Houston Police Department reported a team of city workers found the victim naked on the side of the road in Houston's Energy Corridor on Saturday, Nov. 28. The Medical Examiner's office confirmed it was Sharkey on Monday, Nov. 30.

Investigators confirmed Tuesday they are still awaiting autopsy results for the victim, who they've identified by her maiden name -- Alexis Leigh Robinault.
-----
a lot of information in this article - I have a better understanding now of the timeline - I'd like to see the phone records at some point. Maybe in the arrest warrant?
JMO

I'd sure love to know, when all these friends were discussing things Saturday morning in the group chat, surprised that Alexis wasn't the first to respond, and comparing notes about when any of them last spoke to her, were they informed by CT at that time that Alexis' hubby texted and spoke to CT's boyfriend at 11pm the night before and he told him that she'd left and he didn't know where she went?

So far, the only one to mention that 11pm Friday night contact with TS, was CT.

None of the other friends interviewed have said anything at all about knowing she went "missing" Friday night, but clearly CT knew.

It just seems rather odd that no one else is saying anything like "yes, we heard she left her place Friday night but we weren't really worried until we couldn't reach her on Saturday".

jmo

It is totally possible that the friends giving info don't all know each other and did not compare notes. E.g. I have not seen confirmation that the friend whose boyfriend was called by the husband is in the same group chat. If she was then it would be weird for her not to say that he called and ask about her the night before Maybe it was mentioned and it just was not said in the media. Or maybe she isn't part of the circle.

It is totally possible that the friends giving info don't all know each other and did not compare notes. E.g. I have not seen confirmation that the friend whose boyfriend was called by the husband is in the same group chat. If she was then it would be weird for her not to say that he called and ask about her the night before Maybe it was mentioned and it just was not said in the media. Or maybe she isn't part of the circle.

It's been confirmed via article that Chelsea and Tanya know one another.

I'd sure love to know, when all these friends were discussing things Saturday morning in the group chat, surprised that Alexis wasn't the first to respond, and comparing notes about when any of them last spoke to her, were they informed by CT at that time that Alexis' hubby texted and spoke to CT's boyfriend at 11pm the night before and he told him that she'd left and he didn't know where she went?

None of the other friends interviewed have said anything at all about knowing she went "missing" Friday night, but clearly CT knew.

It just seems rather odd that no one else is saying anything like "yes, we heard she left her place Friday night but we weren't really worried until we couldn't reach her on Saturday".

jmo

Yeah, imo there is no way they wouldn't be up on Friday discussing if anyone had heard from Alexis.

Jmo

Something is off

It's definitely confirmed here:

"The four of us have been together since this happened - we're terrified. Her killer is still out there but we are determined - we won't stop until we find out what happened to our friend. She was beautiful inside and out and we miss her terribly."

"Now her four close friends - Tanya Ricardo, 32, Desiree Jacobs, 29, Kendra Martin, 33, and Chealsea Turnbow, 33, told how in the months before her disappearance Alexis had confided in them how the couple were in the process of separating and her demeanor had changed."

Interesting in this article, no mention of TS texting CT's boyfriend the night before.

Yeah, imo there is no way they wouldn't be up on Friday discussing if anyone had heard from Alexis.

Jmo

Something is off

My theory on this is that it may have been assumed (or known) by her friends that she was hanging out with the purported "other guy" during the time frame in question.

If she (allegedly) hopped their patio fence and got into a car with someone, could that someone have been the other guy?

Just a thought.

jmo

This is what is bothering me the most - one friend knew of an argument that night based on the test from the husband. Why was that friend not immediately alarmed? or was she and we haven't heard about it yet?

Tom Sharkey says Alexis wasn't always the happy person she portrayed on social media. - Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats

Why did the husband feel the need to say that she wasn't happy as portrayed? this is troublesome IMO

It's been confirmed via article that Chelsea and Tanya know one another.

Jmo

Something is off

lots to ponder here...
JMO

It's definitely confirmed here:

"The four of us have been together since this happened - we're terrified. Her killer is still out there but we are determined - we won't stop until we find out what happened to our friend. She was beautiful inside and out and we miss her terribly."

"Now her four close friends - Tanya Ricardo, 32, Desiree Jacobs, 29, Kendra Martin, 33, and Chealsea Turnbow, 33, told how in the months before her disappearance Alexis had confided in them how the couple were in the process of separating and her demeanor had changed."

Interesting in this article, no mention of TS texting CT's boyfriend the night before.

Possibly leading a double-life?

Yeah, no mention if she/they tried to get into her apartment.
Tanya did say they rang the bell and no one answered and noted there was a ring camera.
"No one answered the door at the apartment Alexis shared with her 49-year-old husband."
'She was always happy' | Alexis Sharkey remembered by friends | khou.com
So either TS was home and ignored them or he was out of the apartment.

JMO - If she was single, sure, maybe you try to get the landlord to let you in. But TS lived there and was saying she wasn't there... I think they acted appropriately by going to the apartment, waiting to see if she showed up and then contacting the parents and police.

Jmo

Something is off

Maybe they were discussing it on text Friday night. Just because they mentioned the Saturday AM group text doesn't exclude the possibility of Friday night texts.

Also it's tough to interpret from the article if husband was super worried and sounding the alarm or more just checking in - also a factor is how (and when) John interpreted and relayed the situation to CT (based on the call with TS and based on his knowledge of their relationship history or lack there of). Plus some of them may have been sleeping or had text alerts off at that hour etc etc.

The thing which has been the most confusing to me about this whole thing is the people who are talking about themselves in light of their loved one being murdered.

“We have info and no one has come to talk to us”
“Things were great between her and I but she wasn’t as happy as she seemed to everyone else”
“I told her not to drive drunk”

I can’t parse what seems off when absolutely all of it does. Might be bad reporting, but gosh it makes things hard to understand.

"Despite her sunny online persona, multiple friends said the 26-year-old had a troubled relationship with her new husband, Tom Sharkey, whom she married in December.

“Her and her husband were going through a divorce,” one friend said. The decision to end her marriage, the friend said, came after a girls’ trip to Marfa, Texas, last month, where Sharkey claimed her husband “had been putting hands on her.”

“Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,” the friend said. “But one night when she and I were talking alone she said, ‘He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.’”
‘Incredible Loss’: Instagram Influencer Found Dead Along Houston Road
This is what scares me more than anything ....
JMO

There have been 4 women's bodies found since Saturday in the greater Houston area. (Just noting this.) Of course, one was Brianna Johnson, found in the trunk of a car following a chase, so they have the suspect on that one.

I'm back to wondering about a bad batch in the area. It's not super uncommon for people to OD and friends panic.

Woman's body found near Offatts Bayou in Galveston.
They will be able to trace drugs inside her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam