Crocodile Hunter's Daughter Gets Own TV Show

I don't personally know Bindi as you know Dingo- you only have to look at her to see she is okay.

She is helping to save our world and all you guys can do is bag her-

She is a well adjusted, emotionally stable little girl having the time of her life- it's that simple.
Im not bagging her Narla.....we are discussing her.

Bindi is precious and she IS talented... but I wonder if Steve had lived, if he'd still be the main entertainer and Bindi would have more time to just be a kid. I almost feel like sometimes that Terri is pushing Bindi a little harder since Steve was killed to keep the zoo high-profile and to somehow "make up" for Steve's not being there, in every way....financially, psychologically (for her AND the kids), emotionally, etc.

Hi englishleigh,
I don't know about their finances, but I'd bet the farm that Steve left them well-cared for even if none of them ever worked again.

He introduced Terri from the very beginning, and had his kid's involved with this almost from the minute they were born. I recall a particular video where he took the family across the US and visited my home-stomping grounds in South Dakota (little Bob wasn't very old), but in teaching THEM on camera, he taught us, and I thought then (and still think)...what a wonderful family experience to have, even tho' there were probably 'moments' like any family vacation has, where things didn't always go as planned, but they not only shared with us, they gave us a window into how parents SHOULD educate their children... by good example.

Did he make mistakes? Yep...and he was called on it. He wasn't a perfect parent (who is?)...but I picture him (had he lived), keeping the family involved and hoping his kids would feel as passionately about this as he did.

No one knows what the future will hold for these children, but I DO think it will all turn out alright.

Did anyone see Bindi speak at her dads memorial service? She's a born entertainer, just like her father.

I did; and also the interview; she is so mature for her years. I was especially touched when asked about her feelings and she said "this is very personal and privet; I hope you do not think I am being rude".

I think she is a special girl. I think that many adults are doing the "actual work" and Bindi is getting her name on it.
I also think that when her Daddy died this was one way they can secure an income.
But I do NOT think that Bindi is not getting to play and enjoy her youth.
At least I hope she is, and being busy is good for them after such a devastating loss.

Hi englishleigh,
I don't know about their finances, but I'd bet the farm that Steve left them well-cared for even if none of them ever worked again.

He introduced Terri from the very beginning, and had his kid's involved with this almost from the minute they were born. I recall a particular video where he took the family across the US and visited my home-stomping grounds in South Dakota (little Bob wasn't very old), but in teaching THEM on camera, he taught us, and I thought then (and still think)...what a wonderful family experience to have, even tho' there were probably 'moments' like any family vacation has, where things didn't always go as planned, but they not only shared with us, they gave us a window into how parents SHOULD educate their children... by good example.

Did he make mistakes? Yep...and he was called on it. He wasn't a perfect parent (who is?)...but I picture him (had he lived), keeping the family involved and hoping his kids would feel as passionately about this as he did.

No one knows what the future will hold for these children, but I DO think it will all turn out alright.

I do not mine the show. But give me a break Clothing line now!!!!!What Bindi needs like others have said is to be able to grow up. And Be a KID truly think if Steve was still alive he would say No way Mate.Steve understood the importance of letting his kids growing up as Kids. Sure they were on his show but Steve and Teri could not ver well leave them home since they were on the road so much.

What is next Bindi Dolls and Bindi's Wildlife games?

Hi englishleigh,

Nice post.:clap: :clap: :clap: I agree.

Im not bagging her Narla.....we are discussing her.

Well, IMO saying she is Americanised is the ultimate bagging- the only thing American about Bindi Iriwn is her Mum- and her Mum chooses to bring her family up here in Oz so I'm not quite sure how you can say that-

I think what Bindi is doing is much different than what typical childhood stars do - she is making a difference in the world around her - the animal world, no less. My children would be thrilled at an opportunity like that. My daughter is 7 and has said for the last couple of years solid that she wants to work in a zoo or do something to help animals. She loves playing with her siblings and her friends, but to see her with animals, I can't explain it - she's completely in her element at that point. She'll watch Animal Planet anyday over cartoons. She would much rather play with her stuffed animals, than her Barbies or baby dolls. Her brother and sister are a lot like her, but not quite to the same extent.

I bet Bindi is a lot happier than a lot of other children because she is contributing to our world and not trying to fulfill her happiness with just her own wants and needs. I think we are all born with an instinct to help others - whether that be people, animals, our environment, etc. - we just get so busy trying to work to survive that it gets pushed aside. That's why we come here to read stories to see how we might be able to help, even if all we can do is hope and pray. That's why we praise those who help others and are outraged at those who don't.

As for the clothes, it's not like she's designing them and making them herself! She's probably just telling them what she likes and doesn't like - how long does that take? I'd much rather buy a Bindi brand line of clothes for my daughters, than a Mary-Kate and Ashley brand. I think it will be refreshing to dress our daughters like little girls rather than little women! I'm excited because one of my daughters likes all the pinks, bows and ruffles and the other, the animal lover, likes practical - yet she's not all out tomboy.

One last point, with all the money Bindi has made or will make, I just don't see her wasting it on glitz and glamour or drugs and alcohol. Instead, I think she will use it to better her, her future family, and of course, the animal world around her! I could be wrong, but I don't think she's going to be filling that void in her life with worthless or damaging things because she has the love of her mother, brother and father from above, and the joy of making a difference in life!

So go easy on Bindi, I think the hardest thing in her life right now would be hearing all the critics of her and her mom!

Good post and of course you are right about Bindi's happiness- seems people would rather her have collapsed with grief than accept her Dad's death and get on with her life.

Every penny the Iriwns make is put back into the enviroment- Bindi will be no exception.

I agree, she may never experience being just a kid. She's been in the limelight since birth and unfortunately, imo, more so since her daddy died. I think mama should let little Bindi be a kid who swings and skates and colors and plays with animals and does whatever most kids her age do.

Doesn't she already have a tv show in the making?

I think you'll find Mama does- here's what John Stainton has to say about Bindi-
Just so you know John Stainton was Steve's best mate- I think he knows a little bit more about Bindi than posters here do ;)

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2006/s1766859.htm

Well, IMO saying she is Americanised is the ultimate bagging- the only thing American about Bindi Iriwn is her Mum- and her Mum chooses to bring her family up here in Oz so I'm not quite sure how you can say that-
You win .....I was bagging her by saying she is being Americanised even though her mother is an American.

You win .....I was bagging her by saying she is being Americanised even though her mother is an American.

What did I win :p hope it's somethin' good!

Dingo- you said Bindi was being Americanised- what did you mean by that? and how do you think that is happening? -admittedly celebrity fashion labels are probably American if I was to hazard a guess- is that what you mean by her being Americanised?
In my best Pauline Hanson- please explain- lol

She is such a sweetie but I hope she is doing this on her own choices. I hope its not an obligation she feels because of her dad's charities. I would like to view her shows but we dont get animal planet with our tv service. I loved Steve's shows.

Quote- Bindi:
"I just love this life so much!" she tells GOOD WEEKEND MAGAZINE. "I couldn't stand it if i was in an apartment with a goldfish!"

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/meet-the-real-bindi-irwin/2007/08/17/1186857718964.html

What did I win :p hope it's somethin' good!

Dingo- you said Bindi was being Americanised- what did you mean by that? and how do you think that is happening? -admittedly celebrity fashion labels are probably American if I was to hazard a guess- is that what you mean by her being Americanised?
In my best Pauline Hanson- please explain- lol
Thats exactly what I meant.....I dont know many Aussie kids who have their own fashion label.

Thats exactly what I meant.....I dont know many Aussie kids who have their own fashion label.

Me either- but hey there's a first for everything and at least with Bindis label the money will be going to a good cause which is, of course, more than we can say about people like Paris and the Olsen twins..

I guess I'm not sure that contributig to the world makes children happy. I don't know.

No- you obviously don't- have you ever heard Bindi talk? she loves her life with a passion!

<<What's your favorite part of being a TV star, Bindi? Have you gotten to meet your own favorite stars?
Bindi:
Well, I have gotten to meet a lot of different people. But I'm not really anything special; I'm just Bindi Irwin, and I want to help animals, and that's why I go on TV.
Terri: Bindi has had the opportunity to meet some people she's really hit it off with ... and she's such a wonderful little advocate for conservation. The band The Eagles came to the (Australian) Zoo one time, and Bindi is not backwards in coming forward. She walked up to the band and said, 'I'm so glad you're here to help me save wildlife,' and the guys all looked at each other and passed a hat and raised $1,100 for the (zoo) hospital.>>

More at link:
http://television.aol.com/tv-celebri...di-terri-irwin

Being a mother who had a daughter and her father killed instantly I have been sort of keeping up with Terri, Bindi and Bob out of curiousity as to how terri was handling this crisis.

I give her and her family a standing ovation. Had I only been so strong, had as much to lean on personally, my big dark abyss probably wouldn't have lasted as long as it did, or had been as deep as it was.

I do agree with posters about the childhood or stardom robbing bindi, it should be of high priority as to not happen. But, this little girl truly is an exception to the rule concerning children. It does happen. She really is born a little entertainer. It's in her blood line, and I assume gifted from the Lord from Steve.

Many childhood stars as we know, have turned out to be horrible ends, but I don't see it here in this family. Plus, as many posters have already pointed out, Bindi has a cause. A natural instinct to be of hope and do good, it's been given to each and everyone of us, it's our choice if we pursue those natural urges.

Bindi appears to already be having the time of her life, where most of us do not achieve or come full circle to this plateau until adulthood. But, this I think is the exception. As I think bout it, all children should have an opportunity, for they would achieve just like Bindi. it's this world and the people around a child that kills their outlook and attitude. Kills their desire to learn and be of good to this world. Their not born wanting to be blahhhhhhh, we make them too tamed and blah.

Sit still, shut up, obey obey. Instead of letting them be adventuresome as they are created to be. We civilize them, not Americanize them, way too much, especially our boys. They are in born to provide for the family and we won't even let them jump off the porch, or ride a bike without full gear.

Wonder what our forefathers and mothers would think of that. Children use to jump on buffalo, hunt and kill to bring food home for the family daily. Now, their put in a grocery cart, popped if they even point at a food product and whine for it, cuz the person in charge won't let them have anything cuz it's not paid for yet. Shoot, what's a child to do.

Bindi has it going on. If she was mine, and I was Terri, her education of nature and animals far exceeds sitting in a boring classroom having to learn things she'll never need or use. I say let the little smart, cute money maker go for it. She is happy. That little voice and smile doesn't lie. You can tell she loves doing her thang. Go Bindi! Keep that positive learning attitude, it will take you everywhere.

Okay, I'm not sure how to take the bantering about being "Americanized" - should we be offended? :p

Okay, I'm not sure how to take the bantering about being "Americanized" - should we be offended? :p
That's what I was wondering. :waitasec:
However, I'm going to take it as a compliment!! :)

Me too...I didn't realize that was a bad thing these days.

My poor kids! And all this time I though being an American was pretty cool....

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lynie

Me either- but hey there's a first for everything and at least with Bindis label the money will be going to a good cause which is, of course, more than we can say about people like Paris and the Olsen twins..

Trust me, not everyone here loves the Olsen bag lady trolls. Well, Mary Kate anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonderPony
Back