OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
was it ever mentioned that his bedroom was the room with the opened window? I still believe that window was an entry point or an exit point for JW. Say Jr was hiding and JW finds him just before he’s exiting the window, then shoots him from an elevated position, thus striking him at the top of the head? Just a theory.
Looks like Dana's place had several addon's to the end/back of the trailer. So its hard to tell which way they entered. If they are saying they were asleep why was Dana's legs seen in the hallway by her brother and he turned around a got out of ofthe trailer because he didn't want to see her like that or am I incorrect?

was it ever mentioned that his bedroom was the room with the opened window? I still believe that window was an entry point or an exit point for JW. Say Jr was hiding and JW finds him just before he’s exiting the window, then shoots him from an elevated position, thus striking him at the top of the head? Just a theory.
Looks like Dana's place had several addon's to the end/back of the trailer. So its hard to tell which way they entered. If they are saying they were asleep why was Dana's legs seen in the hallway by her brother and he turned around a got out of the trailer because he didn't want to see her like that or am I incorrect?

Looks like Dana's place had several addon's to the end/back of the trailer. So its hard to tell which way they entered. If they are saying they were asleep why was Dana's legs seen in the hallway by her brother and he turned around a got out of the trailer because he didn't want to see her like that or am I incorrect?

Dana had just got over a double shift at work. I’d imagine she was in the process of settling down for the night when all the bad start happening.

"James Manley found his sister, Dana Manley Rhoden, dead in her trailer on April 22, 2016, making him a witness in the case."

Rhoden relative charged with evidence tampering in Pike County Massacre appears in court | wkyc.com

Damn, there were so many versions reported.. an early report said JM saw DR's legs and backed out... hopefully we will get the full story one of these days. :confused::eek:

Stay safe e1. I'll be back when there is more to discuss. ;)

FWIW, I've never read a version of the story that included him seeing his sister's legs. Only that he went in, heard the baby crying and backed out. From there he went to the driveway and flagged down one cars of the county deputies who were responding to BJM's 911 call. They were just coming down Union Hill Rd. One stopped there when JM flagged him down, the other went on to CR1's place and Frankie's next door.

Of course the area was soon flooded with Ohio Highway Patrol, Pike County Sheriff's office, BCI, etc. That part of the discovery happened fairly quickly. BJM called 911, got the kids at Frankie's and put them in her car. Then she called Leonard Manley. He went next door, got James and they both headed out. Leonard went to CR1's and James went to check on Dana.

FWIW, I've never read a version of the story that included him seeing his sister's legs. Only that he went in, heard the baby crying and backed out. From there he went to the driveway and flagged down one cars of the county deputies who were responding to BJM's 911 call. They were just coming down Union Hill Rd. One stopped there when JM flagged him down, the other went on to CR1's place and Frankie's next door.

Of course the area was soon flooded with Ohio Highway Patrol, Pike County Sheriff's office, BCI, etc. That part of the discovery happened fairly quickly. BJM called 911, got the kids at Frankie's and put them in her car. Then she called Leonard Manley. He went next door, got James and they both headed out. Leonard went to CR1's and James went to check on Dana.

There was an article that quoted April as saying that James saw Dana's legs but it was quickly scrubbed and the leg part deleted. Here is another specific statement that was quickly scrubbed and deleted:

"Chris was shot through a wall or a door."

Opinion only because these specific article quotes were deleted - no links to them.

During a discussion some posters said they saw the "leg" article and some the "wall" article before these April 2016 articles were scrubbed. I saw the article that specifically said "Chris was shot through a wall or a door."

As to Dana being in or out of bed I'm inclined to believe the most recent information on it from Scheiderer and Canepa, their testimony from George's Bond Hearing. They make it seem like she was in bed not out.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of in this scenario is the Rhodens threatening that if Jake fights in court for custody they will try to prosecute him for what he is actually getting prosecuted for now! Count 23, The other 3 Wagners have 22 Counts.

IGNORE THIS FILE....I WAS RESEARCHING SOME MOTIONS OF THE CASE AND THIS FILE IS POSTING DESPITE MY TRYING TO ERASE IT..:rolleyes::oops:

CC, I wonder if there was something else that we don't know about. Something HR knew or could testify too that made GW4 join the murders to risk loosing his son.

There was an article that quoted April as saying that James saw Dana's legs but it was quickly scrubbed and the leg part deleted. Here is another specific statement that was quickly scrubbed and deleted:

Opinion only because these specific article quotes were deleted - no links to them.

During a discussion some posters said they saw the "leg" article and some the "wall" article before these April 2016 articles were scrubbed. I saw the article that specifically said "Chris was shot through a wall or a door."

As to Dana being in or out of bed I'm inclined to believe the most recent information on it from Scheiderer and Canepa, their testimony from George's Bond Hearing. They make it seem like she was in bed not out.

Yeppers, here ya' go. You're welcome! :D

"Chris Sr. and Gary were found in Chris’ trailer on Union Hill Road. They were the only two not shot while in their beds, and authorities have said the killers dragged their bodies through the house. Chris had been shot at least once through a door, scene evidence and wood fragments on his body found during an autopsy showed. He also had been shot more than any other victim: nine times."

Three years after killings, Rhoden murder case works way through court

Sorry you missed reading about the legs but many others probably read it so no worries. Scrubbed as were many others. :rolleyes:

CC, I wonder if there was something else that we don't know about. Something HR knew or could testify too that made GW4 join the murders to risk loosing his son.

Custody is the main motive and if there are other motives I doubt any of them relate to George.

At any rate I think George got involved only because he's part of the enmeshed family unit but I do think George wanted Jake to get full custody as this would be beneficial to him. Why? Because it gave his son a built in playmate and home school mate etc.. just like George had with Jake growing up. As a bonus, there might be financial gain such as through SS or an inheritance.

George also said something telling, he said Jake is always getting them into trouble over some woman and I think this implies the murders were all about Jake and Hanna and nothing about George.

I believe that before the murders George did not think he'd get caught, therefore, not be separated from his son. I think the 4 Wagners thought it would for sure become a cold case, they weren't banking on BCI and the AG's involvement or the resulting media storm including YouTube videos, Podcasts, National press, online groups bent on Justice, press conferences, etc...

I believe they were counting on the Cartel getting the blame so imagine their elation when the media picked up the story of possible Cartel involvement. Now imagine their shock and dismay when Reader said he believed the killers were locals...OOPS.........!

This is my take on it and we will get a clearer understanding of George's motive(s) during his trial and maybe during Jake's likely 2021 trial, after all, DeWine disclosed:

"The entire story as it will unfold at trial is just amazing."

Last edited:
Custody is the main motive and if there are other motives I doubt any of them relate to George.

At any rate I think George got involved only because he's part of the enmeshed family unit but I do think George wanted Jake to get full custody as this would be beneficial to him. Why? Because it gave his son a built in playmate and home school mate etc.. just like George had with Jake growing up. As a bonus, there might be financial gain such as through SS or an inheritance.

George also said something telling, he said Jake is always getting them into trouble over some woman and I think this implies the murders were all about Jake and Hanna and nothing about George.

I believe that before the murders George did not think he'd get caught, therefore, not be separated from his son. I think the 4 Wagners thought it would for sure become a cold case, they weren't banking on BCI and the AG's involvement or the resulting media storm including YouTube videos, Podcasts, National press, online groups bent on Justice, press conferences, etc...

I believe they were counting on the Cartel getting the blame so imagine their elation when the media picked up the story of possible Cartel involvement. Now imagine their shock and dismay when Reader said he believed the killers were locals...OOPS.........!

This is my take on it and we will get a clearer understanding of George's motive(s) during his trial and maybe during Jake's likely 2021 trial, after all, DeWine disclosed:

"The entire story as it will unfold at trial is just amazing."

George thought wrong. ;)

I also saw both of those in print, like you AJMO because I have no links. I'm sure both those things will come out in testimony at trial.

Yeppers, here ya' go. You're welcome! :D

"Chris Sr. and Gary were found in Chris’ trailer on Union Hill Road. They were the only two not shot while in their beds, and authorities have said the killers dragged their bodies through the house. Chris had been shot at least once through a door, scene evidence and wood fragments on his body found during an autopsy showed. He also had been shot more than any other victim: nine times."

Three years after killings, Rhoden murder case works way through court

Hey thanks! Now we have 3 references to Dana and Chris Jr. being in bed.

1.) A MSM article (from your above link) said, in reference to Chris Sr. and Gary: "they were the only two not shot while in their beds"

2.) Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa said at George's Bond Hearing:

There is not only evident guilt your Honor but overwhelming guilt of the defendant and his family demonstrating that they were guilty of one of the most heinous crimes in the history of the State of Ohio killing 8 people who lay sleeping in their beds, for the most part, all but 2, some with infants and toddlers nearby.

3.) BCI Lead Agent Ryan Scheiderer said at George's Bond Hearing:

Canepa:
As a result of your investigation did you make a determination whether you thought it was likely that a silencer had been used in this - in these homicides?

Scheiderer:
A suppressor yes.

Canepa:
A suppressor.

Scheiderer:
Yes.

Canepa:
What made you believe that?

Scheiderer:
'Cause at the one location there was 3 victims all in 3 different bedrooms that appeared to be killed in their sleep which to us told us that somehow - that the firearm had to be suppressed - the sound had to be suppressed.

Canepa:
Otherwise the others....

Scheiderer:
Would have waken up.

Canepa:
Been woke up. And was that at more than one location? Which 2 scenes specifically are you speaking of?

Scheiderer:
So, would be at Dana's residence which was Dana Hanna and Little Chris. And then at Frankie's residence which was Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley.

Last edited:

JM, himself, never commented on what he saw to the media, and/or anyone that makes it an official account. It was his wife that said what he did and seen that day. We can only note it as hearsay, I would think...

Hey thanks! Now we have 3 references to Dana and Chris Jr. being in bed.

1.) A MSM article (from your above link) said, in reference to Chris Sr. and Gary: "they were the only two not shot while in their beds"

2.) Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa said at George's Bond Hearing:

There is not only evident guilt your Honor but overwhelming guilt of the defendant and his family demonstrating that they were guilty of one of the most heinous crimes in the history of the State of Ohio killing 8 people who lay sleeping in their beds, for the most part, all but 2, some with infants and toddlers nearby.

3.) BCI Lead Agent Ryan Scheiderer said at George's Bond Hearing:

Canepa:
As a result of your investigation did you make a determination whether you thought it was likely that a silencer had been used in this - in these homicides?

Scheiderer:
A suppressor yes.

Canepa:
A suppressor.

Scheiderer:
Yes.

Canepa:
What made you believe that?

Scheiderer:
'Cause at the one location there was 3 victims all in 3 different bedrooms that appeared to be killed in their sleep which to us told us that somehow - that the firearm had to be suppressed - the sound had to be suppressed.

Canepa:
Otherwise the others....

Scheiderer:
Would have waken up.

Canepa:
Been woke up. And was that at more than one location? Which 2 scenes specifically are you speaking of?

Scheiderer:
So, would be at Dana's residence which was Dana Hanna and Little Chris. And then at Frankie's residence which was Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley.

I can understand the use of the suppressor, why it was used, but we've learned that even with a suppressor attached there is still some noise. The video's that we've seen on here gave me that impression. I'm a pretty sound sleeper but I kind of think I would wake up, at least partially, if it went off above or next to me. :oops:

Edit by me. I watched a few more videos and there's a bigger difference than I thought. Seems to depend on the gun too.

Last edited:
I can understand the use of the suppressor, why it was used, but we've learned that even with a suppressor attached there is still some noise. The video's that we've seen on here gave me that impression. I'm a pretty sound sleeper but I kind of think I would wake up, at least partially, if it went off above or next to me. :oops:

Edit by me. I watched a few more videos and there's a bigger difference than I thought. Seems to depend on the gun too.

Might find answers if you find a video that shows the type of suppressor used by the Wagners along with type of gun.

3 different guns were used by the Wagners that night:

Walther Colt 1911.22 rail gun. This specific firearm produces a unique firing pin impression on their casings not seen by the BCI lab before. This was all confirmed directly with the Walther firearm company.
Glock 30 and 40 caliber guns (I think both these are glocks).
Suppressor made from a maglite flashlight with freeze plugs and thread adapters.

upload_2020-12-11_3-14-47.png
Finally, a Gif to Teach You How a Gun Silencer Works

Last edited:
Might find answers if you find a video that shows the type of suppressor used by the Wagners along with type of gun.

3 different guns were used by the Wagners that night:

Walther Colt 1911.22 rail gun. This specific firearm produces a unique firing pin impression on their casings not seen by the BCI lab before. This was all confirmed directly with the Walther firearm company.
Glock 30 and 40 caliber guns (I think both these are glocks).
Suppressor made from a maglite flashlight with freeze plugs and thread adapters.

View attachment 275228
Finally, a Gif to Teach You How a Gun Silencer Works
Thanks, CC. I watched videos for both the Walther Colt and the Glock. Didn't find a video with the maglite suppressor....kind of felt leery of doing that search. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea