Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been 4 women's bodies found since Saturday in the greater Houston area. (Just noting this.) Of course, one was Brianna Johnson, found in the trunk of a car following a chase, so they have the suspect on that one.

I'm back to wondering about a bad batch in the area. It's not super uncommon for people to OD and friends panic.

Woman's body found near Offatts Bayou in Galveston.
They will be able to trace drugs inside her body.
And why would you wait outside her apartment for hours especially since her husband texted the previous night asking your friend's husband if they had seen her???
because you think your friend is inside the house and could be in danger.

There have been 4 women's bodies found since Saturday in the greater Houston area. (Just noting this.) Of course, one was Brianna Johnson, found in the trunk of a car following a chase, so they have the suspect on that one.

I'm back to wondering about a bad batch in the area. It's not super uncommon for people to OD and friends panic.

Woman's body found near Offatts Bayou in Galveston.
They will be able to trace drugs inside her body.
And why would you wait outside her apartment for hours especially since her husband texted the previous night asking your friend's husband if they had seen her???
because you think your friend is inside the house and could be in danger.
The thing which has been the most confusing to me about this whole thing is the people who are talking about themselves in light of their loved one being murdered.

“We have info and no one has come to talk to us”
“Things were great between her and I but she wasn’t as happy as she seemed to everyone else”
“I told her not to drive drunk”

I can’t parse what seems off when absolutely all of it does. Might be bad reporting, but gosh it makes things hard to understand.
Her friends are probably also social media influencers so they are egocentric. (Not meaning that in a bad way.)

Last edited:
Maybe they were discussing it on text Friday night. Just because they mentioned the Saturday AM group text doesn't exclude the possibility of Friday night texts.

Also it's tough to interpret from the article if husband was super worried and sounding the alarm or more just checking in - also a factor is how (and when) John interpreted and relayed the situation to CT (based on the call with TS and based on his knowledge of their relationship history or lack there of). Plus some of them may have been sleeping or had text alerts off at that hour etc etc.

"Sharkey’s close friend Chelsea Turnbow told FOX 26 about the moment she learned something was wrong Friday night. “Tom, which is her husband, texted my boyfriend,” said Turnbow. “11 p.m. is when my boyfriend John called Tom and said, What’s going on, Tom? And he said, 'Me and Lex got into an argument, and she left. I don’t know where she went. Can you just please let me know if you know anything.'”
Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

So CT knew something was "wrong" Friday night... yet the rest of the friend group knew nothing & had nothing to worry about until Saturday morning?

A friend group that has been described at "texting constantly" with each other?

I'm having a real hard time buying that.

jmo

"Sharkey’s close friend Chelsea Turnbow told FOX 26 about the moment she learned something was wrong Friday night. “Tom, which is her husband, texted my boyfriend,” said Turnbow. “11 p.m. is when my boyfriend John called Tom and said, What’s going on, Tom? And he said, 'Me and Lex got into an argument, and she left. I don’t know where she went. Can you just please let me know if you know anything.'”
Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

So CT knew something was "wrong" Friday night... yet the rest of the friend group knew nothing & had nothing to worry about until Saturday morning?

jmo

You and me both

jmo

You and me both

Every mid-20s person I know has their Snap or similar location on for their friend group unless it is specifically turned off. Why wouldn’t they just check that?

Is that only common on the west coast or something?

It’s weird that her spouse was worried but no one else seemed to be.

Why would the fri3nds wait outside her apartment? There are a couple of different directions my hinky feelings are coming from. I have two distinct theories now, but dare not mention them.

Me, too! Mine are pure speculation and gut feelings but...I will wait.

I wish the phone records would be quickly examined by LE, probably are being examined right now though. And security cams. They have a Ring cam as well.

Every mid-20s person I know has their Snap or similar location on for their friend group unless it is specifically turned off. Why wouldn’t they just check that?

Is that only common on the west coast or something?

It’s weird that her spouse was worried but no one else seemed to be.

Yeah, weird. o_O

Why would the fri3nds wait outside her apartment? There are a couple of different directions my hinky feelings are coming from. I have two distinct theories now, but dare not mention them.

I am with ya. Your theories may be totally different, but my gut instinct is that this case feels similar to the Crystal McDowell case. She was a divorced woman still living with her husband when murdered, and eyes were on a bf or the ex-husband. Guess who did it?

But there are shades of the Tamla Horsford case here too, with the group of friends hanging out..

Waiting patiently for autopsy results and a LE press release. May be a while before an arrest, unless the surveillance cameras or cell phone activity come back with a perp. Or if there’s a confession.

jmo

Ok, in this interview, Tanya says the next morning they did a group text chat to see if anyone had heard from Alexis but in another interview, another friend says that Tom texted her boyfriend at 11 on Friday asking if they had seen her.

None of this is making sense.

Is there a timeline someone can direct me to?

Is there a timeline someone can direct me to?

There is a video interview that TR did with KHOU 11 that is posted by Houdat on page 13 of this thread.

And there is an article with a quote from CT that is posted by Ontario Mom a few answers up.

Go watch the interview with TR and then read what CT is quoted as saying.

Nothing they say adds up

I think her friends are muddling the information, not intentionally but I’m surprised police haven’t told them to zip it. 20-somethings seem fairly comfortable broadcasting their lives (wow that makes me sound old and I know it’s not all 20-somethings) but I hate to have their taped interviews come back and mess up a trial, that whole reasonable doubt thing.
IMOO

I think her friends are muddling the information, not intentionally but I’m surprised police haven’t told them to zip it. 20-somethings seem fairly comfortable broadcasting their lives (wow that makes me sound old and I know it’s not all 20-somethings) but I hate to have their taped interviews come back and mess up a trial, that whole reasonable doubt thing.
IMOO

I'm sure police are looking at both the husband and her friends. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members