CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again with me being slow, but I don’t get this. You mean if my husband murdered me, and went to prison, he still gets half the insurance? So his half goes to his parents? I thought murder disqualifies you from profit? So he’d be disqualified and it would all go the the wife’s family?

You are not being slow @Sheila Terranova! Actually, the issue was more complicated because this wasn't just ordinary life insurance but an accidental life group benefit where the employee CW was the insured, and by an endorsement, SW, BW, and CcW were covered persons.

RW and CyW came into the fold to file a claim because SW died without a will, and the Watts's filed claims as beneficiaries to CW based on a legal, technicality.

I believe the competing issues at play here are best explained in the Complaint for Interpleader Declaratory Relief filed by the Insurer (Zurich) in the US District Court for the District of Colorado.

For the group benefit, legally, CW was the insured and named SW 100% beneficiary of his policy, and by the terms of the group policy, employee CW was 100% beneficiary of the covered persons.

Previously, CW waived any interest in any insurance benefits to SW's estate (by order filed with probate court).

As for the Slayer Statute, it prohibits killers from the wrongful acquisition of property. The complaint by Zurich further cited that the statute makes reference to the governing instrument (i.e., Will) whereby it was learned that SW died without a Will.

In its complaint, Zurich Insurance told the court that it was obligated to pay benefits totaling $450,000 pursuant to covered person endorsements but also asked the court to decide which party to pay after they received two competing claims: FR filed a claim on behalf of the estate of SW, and RW/CyW filed claims as CW's beneficiaries.

Zurich also asked the court to decide if CW could legally direct his beneficiary interest to SW's estate without violating the Slayer statute and/or taking wrongful acquisition of the property which is prohibited by the statute.

In the end, the court did not have to decide after the claimants came up with a private agreement for the proceeds, and promised to release Zurich from its obligation if they deposited the proceeds with the court for disbursement by FR's attorneys. (In addition to the claim first filed by SW's estate, FR and SR also later filed claims for the benefits).

US District Court - District of Colorado

Last edited:
Evidently, the specifics of the the personal agreement for the life insurance policy have been made public but I haven't figured out how to link MSM yet. Can someone link it if it is an approved MSM source? (OK Magazine)

Exactly my thoughts. On all of it!

Plus, I’m sure Shan’ann would want another family to call it home. And she’d be overjoyed if it was a deserving family that couldn’t ordinarily afford a house like that in a safe neighborhood with good schools. She loved that house and until that last summer it was a happy home filled with laughter.

That a##hole CW has done enough damage, he shouldn’t get to destroy a house and ruin a street too. A park would be a permanent creepy reminder, not to mention traffic from people who would want to come see it. If the house is lived in and loved again it’s a win for Good imo. And as one neighbor said, the quickest way for the neighborhood to heal.
That would be lovely - to have a new family get a home (they should change the address if at all possible) IMO

Evidently, the specifics of the the personal agreement for the life insurance policy have been made public but I haven't figured out how to link MSM yet. Can someone link it if it is an approved MSM source? (OK Magazine)

I don't believe the magazine referenced is a WS approved MSM source.

Nonetheless, the civil court docs are available at the Colorado court site linked above in my earlier post (excluding the settlement agreement).

Also, the technicality under which Watts petitioned Zurich for payment can be read at the Scribd document link below. More specifically - see paragraphs 40 & 41 of the Complaint.

Since both parties R & W told the court that they wanted their settlement agreement private and/or shielded from the public because of past and future threats of harm each has received, I believe any published claims from an unnamed source citing the content of the agreement are not credible. MOO

https://www.scribd.com/document/483...nan-Watts-RONNIE-WATTS-CINDY-WATTS#from_embed

Last edited:
Is Colorado one of the states where the realtor has to disclose to a potential buyer that a murder has taken place in the home?
No. The opposite. A Realtor is required NOT to disclose a “stigmitized” property if the Seller tells them not too. IMO a good agent will encourage the Seller to disclose though as it’s very likely the buyer is going to find out and pull out before closing.

No. The opposite. A Realtor is required NOT to disclose a “stigmitized” property if the Seller tells them not too. IMO a good agent will encourage the Seller to disclose though as it’s very likely the buyer is going to find out and pull out before closing.

Wow, I'm surprised by your answer. If it were me, I'd want to know.

And, hopefully someone would give me a heads up about it.

jmo

Wow, I'm surprised by your answer. If it were me, I'd want to know.

And, hopefully someone would give me a heads up about it.

jmo
I recall similar discussions about realtor disclosure and murder in the home and many cited that this is also why you have both a buyer's agent and seller's agent.

Under these circumstances, I believe that your own agent would probably give you a heads up.

Does anyone remember when Watts learned the gender of the fetus, Nico?
SW got the results of the test on Wednesday night the 8th? And gave it to NUA to keep so she wouldn't open it?
Then the (next day?) NUA told her it was a boy.

But did we ever see any texts, or account of when Shanann told CW?

SW got the results of the test on Wednesday night the 8th? And gave it to NUA to keep so she wouldn't open it?

Hmmm. I believe in between SW receiving the test result and giving them to NUA, the gender reveal party was canceled because CW was being distant, non-committal, etc.

I also recall the live FB announcement where CW learned SW was pregnant and SW had to tell him twice that "pink" was the test strip and not the gender result (i.e., assumed girl). It just continued to go downhill from that moment....

I think SW may have told CW on Friday before leaving on the AZ trip but the answer is probably in SW's texts to NUA between Weds - Friday.

MOO

ETA: CNN reports the gender reveal party was supposed to be on Saturday but SW and the girls were murdered on Monday or 5 days prior. Was this the rescheduled party before the weekend away with just SW and CW?

Shanann Watts was to have a 'gender reveal' party Saturday - CNN

Last edited:
Hmmm. I believe in between SW receiving the test result and giving them to NUA, the gender reveal party was canceled because CW was being distant, non-committal, etc.

I also recall the live FB announcement where CW learned SW was pregnant and SW had to tell him twice that "pink" was the test strip and not the gender result (i.e., assumed girl). It just continued to go downhill from that moment....

I think SW may have told CW on Friday before leaving on the AZ trip but the answer is probably in SW's texts to NUA between Weds - Friday.

MOO

ETA: CNN reports the gender reveal party was supposed to be on Saturday but SW and the girls were murdered on Monday or 5 days prior. Was this the rescheduled party before the weekend away with just SW and CW?

Shanann Watts was to have a 'gender reveal' party Saturday - CNN
I've always assumed that NK knew about the pregnancy the whole time, due to Shanann's FB site. It boggles my mind to think that a 30 year old mistress, well accustomed to social media, with plenty of previous relationships, would not have been following all of SW's posts. She had no qualms about poking around in SW's house.

Some also assumed that he tried to kill Niko with OXY, so that SW would not have a boy, but no one knew the gender then, around 31 July.

I was watching a replay of CW's interview with Coder, the first of the interviews. Coder asks him if SW is pregnant. CW says yes, then would not tell Coder if it was a boy or girl. He said something like "we haven't told anyone yet".

This is no big mystery, I still believe that everything came to a head on the night of 11 Aug, when, IMO, NK gave him an ultimatum: it's them or me. (not to imply she said "kill them", because I don't think that's true, JMO).

But I got to thinking "when" CW found out that it was a boy, and that NK would really be upset, wanting to have a "first" and all that. Which also could account for her rapidly deleting her texts with him on Monday.

Now I'm starting to think that he told her Saturday night that it was a boy, and the s*it hit the fan. They went to 2 different restaurants, they had a discussion outdoors, he whipped out the credit card for the 1st time (maybe to calm her down), and he was late getting back home for the babysitter. IIRC NK said they went back to her apartment after dinner, probably getting it on while the babysitter waited. Then, the 111 minute discussion on Sunday night, which neither of them have answered questions about.

So it really doesn't matter, I just realized that I don't recall seeing texts from SW that she told him about the gender. Or that NAU told him.

I think you're correct about the gender reveal, and the trip being the next weekend after he murdered the family. Or maybe the trip was the following weekend after the reveal, I don't remember that detail.

I don't think we know for a fact when CW first learned they were having a boy but definitely prior to Aug 10.

Pg 1915 of the PDF, Discovery pg 2110:

August 10, 2018 -

0620 hours: missing from Watts'phone, but found in Shanann's, she told Watts, "Good morning, honey! Sorry to make you wake up early twice today. I didn't want alarm going off. We are checked in and everything, It’s already a mad house here today! Enjoy the girls! Don't forget King Soopers 10-11. I told Bella I was leaving for work with Nicki and assured her that I was always coming home. They usually don't eat right away, lately. Give them lots of kisses for me. Thank you for everything last night. I miss and love you so much! I am still in shock we are having a little boy! l'm so excited and happy! I really thought it was another girl. Thank you for letting me hold you this morning, it felt good! ! Your letter is on the counter. Have a great time with kiddos. They truly missed you. Love you baby send me pics."

[…]

0751 hours: JL, apparently knowing the Watts' were having a boy, congratulated Watts, "Little man is a lucky boy !!" Watts thanked JL and asked what time the birthday party was on Sunday (August 12,2018); JL said 1pm.

August 11, 2018 -

0945 hours: although not found in Watts' phone, Shanann asked him "have you talked to Bella about if we have a boy?" Watts said not yet and added, "She said when the baby comes out she will pretend it's a girl." Shanann indicated she was laughing and said "OMG I love her."

:(:(:(

I don't think we know for a fact when CW first learned they were having a boy but definitely prior to Aug 10.

Pg 1915 of the PDF, Discovery pg 2110:

August 10, 2018 -

0620 hours: missing from Watts'phone, but found in Shanann's, she told Watts, "Good morning, honey! Sorry to make you wake up early twice today. I didn't want alarm going off. We are checked in and everything, It’s already a mad house here today! Enjoy the girls! Don't forget King Soopers 10-11. I told Bella I was leaving for work with Nicki and assured her that I was always coming home. They usually don't eat right away, lately. Give them lots of kisses for me. Thank you for everything last night. I miss and love you so much! I am still in shock we are having a little boy! l'm so excited and happy! I really thought it was another girl. Thank you for letting me hold you this morning, it felt good! ! Your letter is on the counter. Have a great time with kiddos. They truly missed you. Love you baby send me pics."

[…]

0751 hours: JL, apparently knowing the Watts' were having a boy, congratulated Watts, "Little man is a lucky boy !!" Watts thanked JL and asked what time the birthday party was on Sunday (August 12,2018); JL said 1pm.

August 11, 2018 -

0945 hours: although not found in Watts' phone, Shanann asked him "have you talked to Bella about if we have a boy?" Watts said not yet and added, "She said when the baby comes out she will pretend it's a girl." Shanann indicated she was laughing and said "OMG I love her."

:(:(:(
Thanks Pommy. I can't believe you could find that.

Poor Chris...:mad::mad::mad:

Chris Watts 'dreading' holidays, will spend in protective custody, according to reports

People reported that Watts will spend Christmas and the New Year in protective custody in a Wisconsin prison.

"He doesn't like talking about his life before prison but he has said that he used to be a huge fan of Christmas: decorating the house, spending time with family," according to an unnamed source who speaks with him regularly in prison, the magazine said. "And he knows 100% that it'll never happen again, and that it's his own fault. He's in a hell of his own making.

"The prison has a 'Christmas dinner,' but it's basically bland turkey and potatoes," the jail source added. "It's not exactly the feast you'd imagine for Christmas. In a sense, that's more depressing, because it reminds the inmates that it's Christmas and that they're getting an inferior copy of the holiday.

While in prison, Watts has communicated with several women, People reported in October. He also reportedly has photos of his family hanging on his cell wall.

"He'll write his penpals this season, and they're sending him notes, as well," a source told People. "It's literally all he can do at this point. He hates the holidays."

Source:
Chris Watts 'dreading' holidays, will spend in protective custody, according to reports

At least he is able to eat... His family isn't because he murdered them. Merry Christmas in heaven Shanann, Bella, Cece, and Niko! You are not forgotten and loved by many!

Poor Chris...:mad::mad::mad:

People reported that Watts will spend Christmas and the New Year in protective custody in a Wisconsin prison.

"He doesn't like talking about his life before prison but he has said that he used to be a huge fan of Christmas: decorating the house, spending time with family," according to an unnamed source who speaks with him regularly in prison, the magazine said. "And he knows 100% that it'll never happen again, and that it's his own fault. He's in a hell of his own making.

"The prison has a 'Christmas dinner,' but it's basically bland turkey and potatoes," the jail source added. "It's not exactly the feast you'd imagine for Christmas. In a sense, that's more depressing, because it reminds the inmates that it's Christmas and that they're getting an inferior copy of the holiday.

While in prison, Watts has communicated with several women, People reported in October. He also reportedly has photos of his family hanging on his cell wall.

"He'll write his penpals this season, and they're sending him notes, as well," a source told People. "It's literally all he can do at this point. He hates the holidays."

Source:

At least he is able to eat... His family isn't because he murdered them. Merry Christmas in heaven Shanann, Bella, Cece, and Niko! You are not forgotten and loved by many!

Where else would he spend Christmas other than “protective custody?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member