Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to all our new members who have joined to discuss Alexis' case.

This is a link to Websleuths' TOS (aka The Rules). The two main threads for new members to familiarize themselves with are the ones titled "Etiquette & Information" and "Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc".

The ONLY social media accounts that can be discussed are those belonging to the victim and/or a POI/suspect who has been officially named by law enforcement. No comments by others are allowed for discussion (i.e. you can only discuss what Alexis has posted, not what others have responded with).

The social media of family and friends is totally off limits. Do not link to them and do not discuss the content from them.

If you have a question about any of our rules, please private message a Moderator or Administrator and we will clarify for you.

Thanks.

I’m wondering maybe accidental drug overdose. I’ve heard where people will start taking their clothes off, Maybe her clothes are found nearby. Police aren’t gonna release all info. or Accidental drug overdose and with an acquaintance who got scared, took off her clothes for DNA purposes. Hide evidence etc. I would think if w a friend they would cover her up. If a spouse they’d probably bury her. my thinking drug od because they said no obvious injury.

I know we've discussed ring cameras on other cases here. In quite some detail too.
They're usually on the door but I'm not sure if they're on both back and front doors, or just front.
Usually ring cameras are just on the front door. I posted earlier on this thread I found that very striking that TS reportedly told friends she hopped the back fence rather than exit by the front door (where there is reportedly a ring camera via the Sun article).

As others have noted earlier in the thread, there have been other cases discussed on WS where it was (often falsely) claimed a missing person suddenly left via a back or side door - or an unknown car with unknown persons.

I too would be interested to know the set up of their back fence versus front door with regard to the street where a car would pull up. We believe it may have been raining and either way it could help us visualize the situation.

Well, where are her clothes, her shoes, her phone, her purse, etc?

Was she actually found completely naked? Her clothes have to be somewhere. Any signs on her feet that she walked there barefoot? I’m guessing the answer would be no, but still.

I’m inclined to believe that the family might have been told something that we don’t know by LE, and that’s why they are so vocal about foul play. They are also very smart about not accusing anyone or even hinting at anyone.

The lack of emotion from mom doesn’t even surprise me, the poor lady is probably super focused on finding out who did this to her daughter and that’s why she’s keeping it together.

Was she actually found completely naked? Her clothes have to be somewhere. Any signs on her feet that she walked there barefoot? I’m guessing the answer would be no, but still.

I’m inclined to believe that the family might have been told something that we don’t know by LE, and that’s why they are so vocal about foul play. They are also very smart about not accusing anyone or even hinting at anyone.

The lack of emotion from mom doesn’t even surprise me, the poor lady is probably super focused on finding out who did this to her daughter and that’s why she’s keeping it together.
According to LE, she was completely naked and there was no sign she walked there.
Alexis Sharkey death investigation: Here's what we know | khou.com

No mention of finding any clothes or items nearby.

No matter COD, all indications from LE are that she was dumped there. That’s why I think the family feels confident indicating there was foul play. Plus they have said they have no reason to believe it is an accident which I suspect is based on their knowledge of their daughter’s history and their wanting a thorough investigation that leaves no stone unturned. They are good advocates for a thorough investigation in my opinion, while being responsible not to spread any particular theory before hearing it from LE.

This is a confusing one. I don’t want to automatically place blame on the husband, just because he’s a big dude and her friends have said some less than nice things about him. Her friends also look a bit shady, but that could be the whole MLM personalities shining through.

As for the “Influencer” status, I think I can understand why her family doesn’t want people to remember her for that. I have been a fairly popular influencer (I hate that word) for a few years now, and what I use social media for is a whole different model than what she was doing. The only “work” I do is try out and promote the products that I’m sent, and try to hype up different brands to my followers. It’s a hobby for me, and sure I make some money from it, but that’s not why I do it. My friends on the other hand who belong to MLMs (as much as I may not agree with them) use their whole social media footprint for marketing their specific product/company, especially if it’s their main source of income. I can definitely understand why her family wants her to be known as an intelligent businesswoman, because that’s what she was...and she seemed to be pretty darn good at it!

Sorry for my tangent, I just thought it might help a bit with the influencer conversation. I hope they are on the right track to finding out what exactly happened to her. What a bright light she seemed to be... such a loss that someone so intelligent, beautiful & with a lust for life was taken too soon.
This reminds me of what “ the friends “ said in the HB case at his time last year. We should all keep that in mind. Imo ,Jmo

RSBM

Good question. I suspect by now, they've all been disposed of.
There are only 2 scenarios that make sense to me based on what we know (maybe others have thought of more?)

1. She was undressed after death to hide any evidence of the person/location (hair, fibers, dirt, etc. - people wrongly assume they know what they're doing since they've all seen CSI) she was at, at the time of death - then dumped on the side of the road. Clothes and personal affects dumped elsewhere, afterward.

2. She was undressed at the time of death, and whoever she was with panicked and dumped her on the side of the road, then went back and gathered her things and disposed of them elsewhere.

Considering "awareness space" (the geo location most familiar to the perp, roads, landmarks, routes to and from work, etc.) I suspect it's likely that not only her body, but all her clothes, purse, phone, etc., were all dumped in a fairly close location to where the perp lives/works.

Of course I could be way off, but this does seem to play out this way in many, many cases.

jmo

Following this case to see what happens. The fact she was found nude, dead, under some bushes, off an interstate road, is, to me, a clear indication of foul play.

She certainly didn't crawl under there on her own, nude, and die, so at the very least someone got her to that spot and then left. Taking someone's body, even if they died of accidental or natural causes, and dumping that body, is illegal, so a crime was committed one way or another.

Following this case to see what happens. The fact she was found nude, dead, under some bushes, off an interstate road, is, to me, a clear indication of foul play.

She certainly didn't crawl under there on her own, nude, and die, so at the very least someone got her to that spot and then left. Taking someone's body, even if they died of accidental or natural causes, and dumping that body, is illegal, so a crime was committed one way or another.
Yes, this was foul play... MOO

Someone in that area surely had ring cameras. I’m thinking they will be able to solve this one sooner then later. The cameras will be very helpful in solving this one imo. I know from personal experience that LE are utilizing ring cam footage. We’ve had one less then 6 months, we’ve had LE at our door twice asking to view our footage , we are in a small city not much goes on. So having them show up was crazy, anyway I’m glad of the advances we have these days .

It’s been a long time since I lived in an apartment. Are tenants allowed to install ring cameras? Or are they provided by the building owner and standard on all units?

This reminds me of what “ the friends “ said in the HB case at his time last year. We should all keep that in mind. Imo ,Jmo
Yes, thanks for the reminder.
I, for one, first thought that also, as most of us do, only to be proved wrong.
I am having a hard time shaking off the same thought about AS case though.
JMO

I’m confident HPD will solve this. If they haven’t already. We just don’t know it. I’m going w accidental OD followed by abuse of human remains by throwing her out like trash. Also thinking acquaintance. Not family. Not close friend. But just guessing like everyone else.

I am unfamiliar with a ring camera. How do they work? Do you have to ring the bell before they operate or is it worked on sensor? I'm confused how they would help in this case, unless she stood right in front of the camera. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288