CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick Money Grab: Parents Of Killer Dad Chris Watts Seek $450K Insurance For Slain Wife, Children
Chris Watts took out a $450,000 insurance policy on his wife Shanann Watts and daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, prior to their deaths....

Defendants Franklin Rzucek as personal representative of the Estate of Shannan Watts, Ronnie Watts, Cindy Watts, Franklin Rzucek, and Sandra Rzucek (collectively “Defendants”) have reached a settlement in this matter...

It was not revealed how the money was split between the two families and lawyers for both did not return requests for comment.
Thank you. I now need to throw up and take a shower as this is truly repugnant What a hateful family the Watts continue to prove they are.

Sick Money Grab: Parents Of Killer Dad Chris Watts Seek $450K Insurance For Slain Wife, Children
Chris Watts took out a $450,000 insurance policy on his wife Shanann Watts and daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, prior to their deaths....

Defendants Franklin Rzucek as personal representative of the Estate of Shannan Watts, Ronnie Watts, Cindy Watts, Franklin Rzucek, and Sandra Rzucek (collectively “Defendants”) have reached a settlement in this matter...

It was not revealed how the money was split between the two families and lawyers for both did not return requests for comment.
Thank you. I now need to throw up and take a shower as this is truly repugnant. What a hateful family the Watts continue to prove they are.

I listened to a new interview between the conspiracy wacko and Ronnie Watts. He supports what she's doing "100%".

RW said that when CW saw them the one time in NC he told them that "they wanted a divorce". Obviously CW was lying about planning a divorce, since it's very clear in the discovery that Shanann didn't know about it.

RW said that CW told them that he had changed his work schedule to every other week and was getting 2 bedroom apartment, for which there is no evidence at all that CW actually did any of that.

When they first went missing, RW said that he thought Shanann was just trying to punish CW.

RW kept repeating that there was "just a theory" and no evidence. JMO, but it angers me that he doesn't consider the bodies and location and CW being there as evidence.

RW says he believes the first confession and that the part where CW called Shanann "evil" was redacted.

Regarding the prison confession, RW says CW "felt like he had to tell them something" and that they are both the same way in that they "don't like confrontation at all".

Apparently they still haven't found an attorney for the 35c post-conviction relief motion. Does anyone know if he would qualify for a public defender to help with that?

JMO, but if he doesn't qualify I don't see the Watts spending any of that life insurance settlement on a lost cause.
What bunk. Him, not you. How would he know anything was redacted? How would he know what "redacted" means. The part about the 2 bedroom apt and alternate work weeks came from the NK interview. Even NK said, that as of Aug 11 he still was not agreeing to see her choice of apt for him. Waffling, saying he had some apts to see on his own.
Sorry, Ronnie 's worth is etched forever in my mind. "Whatja do, haul them bodies off or sumpin'?". Only slightly paraphrased. And I learned all I need to know of both of the Watts parents for going on national TV to denigrate SW after she was murdered by their son.

Last edited:
I listened to a new interview between the conspiracy wacko and Ronnie Watts. He supports what she's doing "100%".

RW said that when CW saw them the one time in NC he told them that "they wanted a divorce". Obviously CW was lying about planning a divorce, since it's very clear in the discovery that Shanann didn't know about it.

RW said that CW told them that he had changed his work schedule to every other week and was getting 2 bedroom apartment, for which there is no evidence at all that CW actually did any of that.

When they first went missing, RW said that he thought Shanann was just trying to punish CW.

RW kept repeating that there was "just a theory" and no evidence. JMO, but it angers me that he doesn't consider the bodies and location and CW being there as evidence.

RW says he believes the first confession and that the part where CW called Shanann "evil" was redacted.

Regarding the prison confession, RW says CW "felt like he had to tell them something" and that they are both the same way in that they "don't like confrontation at all".

Apparently they still haven't found an attorney for the 35c post-conviction relief motion. Does anyone know if he would qualify for a public defender to help with that?

JMO, but if he doesn't qualify I don't see the Watts spending any of that life insurance settlement on a lost cause.

Thank you for taking one for the team, DaisyKenny .

Thank you for taking one for the team, DaisyKenny .
Well I did gloss over a few details. I just wanted to highlight the stupidity of their new angle with the 35c motion.

It's really just more of the same from the Watts and their troll allies attacking anyone and everyone who worked on the case or helped put CW in jail for his crimes.

They especially hate Nate for a being a "nosy" neighbor and NA for being a concerned friend. Inexplicably they also hate Tammy for supposedly "coercing" the first confession, even though she gave him the idea for what they now claim is the "real story".

IMO the Watts and their trolls know he killed them all because they only attack Shanann and the people who put him behind bars, rather than disputing the facts.

JMO but the trolls, by pointing out what they see as Shanann's faults, are admitting that they could see themselves wiping out their own family rather than getting divorced if their own spouse annoyed them too much. Because normal people just say "so what", nothing she may have done came close to justifying what he did.

Really? If the Buyer doesn’t assume the lien why will a Title Company refuse to provide Title Insurance to the new Buyer if there’s any lien on a house that won’t be fully paid off at time of closing? Without Title Insurance no lender will approve a mortgage. We’re told as Realtors we have to make sure there are no liens early on and if there are make sure they’ll be paid:lifted at or before closing or else the transaction will never close.

I guess I should have said they buyer doesn’t buy the whole debt. That’s because liens are satisfied when the property sells unless they’re not known about. I mean a lien holder could, theoretically, refuse to take a loss if the sales price doesn’t pay off the lien. But that would defeat the purpose of the lien.

You can’t make a $450,000.00 property worth $6,000,000.00 by placing a six million dollar lien on it.

So either the lien holder agrees to lift the lien in exchange for part of the payment or the house isn’t sold.

Here we go again with me being slow, but I don’t get this. You mean if my husband murdered me, and went to prison, he still gets half the insurance? So his half goes to his parents? I thought murder disqualifies you from profit? So he’d be disqualified and it would all go the the wife’s family?

Well I did gloss over a few details. I just wanted to highlight the stupidity of their new angle with the 35c motion.

It's really just more of the same from the Watts and their troll allies attacking anyone and everyone who worked on the case or helped put CW in jail for his crimes.

They especially hate Nate for a being a "nosy" neighbor and NA for being a concerned friend. Inexplicably they also hate Tammy for supposedly "coercing" the first confession, even though she gave him the idea for what they now claim is the "real story".

IMO the Watts and their trolls know he killed them all because they only attack Shanann and the people who put him behind bars, rather than disputing the facts.

JMO but the trolls, by pointing out what they see as Shanann's faults, are admitting that they could see themselves wiping out their own family rather than getting divorced if their own spouse annoyed them too much. Because normal people just say "so what", nothing she may have done came close to justifying what he did.
Yes. She could basically do any and all annoying things and divorce is the answer, which would mean starting over for him.
He wanted freedom and the assets. So its a financial crime like most.

Prison isn't working yet.
He is fighting and not experiencing remorse, or seeing that he is a monster, locked up where monsters are kept.

Here we go again with me being slow, but I don’t get this. You mean if my husband murdered me, and went to prison, he still gets half the insurance? So his half goes to his parents? I thought murder disqualifies you from profit? So he’d be disqualified and it would all go the the wife’s family?
Yes. What the heck. You can't kill people to get insurance money.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the slayer statute in Colorado does prohibit a killer from profiting from his crimes. Even though CW waived his rights to the insurance money, his parents claimed that:
As CW has no living descendants and no spouse, any disclaimed share of an intestate estate would go to his surviving parents, Ronnie and Cindy Watts, under Colo. Rev. Stat. § 15-11-103.

The Rzuceks do have that $6 million judgment against CW, so ironically, they would have automatically received all of the $450K from him if there hadn't been a slayer statute, which generally treats the killer as if he predeceased the victim.

Apparently the families settled out of court and can't discuss the outcome.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the slayer statute in Colorado does prohibit a killer from profiting from his crimes. Even though CW waived his rights to the insurance money, his parents claimed that:
As CW has no living descendants and no spouse, any disclaimed share of an intestate estate would go to his surviving parents, Ronnie and Cindy Watts, under Colo. Rev. Stat. § 15-11-103.

The Rzuceks do have that $6 million judgment against CW, so ironically, they would have automatically received all of the $450K from him if there hadn't been a slayer statute, which generally treats the killer as if he predeceased the victim.

Apparently the families settled out of court and can't discuss the outcome.
Shanann married so poorly, a monster, murderer idiot and creep. His parents look to be part of that problem.

Than
I guess I should have said they buyer doesn’t buy the whole debt. That’s because liens are satisfied when the property sells unless they’re not known about. I mean a lien holder could, theoretically, refuse to take a loss if the sales price doesn’t pay off the lien. But that would defeat the purpose of the lien.

You can’t make a $450,000.00 property worth $6,000,000.00 by placing a six million dollar lien on it.

So either the lien holder agrees to lift the lien in exchange for part of the payment or the house isn’t sold.
Thanks! And that’s why the news story said the house may never be sold. If the bank walked away from the loan there’s a decent chance that a Buyer could work something out w/other lien holders and get the house for a good price. The appraiser thinks it would sell at $360,000. You can’t find a house that size for less than $400K and it would be run down and not in a good neighborhood. I would think some family with lots of kids might be tempted to buy it if it meant more room, a safer neighborhood and better schools. Most probably still wouldn’t be interested but it would only take one Buyer.

Than

Thanks! And that’s why the news story said the house may never be sold. If the bank walked away from the loan there’s a decent chance that a Buyer could work something out w/other lien holders and get the house for a good price. The appraiser thinks it would sell at $360,000. You can’t find a house that size for less than $400K and it would be run down and not in a good neighborhood. I would think some family with lots of kids might be tempted to buy it if it meant more room, a safer neighborhood and better schools. Most probably still wouldn’t be interested but it would only take one Buyer.

The house itself is an innocent victim of sorts, just one more thing CW stole the living breath out of.

Perhaps there's a special family out there, with a courageous spirit, who will see it as a TRIBUTE to Shan'Ann and her babies to bring new life into that empty home. Fill it once again with joy and laughter... as a sign to the neighborhood and the world that a different good can rise from ashes....

The rot isn't in those walls. It's sitting in jail.

JMO

Last edited:

In Australia we have a no proceeds of crime law. No book deals, no assets, no insurance, nothing but hopefully life in prison. We like it that way.

Hope someone sends this to CW's mother. Should be cued up to the right time, but if not, go to 51:17

Thanks for posting the timestamp. I hope we can believe him. I didn't see it live, but I would have asked about "post conviction relief" which some are mentioning as a possibility and I don't have any legal background to analyze that.

Thanks for posting the timestamp. I hope we can believe him. I didn't see it live, but I would have asked about "post conviction relief" which some are mentioning as a possibility and I don't have any legal background to analyze that.
Actually, it's of no concern if CW files a 35(c) motion seeking post-conviction relief because he's already misguided by his stated belief that he has to file within 3 years (does not apply to Class 1 felony), and he only gets one bite at the 35(c) apple.

A judge from the same court that convicted and sentenced CW has full discretion over whether to grant the motion, and CW's request will be denied.

CW's admission and plea were both a matter of law and a matter of fact. He doesn't get a do-over now or ever. There was no ineffective assistance of counsel or prosecutorial misconduct.

CW has more days, months, and years than he has options so let him pound salt until he's exhausted.
^^bbm

It's never going to happen. Let CW file the motion so it can be denied and he can crawl back under his rock. (CW only gets one shot to file 35(c) motion).

And who could forget Cindy writing a letter to the Judge -- of course she thinks she's above the law and/or that rules,-- legal or otherwise, don't apply to her and her little boy.

Last edited:
I don’t think they can do that unless the bank and other lien holders agree. It’s still an asset, just not one anyone is willing to pay for.

Plus, some immediate neighbors don’t want it torn down. That complicates things too.

It may very well be demolished eventually, but even that would take more effort than anyone seems to be interested in taking right now.

After all this time, I think it's too bad that the lender never as much budged to build some goodwill in the neighborhood by accepting $1 to release the mortgage lien and offering another family a fair deal where they would also agree to reface the residence prior to taking possession as owner-occupants (allowing other lien holders to negotiate their lien releases with real equity to work with).

Ultimately, the neighborhood really wants a new family to join them and not an empty space between two existing homes. I think the lot sizes on the street are deceiving when you build massive box homes on a postage stamp. I also could not blame the adjacent property owners for not wanting a mini-park or garden between them as another constant reminder. MOO

After all this time, I think it's too bad that the lender never as much budged to build some goodwill in the neighborhood by accepting $1 to release the mortgage lien and offering another family a fair deal where they would also agree to reface the residence prior to taking possession as owner-occupants (allowing other lien holders to negotiate their lien releases with real equity to work with).

Ultimately, the neighborhood really wants a new family to join them and not an empty space between two existing homes. I think the lot sizes on the street are deceiving when you build massive box homes on a postage stamp. I also could not blame the adjacent property owners for not wanting a mini-park or garden between them as another constant reminder. MOO
Exactly my thoughts. On all of it!

Plus, I’m sure Shan’ann would want another family to call it home. And she’d be overjoyed if it was a deserving family that couldn’t ordinarily afford a house like that in a safe neighborhood with good schools. She loved that house and until that last summer it was a happy home filled with laughter.

That a##hole CW has done enough damage, he shouldn’t get to destroy a house and ruin a street too. A park would be a permanent creepy reminder, not to mention traffic from people who would want to come see it. If the house is lived in and loved again it’s a win for Good imo. And as one neighbor said, the quickest way for the neighborhood to heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member