CT CT - Barbara Hamburg, 48, Madison, 3 Mar 2010

Same, but I wouldn't have been caught dead getting out of my vehicle like that and walking into a coffee shop. A drive-through, yes. Walking inside? No.
Actually I see it all the time in Dunks. Pajama bottoms with uggs or flip flops on kids and parents - not just before school but on the weekend mornings too. Not a big deal to some and I would guess not a big deal on the CT shore - it is not for me, but i do go with leggings and uggs so not much different

Actually I see it all the time in Dunks. Pajama bottoms with uggs or flip flops on kids and parents - not just before school but on the weekend mornings too. Not a big deal to some and I would guess not a big deal on the CT shore - it is not for me, but i do go with leggings and uggs so not much different

True. I'm thinking more about myself and how terrible I look with no makeup and that I likely would not be wearing a bra lol.

Into the first 15 min of the 4th & final episode.
HOLY COW!

Oh, didn't realize it was on tonight! I know what I'm watching in bed!

Hoping that after they go through the 1600 pages of police records & compare against the evidence they found there's an answer on the horizon....an answer that would provide a conviction. My heart goes out to the family...not knowing would be such a burden.

My thoughts on who done it have changed after watching the final episode. Maybe in the future there will be an update after someone has gone to trial.

So just finished the series and I have a few thoughts. I read through a lot of the replies and in the beginning there was a lot of doubt about Ali and Conway. After the last episode I don’t think these are possibilities anymore .. Ali was in school @ 754-1045 I think they said and mom spoke to the secretary. I’m very curious of the DNA because of the idea of a hit man. Are they suggesting the DNA is of someone they know (no need to phenotype) already involved in the case (Ali Conway Jeffrey). They also mention the dna tests being poorly handled. Maybe they don’t actually have anything.

after watching the whole show my questions that remain are... how far away is Barbara’s home from the courthouse? The discussion of being told wrong information about the court date ( 9 am VS 2pm) very much seems intended and planned (looking at JH). Combined with a masked individual had walked through her yard the day earlier..perhaps it was a “trial run” for time, maybe it was a failed attempt, but it is not to be overlooked. I don’t believe the attack itself would have taken very long, and perhaps he had planned for things to get messy (ugh god bless her soul) and headed to court on time and before Ali and Conway found her. It would be great to look at this information and see if something like this was possible.

I am hoping that those documents and case files they receive will show a well done proper investigation, and that they haven’t been hiding errors this whole time instead of opening the case and moving forward.

Hoping that after they go through the 1600 pages of police records & compare against the evidence they found there's an answer on the horizon....an answer that would provide a conviction. My heart goes out to the family...not knowing would be such a burden.

My thoughts on who done it have changed after watching the final episode. Maybe in the future there will be an update after someone has gone to trial.

I’m hoping the same, regarding records released, etc. And yeah, my thoughts have also changed.

I can honestly say I am at a complete loss for who.
The only two people I can reasonably rule out is the husband since he was at court and I dont see how he could of cleaned up enough to be there by 9am.
Alli apparently was in school when the murder occurred.

This thing about the court time has me puzzled. Considering she showed up 8am at school in her PJs yo drop off allie seems to support the idea that she thought it was a 2pm hearing. Its unlikely but possible that she was headed home to change then go to court but that seems unlikely.
Heres the what I find weird. She had an attorney. The first thing I would do after being told the time was changed would to be to call him to make sure he was there. I would expect the lawyer to confirm the new time with the court. I don't understand why that did not happen?
I also have a gut feeling that the police have been lying to him about their investigation. I wont be surprised if they are not remotely close to anyone being the killer or have any evidence to supporting it. I think its very possible they are trying to hide a botched investigation. He caught them with their pants down by recording everything. If so I hope he gets a boatload of money.

<modsnip> LE admitted the prime suspects phone was off for 24 hours which rules out the daughter, Ali and the sister, Conway as they were texting back and forth right before they arrived at the crime scene. LE says DNA evidence points to the prime suspect, likely husbands DNA but since he is a family member they need more proof, his DNA isn’t enough. <modsnip> Husbands secret life in the Middle East, shady dealings with money laundering and organized crime are a factor, he may have had experience and understanding of how to plan a murder. Tough case to solve but no other logical suspects remain, crime scene not indicative of a robbery, stranger or intruder type murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they can ask for the CT Attorney General's Office to take over the case since there is NOTHING happening at the local level. There's a case in Texas (Tom Brown) with the case moving from the local inexperienced sheriff's office to the Attorney General's office. In Tom's case there's to be a grand jury convened after the first of the year and there's hope it will result in answers for the family.

I remember (2nd episode?) Madison’s dad, Jeff, during a phone conversation saying he thought the police really “dropped the ball” on their investigation. It sure looks that way, AWFUL... but WHY? With Jeff’s approaching anger and not talking in the car with Madison (4th episode last night), that’s very suspicious. But I wonder if he fears something himself? Does he know something, like he just happened to find something out years back? And if it’s something he shouldn’t know about & reveals he indeed does... his life would meet a similar end?
“Whole lotta shakin” going on here. It could be someone we’ve not seen so far. OR could it be yet another family member no one would ever suspect? Believe me, I’m not wanting to incriminate any other family members, as they’ve been thru hell. But one never knows.
Surely Madison will have another series in the future to reveal what those released records contained. Until then... keep “sleuthing” peeps!

Good suggestion about turning the case over to the CT AG.

In the hearing re the FOIA - about releasing the records, when Madison said he had taped the conversations with the detective in his meetings... the look on the detectives face was priceless. If you have nothing to hide, you do not mind being taped - and he clearly minded.

I am struggling with the ski masked guy walking by the window the day before the murder. Barbara was there in the house with her friend - it is daylight - the ski masked person walks by the window and they just continued their conversation ? They do not become startled and look outside, call 911 or try to at least get a picture of the person ? Cellphones had cameras then ! No curiousity ? Why not?

Could it have been a golfer who shanked a ball into her yard from the course? Even a golf course maintenance guy? The oil delivery man etc?
A person out for a walk who decided to explore ? Someone who sepent alot of time outdoors who kept covered due to past skin cancer? Or something more nefarious? I am interested to see the police files on this. Very possible he was the hitman and donned the face mask when he got to her property but we just don't know.
If a hit was put on Barbara by her husband, I hope we are about to see that blown open, between Madison's records, along with the info in the police records they should have something.
If not the husband, I still think Conway may have played a part. She has clearly not moved on, very much seems to struggle with her sobriety and has demons that may come from harboring a dark secret, all the while playing the devoted sister ( who once tried to hire a hitman to kill her sister) .
All just MOO of course -
I cannot wait to see the police files if we ever get access.
Also I had trouble hearing the 911 call - anybody have a transcript from that?

Good suggestion about turning the case over to the CT AG.

In the hearing re the FOIA - about releasing the records, when Madison said he had taped the conversations with the detective in his meetings... the look on the detectives face was priceless. If you have nothing to hide, you do not mind being taped - and he clearly minded.

I am struggling with the ski masked guy walking by the window the day before the murder. Barbara was there in the house with her friend - it is daylight - the ski masked person walks by the window and they just continued their conversation ? They do not become startled and look outside, call 911 or try to at least get a picture of the person ? Cellphones had cameras then ! No curiousity ? Why not?

Could it have been a golfer who shanked a ball into her yard from the course? Even a golf course maintenance guy? The oil delivery man etc?
A person out for a walk who decided to explore ? Someone who sepent alot of time outdoors who kept covered due to past skin cancer? Or something more nefarious? I am interested to see the police files on this. Very possible he was the hitman and donned the face mask when he got to her property but we just don't know.
If a hit was put on Barbara by her husband, I hope we are about to see that blown open, between Madison's records, along with the info in the police records they should have something.
If not the husband, I still think Conway may have played a part. She has clearly not moved on, very much seems to struggle with her sobriety and has demons that may come from harboring a dark secret, all the while playing the devoted sister ( who once tried to hire a hitman to kill her sister) .
All just MOO of course -
I cannot wait to see the police files if we ever get access.
Also I had trouble hearing the 911 call - anybody have a transcript from that?

Agree on all you’ve said here. Yeah, that 911 call.... WHY was it not captioned like other conversations were??? I will say, though... what I did make out sounded like Conway, not Ali. And wasn’t it Conway who said that Ali made the 911 call? AND YEP, that detective was not happy he’d been taped.... big RED FLAG. The investigation’s been bad all along.

So I don’t know the exact address of where barbara was found but going along with my theory I was curious enough to look at a map.

I know Barbara’s house was on middle beach rd in Madison CT backed up to the golf course.. I’m not sure which court house the court session was in but I’m assuming new haven superior court (I did a google search for new haven county family court and that’s what came up). Knowing Ali’s schedule, Jeffrey may have been waiting to strike somewhere in the yard. The court house is a 20-24ish minute ride From their home. It also seems that the high school in madison ct is about 8 minutes away from middle beach road. Yes it would be cutting it close but it’s possible.

I’m just curious if anyone else agrees that the type of crime that was committed (blitz, up close and personal, minimally hidden) would not take much time. I also think it was a choice to simply attack outside- less opportunity for finger prints, hair and dna on surfaces etc. This person had an idea of what they were doing...

I actually work in the building next to the court house in New Haven County. It's in downtown New Haven. She could have dropped off her daughter at school and gotten to New Haven for court if she was dressed and ready for court and went straight there after she dropped off her daughter. I didn't hear which school her daughter went to but if she went to Daniel Hand High school she could have made it. It's be pushing it though. She'd have to park in the parking garage downtown and go through security at the court house too. There is a parking garage attached to the building I work in and that's where a lot of court people park.

So just finished the series and I have a few thoughts. I read through a lot of the replies and in the beginning there was a lot of doubt about Ali and Conway. After the last episode I don’t think these are possibilities anymore .. Ali was in school @ 754-1045 I think they said and mom spoke to the secretary. I’m very curious of the DNA because of the idea of a hit man. Are they suggesting the DNA is of someone they know (no need to phenotype) already involved in the case (Ali Conway Jeffrey). They also mention the dna tests being poorly handled. Maybe they don’t actually have anything.

after watching the whole show my questions that remain are... how far away is Barbara’s home from the courthouse? The discussion of being told wrong information about the court date ( 9 am VS 2pm) very much seems intended and planned (looking at JH). Combined with a masked individual had walked through her yard the day earlier..perhaps it was a “trial run” for time, maybe it was a failed attempt, but it is not to be overlooked. I don’t believe the attack itself would have taken very long, and perhaps he had planned for things to get messy (ugh god bless her soul) and headed to court on time and before Ali and Conway found her. It would be great to look at this information and see if something like this was possible.

I am hoping that those documents and case files they receive will show a well done proper investigation, and that they haven’t been hiding errors this whole time instead of opening the case and moving forward.

I actually work in the building next to the court house in New Haven County. It's in downtown New Haven. She could have dropped off her daughter at school and gotten to New Haven for court if she was dressed and ready for court and went straight there after she dropped off her daughter. I didn't hear which school her daughter went to but if she went to Daniel Hand High school she could have made it. It's be pushing it though. She'd have to park in the parking garage downtown and go through security at the court house too. There is a parking garage attached to the building I work in and that's where a lot of court people park.

She wasn’t going to court at 9, even though that’s the time it was scheduled. It was mentioned a few times she had told two(atleast) witnesses she Was going to court at 2 pm. I think this also correlates to her still being in pjs.

But as you mention perhaps the parking situation may have been time consuming for Jeffrey as well. Thanks for your insight!

Hamburg was found dead on March 3, 2010 outside her rental home at 44 Middle Beach West Madison, following a 911 call at 11:25 a.m., from “blunt force trauma and sharp force injury.” The death was ruled a homicide. She was 48.

- snip -

... a new tip line has been set up at barbarahamburgtips.com. Tips can be provided anonymously, for those who might prefer that, and can be provided through a form on the site, via a phone call (1-860-619-BARB. “Press 9 to leave a message. Your phone number will not be recorded”), or through an email or an anonymous email service, with links to those provided on the site.

Visitors to the site also can sign a petition, urging the police department to share the files on Barbara Hamburg’s homicide with the public, “in the hopes of solving this decade-old crime.”

Barbara Hamburg’s Son to Her Killer: ‘I Beg You To Tell Us Why’ | News Break

'I didn't know Barbara': CT filmmaker explores mother's slaying in HBO docu-series

What To Know About Jeffrey Hamburg From 'Murder On Middle Beach'

Barbara Hamburg (1961 - 2010) - Obituary
That Ali part at the end of #3, I hear what you're saying. I rewound that section numerous times because of Ali's delivery and some facial ticks/expressions while talking. They made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know what to think about her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back