Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree this is odd. My only explanation is that Chelsey's husband didn't mention it to her. Pretty hard to believe I know (though some men are less gossipy than the rest of us). Still very far fetched.

But in the article that Ontario Mom posted it is mentioned where CT knew something was wrong on Friday when her boyfriend got a text message from Tom.

So CT knew about the text message

It says video unavailable
I agree with the mother that the emphasis on "influencer" doesn't reflect the daughter's accomplishments and worth as young woman. She got a degree in biology summa *advertiser censored* laude, which is dang hard, IMO, (that's me remembering 4 quarters of chemistry and a few years of math). She used internet to promote and develop her businesses. But the media jumps to "instagram influencer" as though that is all she ever did with her life. :(:(

Her Mom is "salt of the earth", IMO. Great interview.

Last edited:
Not very informative, but I think this is new (bbm):

"A preliminary autopsy on the body of Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey did not rule out foul play in her death, officials in Texas confirmed Wednesday.

Final results from the autopsy are still pending, but a spokesperson for the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences says the possibility of foul play still exists in this case."

Foul Play Not Ruled Out in Influencer's Death, as Friend Says She Was 'Scared for Her Life'

So weird... I wonder what happened then.

Omg!!!!!
This is walking distance to my house. Long walk but walking distance. Had an armed robbery at my local Exxon station yesterday. Right in the middle of the energy corridor in west Houston. Surrounded by BP, Exxon/Mobil, all the biggies.
It’s not always things happen to the other guy.

I agree with the mother that the emphasis on "influencer" doesn't reflect the daughter's accomplishments and worth as young woman. She got a degree in biology summa *advertiser censored* laude, which is dang hard, IMO, (that's me remembering 4 quarters of chemistry and a few years of math). She used internet to promote and develop her businesses. But the media jumps to "instagram influencer" as though that is all she ever did with her life. :(:(

^ I wish I could like this post 1000x.

Omg!!!!!
This is walking distance to my house. Long walk but walking distance. Had an armed robbery at my local Exxon station yesterday. Right in the middle of the energy corridor in west Houston. Surrounded by BP, Exxon/Mobil, all the biggies.
It’s not always things happen to the other guy.

It is scary. Stay safe. At least 3 women murdered in the Houston area in just a couple of weeks. Asia Foster, Briana Johnson, Alexis Sharkey.

I have a hard time understanding a timeline unless it’s written out.
I did a mini timeline Monday. updating below. feel free to edit or update. I have to run. I haven't had a chance to see the full mom interview yet (so nothing in that below) but totally agree with yall based on the short version that she seems like a great mom and great interview.

Timeline:

WEDNESDAY Spoke to mother Wednesday about Xmas plans

THURSDAY Last seen by other than spouse (that we know of).
  • Spent Thanksgiving at friend Tanya R’s with others there too (per Tanya interview and photo media published reportedly taken Thursday which is the last photo of AS that Tanya knows of). Implied is that AS left Thursday night. No mention of AS spending the night or of friends seeing her anytime after Thanksgiving.
  • “Tanya said Alexis spent Thanksgiving at her house and they made plans to watch movies with other friends all day on Saturday. The last time they spoke was around 6 p.m. Friday.” 'She was always happy' | Alexis Sharkey remembered by friends | khou.com
  • Mom texted with AS
FRIDAY Unknown time - Co-workers notice she is not posting on Black Friday
FRIDAY 6pm- Stopped responding to messages from friends
https://www.thedailybeast.com/instagram-influencer-alexis-sharkey-found-dead-along-houston-road
FRIDAY Unknown time - Last seen at apartment complex by TS
  • "Alexis Sharkey was last seen the day after Thanksgiving at her apartment complex."
  • Sharkey said when he last saw his wife, he warned her not to drive.
    "She understood me. I understood her. We didn't fight when she left. I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence," said Sharkey. "She left anyhow. This is where we're at." Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats
FRIDAY Unknown time before 11pm - TS texts John

FRIDAY 11 PM - John calls TS and reports that TS said AS left after argument and he doesn't know where she went (per CT)

SATURDAY 8:30 AM- AS body found naked in bush by public works worker.
SATURDAY ALL DAY - was supposed to watch movies all day with friends including Tanya. Missed plans. No responses to calls/ texts. Friends group text and no one has heard from AS.
SATURDAY 12:30PM - Tanya and Desiree go to apartment. No one answered door at apt. They wait outside her apt for "hours".
SATURDAY Unknown time before 9 pm - TS and Tanya both contact the parents of AS about missing status and the friends file a missing person's report with police.
  • "A police report has been filed by her friends, and her husband has been notified."
    UPDATE: Body of 26-year-old woman found in Houston, family says
  • also from this early article:
  • "Sharkey was last in contact with her friends at 6 p.m., and no one has heard from her since, according to her mother. .... Her mother said there was an argument and she left and didn’t take her car."

Ok. Looked on the map. Wrong side of the freeway. Right next to an Omni Hotel. I’ll swing by there later, going that way in a bit. It’s right off the frontage road, and I bet she was left and the perp was gone in seconds. That side of the frontage road heads west to Hwy 6. Also a park and ride lot.
Big road but plenty of traffic signals. Very easy to jump back onto Katy Freeway from that location within 5 minutes, and head back into Houston, or out west to Katy, Texas. Basically, it’s close to the border of Houston and next city. But we have two huge reservoirs right there, the ones that were opened up during Harvey and flooded everyone within miles. It would have been smarter to leave her going north on Eldridge. Remote because of reservoir areas. Turn off Eldridge onto any small side road into reservoir areas. Drop her off. Back into vehicle. I’m thinking it was not a perp familiar with that side of town. I would have chosen a different spot than where she was found. It would have taken longer to find her in the reservoir areas.
Ok. I’m vested in this case now.

It is scary. Stay safe. At least 3 women murdered in the Houston area in just a couple of weeks. Asia Foster, Briana Johnson, Alexis Sharkey.

I’ll have to check and see about these others. I don’t travel at night unless I have to. It’s dark? I’m inside. Always paying attention to surroundings. Always room to pull car away from where stopped. I never get up next to the car in front of me. Never walk up to strangers asking for directions from a vehicle.

3. Another friend of Tanya's Chelsea found out at 11 pm on Friday that she was missing,
But there is no mention if Chelsea told Tanya or others in the group

6. TR says that she went over at Alexis's apartment at 12:30 on Saturday/ another friend was with her.
7. TR didn't contact Alexis's mother, it was Tom that did
8. 11 pm on Friday asking Chelsea's boyfriend if anyone had heard from her.
9. Tom contacted Alexis's mother on Saturday to say that she was missing.

You guys are great! Thanks so much.

I thought in the video linked that TR claims she did call Alexis’ mom?

Agree 100%, the media is using click bait headlines.

Ok. Is this correct?

Short marriage. One year.

Getting ready to file for divorce. (I’ll look later I might be able to access the divorce records here in Harris County. But they’ve secured it even more with you have to be the attorney of record to access the case. Will see.)

Is the husband a POI?
Any domestic violence records?

FYI: it’ll take forever to get a report from the autopsy people in Harris County, Texas. Unless LE hurries it along. Doubtful.

OK. I’ll check back later.

ETA: taking my camera with me to see if anything worth photographing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member