Identified! FL - Sarasota Co., WhtFem 426UFFL, 30-45, breast implants, Feb'07 - Jeana Burrus *husband POI*

According to the article posted by @PayrollNerd back in 2014:

“We had some early indications in our isotopic studies that she was here for a recent amount of time and maybe came from another area,” said Miller, “but we’re going to let the University of South Florida finish making the analysis before we make any definite statements.”

Results from an isotopic tests still haven't been released by Sarasota County Sheriff's Office.
6 years ago??? Why? What's taking so long?
That’s what I was wondering too. I couldn’t find any update beyond 2014. FDLE has its own genetic genealogy team now. It would be cool if this lady was on their list. This is the only UID in Sarasota County and she has 29 ruleouts!

Last edited:
I am not sure if what is referred to in the 2014 article as FBI database is the same thing as CODIS / familial DNA. I would think if they had a hit, we would have heard something by now.

The FBI database is probably CODIS. The DNA is probably in UNT/ NamUs too

@Roselvr do you know if CODIS only mtDNA or full typing? There was a super post a few months ago that explained it all (including why cases will often say DNA is available but then we find they haven't been compared because it's different types of data). But of course I can't find it!

@Roselvr do you know if CODIS only mtDNA or full typing? There was a super post a few months ago that explained it all (including why cases will often say DNA is available but then we find they haven't been compared because it's different types of data). But of course I can't find it!

I'll copy and past what I'm reading. It's nothing I have experience with. It says STR DNA then mentions LOCI; also mtDNA and in some cases Y-DNA

Link CODIS and NDIS Fact Sheet | Federal Bureau of Investigation

DNA Data Requirements
17. What DNA data is accepted at NDIS?
Currently, DNA data generated through PCR Short Tandem Repeat (STR) technology, Y chromosome STR (Y STR) technology, and Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) technology are accepted at NDIS.

Y STR and mtDNA data are only searched with the missing person-related indexes.

The National DNA Index no longer searches DNA data developed using restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) technology.

18. Are there specific data requirements for the DNA records submitted to NDIS?
Yes. There are several requirements for the DNA data submitted to NDIS:

1. The DNA data must be generated in accordance with the FBI Director’s Quality Assurance Standards;
  2. The DNA data must be generated by a laboratory that is accredited by an approved accrediting agency;
  3. The DNA data must be generated by a laboratory that undergoes an external audit every two years to demonstrate compliance with the FBI Director’s Quality Assurance Standards;
  4. The DNA data must be one of the categories of data acceptable at NDIS, such as convicted offender, arrestee, detainee, legal, forensic (casework), unidentified human remains, missing person, or a relative of missing person;
  5. The DNA data must meet minimum CODIS Core Loci requirements for the specimen category;
  6. The DNA PCR data must be generated using PCR accepted kits; and
  7. Participating laboratories must have and follow expungement procedures in accordance with federal law.

19. What are the CODIS core loci?
Effective January 1, 2017, the CODIS Core Loci include the following 20 loci:

• CSF1PO
  • FGA
  • THO1
  • TPOX
  • VWA
  • D3S1358
  • D5S818
  • D7S820
  • D8S1179
  • D13S317
  • D16S539
  • D18S51
  • D21S11
  • D1S1656
  • D2S441
  • D2S1338
  • D10S1248
  • D12S391
  • D19S433
  • D22S1045
The Original CODIS Core Loci, required from October 1998 until December 31, 2016, included the following 13 loci:

• CSF1PO
  • FGA
  • THO1
  • TPOX
  • VWA
  • D3S1358
  • D5S818
  • D7S820
  • D8S1179
  • D13S317
  • D16S539
  • D18S51
  • D21S11
20. What are the minimum loci requirements for the STR DNA data submitted to NDIS?
The minimum CODIS Core Loci required for submission of DNA data to NDIS vary by specimen category. Generally, the CODIS Core Loci are required for submission of convicted offender, arrestee, detainee, and legal profiles. The CODIS Core Loci and Amelogenin are required for relatives of missing person profiles.

All CODIS Core Loci must be attempted for other specimen categories with the following limited exceptions:

• For forensic DNA profiles, all CODIS Core Loci must be attempted but at least 8 of the original CODIS Core Loci combined with a match rarity of at least one in ten million are required for submission to and searching at NDIS.
  • For Missing Person and Unidentified Human Remains, all CODIS Core Loci must be attempted.
21. What are the requirements for submission of mtDNA data to NDIS?
Hypervariable region I (“HV1”; positions 16024-16365) and hypervariable region II (“HV2”; positions 73-340) are required for the submission of mtDNA data to NDIS.

I wrote to the Medical Examiner last night asking “Could you tell me if any attempt has been made to run familial DNA on her?” Their very brief response today was:
Yes, the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is having that done.

Thank you.

David Winterhalter, F-ABMDI
Director of Operations
District 12 Medical Examiner Office
2001 Siesta Drive, Suite 302
Sarasota, FL. 34239
(941) 361-6909
Fax: (941) 361-6914

I don’t know if my call to the detective inspired this but I’m glad someone is looking into it. My response today in part was: “ If you need any assistance with funding the testing I’d be willing to try to help. Take care!”
We’ll see what happens.

New rule out added today - Sherry Milton Missing from Birmingham AL in 2005. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Currently 30 rule outs.

Namus page last updated October 3, 2019.
29 Missing Persons Ruled Out
MP4166 Sherry Milton 08/15/2005 Jefferson AL
MP7377 Karen Heim 12/25/2005 Tulsa OK
MP11115 Brandy Hall 08/17/2006 Brevard FL
MP7112 Tamara Toy 04/24/2006 Manatee FL
MP5353 Lurline Bergeron 07/01/1991 Palm Beach FL
MP21515 Juanita Oxenrider 11/14/1976 Anne Arundel MD
MP4304 Rachel Yates 06/10/2006 Volusia FL
MP806 Danielle Imbo 02/19/2005 Philadelphia PA
MP10706 Kimberly Harley 01/23/2004 St. Johns FL
MP402 Jodi Huisentruit 06/26/1995 Cerro Gordo IA
MP7995 Paula Waid 03/16/1991 Pasco FL
MP9202 Tammy Walker 10/13/2006 Pasco FL
MP1727 Sonya Bradley 10/11/2002 Lyon KY
--Ylenia Carrisi----LA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP1100 Hazel Klug 05/20/1986 Henrico VA
MP7584 Parley Pate 02/09/1993 Wake NC
MP170 Jennifer Casper-Ross 05/05/2005 Washoe NV
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP6853 Sheila Main 08/17/2006 Wood OH
MP2328 Traci Kegley 04/26/1998 Elmore AL
MP7616 Charlene Villinger 09/04/1989 Virginia Beach VA
MP8174 Carmen Hetrick 06/02/1984 El Paso CO
MP8495 Gail Russel 09/04/1995 Pasco FL
MP5409 Bonnie Kelly 07/09/2003 Kane IL
--Danielle Day----NJ
--Jeannine Erwin----OH
MP7570 Angela Bates 11/13/2006 Grady OK
MP490 Tina D'Ambrosio 06/11/1996 Maricopa AZ

Looks like they updated something, but it wasn't the rule out list. It's still 29, since one of them is a double post.

I grew up within walking distance of the discovery location and had only recently moved away for college when she was found.

I know that particular area well because I was sent on many a family business errand to the document shredding company in the adjacent complex, though the last time I was there was three years ago.

I’m happy to try to answer any questions about the area or brainstorm with the other locals about this case.

In the meantime, I’ve tried to look up some of my former high school classmates; there were a few kids from eastern bloc families that had chain migrated and a few lived in the subdivisions off of McIntosh between Clark and Proctor. For some time, I’ve thought she bears a resemblance to a few of these kids.

I will say that this area wouldn’t be the part of town I’d associate with the seedier elements of Sarasota. It’s mostly auto repair, small businesses, churches, and schools (public and private), and is a good bit from the interstate (though everything in Sarasota is a stone’s throw from I-75).

I grew up within walking distance of the discovery location and had only recently moved away for college when she was found.

I know that particular area well because I was sent on many a family business errand to the document shredding company in the adjacent complex, though the last time I was there was three years ago.

I’m happy to try to answer any questions about the area or brainstorm with the other locals about this case.

In the meantime, I’ve tried to look up some of my former high school classmates; there were a few kids from eastern bloc families that had chain migrated and a few lived in the subdivisions off of McIntosh between Clark and Proctor. For some time, I’ve thought she bears a resemblance to a few of these kids.

I will say that this area wouldn’t be the part of town I’d associate with the seedier elements of Sarasota. It’s mostly auto repair, small businesses, churches, and schools (public and private), and is a good bit from the interstate (though everything in Sarasota is a stone’s throw from I-75).
I get the feeling this is a local lady. That is not and I don't believe would be an area just anyone, especially someone like say, a truck driver, would know about.

I lived within a few miles of Ashton Court from 2008-2015. I agree with your description that it is not a high crime area. Riverview High School is nearby and one of the top schools in the state. Lots of people move to that area for that school. Sarasota Middle School is right there by Ashton Ct too. There is a post office nearby, a lot of single family homes that are probably from the 1960s, a number of small apartment complexes and a few big apartment complexes. Lots of new growth in the last 20 years.

I get the feeling this is a local lady. That is not and I don't believe would be an area just anyone, especially someone like say, a truck driver, would know about.

I lived within a few miles of Ashton Court from 2008-2015. I agree with your description that it is not a high crime area. Riverview High School is nearby and one of the top schools in the state. Lots of people move to that area for that school. Sarasota Middle School is right there by Ashton Ct too. There is a post office nearby, a lot of single family homes that are probably from the 1960s, a number of small apartment complexes and a few big apartment complexes. Lots of new growth in the last 20 years.

Totally agree on the local thing. And you nailed it; I'm a Riverview alum and my next door neighbors owned a manufacturing shop on the Clark side. I didn't participate in the reddit convo a few months ago about her, but also concur with what was said there about the area.

It's just such an odd location for a body, considering you could hop on Proctor out to the dump or zip over to Myakka. If she really was there for 7-10 months, I can't believe someone didn't follow a scent trail. Kids from Sarasota Middle and the tiny Montessori school that was tucked right up in there were always running back and forth through that area.

I also can't imagine she died too far from where she was buried. She's shoeless, but her ponytail is intact. Either she lived rather close or someone from the auto body shops or Cemex plant knows something.

I was trying to think of anything else that rang a "sketch" bell in that area, but I end up heading closer to Stickney Pt. Behind the Dairy Queen got a little rough, as did the bars behind Gulf Gate. Her clothes just aren't giving me a Thirsty Turtle kind of vibe. I can't shake the feeling that she looks just like this Polish family we knew peripherally that lived up off Sawyer.

I'll make some phone calls about the implants, as I don't think that procedure is as rare as Doe Network is making it out to be (though certainly more expensive). I knew most of the plastics people in town through my family and because I went to school with their kids.

I didn't catch that - I didn't see Sherry Milton was already on the list before. Well at least they are still keeping the UID's somewhat active.

You're right chaddylex...They are still actively pursuing her identity.:)

Looks like this is a new rule-out.

Phyllis Ellen Llewellen
Kelso, Washington
DLC: December 27, 1996
5' 5"-5' 6"
115-120 lbs
Red/Auburn Hair
Green Eyes (Her eyes were considered a blue/green color)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

PS...I didn't see this lady before, when searching for possible matches. What do you think?
Cecilia Najeway, 41
Akron, Ohio
DLC: July 1, 2004
5' 6" 100 lbs
Brown hair, blue eyes
*Looks like a healed fractured/broken nose
sarasota jane doe.jpg MPCeciliaNajeway.jpg

Last edited:

Phyllis Ellen Llewellen
Kelso, Washington
5' 5"-5' 6"
115-120 lbs
Red/Auburn Hair

PS...I didn't see this lady before, when searching for possible matches. What do you think?
Cecilia Najeway, 41
Akron, Ohio
5' 6" 100 lbs
Brown hair, blue eyes
View attachment 274444 View attachment 274445
Najeway looks promising. I can find someone connected to her that has an associated residence in Fort Meyers.

Phyllis Ellen Llewellen
Kelso, Washington
5' 5"-5' 6"
115-120 lbs
Red/Auburn Hair

Cecilia Najeway, 41
Akron, Ohio
5' 6" 100 lbs
Brown hair, blue eyes
She does resemble the sketch quite well. I found this old post on her.

Najeway,Cecelia Marie missing June 27,2004

Medical Conditions: Najeway was depressed at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance

Najeway was last seen at her residence in the 600 block of Roslyn Avenue in Akron, Ohio on June 27, 2004. She has never been heard from again and few details are available in her case. Najeway may be staying at a shelter in Akron or in Chicago, Illinois. Her case remains unsolved.

Phyllis Ellen Llewellen
Kelso, Washington
5' 5"-5' 6"
115-120 lbs
Red/Auburn Hair

Cecilia Najeway, 41
Akron, Ohio
5' 6" 100 lbs
Brown hair, blue eyes
Wow, that has to be her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online