Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a mini timeline Monday. updating below. feel free to edit or update. I have to run. I haven't had a chance to see the full mom interview yet (so nothing in that below) but totally agree with yall based on the short version that she seems like a great mom and great interview.

Timeline:

WEDNESDAY Spoke to mother Wednesday about Xmas plans

THURSDAY Last seen by other than spouse (that we know of).
  • Spent Thanksgiving at friend Tanya R’s with others there too (per Tanya interview and photo media published reportedly taken Thursday which is the last photo of AS that Tanya knows of). Implied is that AS left Thursday night. No mention of AS spending the night or of friends seeing her anytime after Thanksgiving.
  • “Tanya said Alexis spent Thanksgiving at her house and they made plans to watch movies with other friends all day on Saturday. The last time they spoke was around 6 p.m. Friday.” 'She was always happy' | Alexis Sharkey remembered by friends | khou.com
  • Mom texted with AS
FRIDAY Unknown time - Co-workers notice she is not posting on Black Friday
FRIDAY 6pm- Stopped responding to messages from friends
FRIDAY Unknown time - Last seen at apartment complex by TS
  • "Alexis Sharkey was last seen the day after Thanksgiving at her apartment complex."
  • Sharkey said when he last saw his wife, he warned her not to drive.
    "She understood me. I understood her. We didn't fight when she left. I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence," said Sharkey. "She left anyhow. This is where we're at." Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats
FRIDAY Unknown time before 11pm - TS texts John

FRIDAY 11 PM - John calls TS and reports that TS said AS left after argument and he doesn't know where she went (per CT)

SATURDAY 8:30 AM- AS body found naked in bush by public works worker.
SATURDAY ALL DAY - was supposed to watch movies all day with friends including Tanya. Missed plans. No responses to calls/ texts. Friends group text and no one has heard from AS.
SATURDAY 12:30PM - Tanya and Desiree go to apartment. No one answered door at apt. They wait outside her apt for "hours".
SATURDAY Unknown time before 9 pm - TS and Tanya both contact the parents of AS about missing status and the friends file a missing person's report with police.
  • "A police report has been filed by her friends, and her husband has been notified."
    UPDATE: Body of 26-year-old woman found in Houston, family says
  • also from this early article:
  • "Sharkey was last in contact with her friends at 6 p.m., and no one has heard from her since, according to her mother. .... Her mother said there was an argument and she left and didn’t take her car."
Well done - I will add it to the media thread

Ok. Is this correct?

Short marriage. One year.

Getting ready to file for divorce. (I’ll look later I might be able to access the divorce records here in Harris County. But they’ve secured it even more with you have to be the attorney of record to access the case. Will see.)

Is the husband a POI?
Any domestic violence records?

FYI: it’ll take forever to get a report from the autopsy people in Harris County, Texas. Unless LE hurries it along. Doubtful.

OK. I’ll check back later.

1. Only her friends from Houston are saying that she wanted a divorce/being abused. Her family has mentioned no such thing in either video interviews or article interviews about getting divorced etc.
3. We don't have any POI or Suspects

In Tanya’s video she never mentioned that Desiree is with her. She claims she went to the apartment as she lived the closest. She says she went to the door and knocked and waited in her car for hours. Why would she not mention the other friend being with her during this time? Check 7:14 mark of her KHOU interview.
Also read somewhere that Alexis had texted a guy friend they knew at 11 that night and responded with laughing emoji. Anyone know more about this?

Ok. Looked on the map. Wrong side of the freeway. Right next to an Omni Hotel. I’ll swing by there later, going that way in a bit. It’s right off the frontage road, and I bet she was left and the perp was gone in seconds. That side of the frontage road heads west to Hwy 6. Also a park and ride lot.
Big road but plenty of traffic signals. Very easy to jump back onto Katy Freeway from that location within 5 minutes, and head back into Houston, or out west to Katy, Texas. Basically, it’s close to the border of Houston and next city. But we have two huge reservoirs right there, the ones that were opened up during Harvey and flooded everyone within miles. It would have been smarter to leave her going north on Eldridge. Remote because of reservoir areas. Turn off Eldridge onto any small side road into reservoir areas. Drop her off. Back into vehicle. I’m thinking it was not a perp familiar with that side of town. I would have chosen a different spot than where she was found. It would have taken longer to find her in the reservoir areas.
Ok. I’m vested in this case now.

Good to have a local in here with us, who knows the lay of the land.

Is Katy Freeway also known as I-10? I ask because I am looking at other crimes that happened that night. (Though this case may turn out to be exactly how it appears, we just don’t know yet.)

These guys robbed a convenience store Friday night and were on the run. About 1/2 hour away, but near I-10.
HCSO: 2 men on the run after aggravated robbery in northeast Harris County

I'm local too and grew up in this area. Yes, Katy Freeway is I-10. When you look at the pics of where she is found it appears to be a desolate area but it's not. I was actually surprised to see that empty plot of land there. I have driven by it a million times. That part of Houston is known as the "Energy Corridor" with lots of large companies, office buildings, shopping, etc. My stepsister was killed in the area in 1990. Where AS was found is right off the freeway - someone could easily jump on or off. IMO someone that dropped her there is not familiar with the Houston area or wanted her to be found.

I'm curious what led them to believe her body was there overnight -

Alexis Sharkey: What we know happened before Houston influencer's death
snipped
Saturday, Nov. 28

Around 8 a.m., a City of Houston public works employee driving in the 1000 block of Red Haw, near the Katy Freeway and Eldridge Parkway, saw feet in the bushes, HPD detectives say.

That's when a naked woman's body was discovered. The woman, believed to be in her 20s, had no visible injuries.

Authorities said they believe her body had been there overnight

I'm curious what led them to believe her body was there overnight -

Alexis Sharkey: What we know happened before Houston influencer's death
snipped
Saturday, Nov. 28

Around 8 a.m., a City of Houston public works employee driving in the 1000 block of Red Haw, near the Katy Freeway and Eldridge Parkway, saw feet in the bushes, HPD detectives say.

That's when a naked woman's body was discovered. The woman, believed to be in her 20s, had no visible injuries.

Authorities said they believe her body had been there overnight

Maybe by the amount of Rigor mortis?

Ok. Is this correct?

Short marriage. One year.

Getting ready to file for divorce. (I’ll look later I might be able to access the divorce records here in Harris County. But they’ve secured it even more with you have to be the attorney of record to access the case. Will see.)

Is the husband a POI?
Any domestic violence records?

FYI: it’ll take forever to get a report from the autopsy people in Harris County, Texas. Unless LE hurries it along. Doubtful.

OK. I’ll check back later.

ETA: taking my camera with me to see if anything worth photographing.

Yes, married about year, according to MSM.
Divorce: according to hubby, no. According to friends, yes.
Husband a POI, officially? No, not according to LE.
DV records? Not that have been made public or commented on by LE.

In Tanya’s video she never mentioned that Desiree is with her. She claims she went to the apartment as she lived the closest. She says she went to the door and knocked and waited in her car for hours. Why would she not mention the other friend being with her during this time? Check 7:14 mark of her KHOU interview.
Also read somewhere that Alexis had texted a guy friend they knew at 11 that night and responded with laughing emoji. Anyone know more about this?

One of the MSM articles (there are roughly 80 billion, at last count) stated that her friends say the last activity from Alexis was Friday evening (no time given) when she responded to a male friend's comment with a laughing emoji.

Re: TR being the one to sit outside Alexis' apartment for hours, you are correct, she does not mention she was with anyone. DJ mentions she was with TR in other articles but in this one TR relays the info in her interview as if she was there by herself.

Oh my God. Yeah, you're right!

The no signs of violence on her body is totally throwing me off.

You can cut someone's air supply off using a choke hold. The move has been banned in Canada for nearly 30 years because people detained by police have died from its inexpert use. Chances are it will not leave a mark.

Here's some information provided by PEI government regarding domestic abuse, specifically choking and strangulation and how many times no marks are evident.

https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/sites/default/files/publications/css_straginfo14.pdf

• Here is Desiree saying she was with Tanya... sorry I didn't get every link in the timeline. SO MANY!
Friends of influencer Alexis Sharkey say they have vital information for cops

"After we hadn't heard anything from her on Saturday, we were worried so Tanya and I went to their apartment at about 12:30 [noon] ," Desiree said

"They had a ring doorbell, but nobody answered.

"We sat outside and waited for hours."

• Also in looking for this link, I realized a video describes the friends missing person report as being Saturday afternoon but shows it was time stamped at 19:32 (7:32 pm). attaching screenshot and link to that fyi.
'She was always happy' | Alexis Sharkey remembered by friends | khou.com
  • The video also shows Tanya's texts with AS - the final conversation started at 5:40pm Friday (unclear when it finished)... it indicates that AS asked if T was going out Friday night and T said she was staying in because it was her mom's last night in town for the holiday. attaching screenshots.

Attachments

• Capturerpt.PNG
    Capturerpt.PNG
    301.1 KB · Views: 247
  • Capturetxt1.PNG
    Capturetxt1.PNG
    208.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Capturetxt2.PNG
    Capturetxt2.PNG
    200.2 KB · Views: 251
One of the MSM articles (there are roughly 80 billion, at last count) stated that her friends say the last activity from Alexis was Friday evening (no time given) when she responded to a male friend's comment with a laughing emoji.

Re: TR being the one to sit outside Alexis' apartment for hours, you are correct, she does not mention she was with anyone. DJ mentions she was with TR in other articles but in this one TR relays the info in her interview as if she was there by herself.

Yes, thank you for confirming. I was not sure if the story was from a comment thread or an actual article. I’ve read so many lately it’s all blurring together. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member