Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

DCI Page also said:

There have been a number of twists and turns since we started to reinvestigate this cold case and this latest development marks another significant moment which has included new sightings of Steven on the day of his murder

For the police to use the word murder in their statement,I would say they are pretty sure that is what happened.

Yes, they're not going to state he was murdered unless they're pretty sure he was. JMO

'I sent police mystery letter about killer of man who disappeared 28 years ago'

Apparently the mirror think it was their coverage which made the writer come forward. There is no identification of the writer or any new information.

No, nothing new there, however they are quoting Cleveland police actually stating that fact, which is interesting. I don't think any news would fake quotes.
===
Cleveland Police said: “The coverage we received has directly led to a major development in the case. "We’d like to thank the Mirror for its support and publicising this investigation.”
===

While Mirror is known as tabloid with likes of Daily Fail, I was surprised to find out some time ago that they are actually big supporters of missing person cases and publish them and fund them quite often and also offer rewards from their own budget. For over 30 years now they are also supporting, funding and publishing case of missing Helen McCourt who disappeared in Feb 1988 and helping her mum directly with big campaigns. That is only one in many cases they are helping.

So, while trash, they are doing something really good too.

Last edited:
This article has a bit more infromation about Steven's life which I have not seen before
===
Breakthrough in Christmas mystery murder probe as anonymous letter writer comes forward

Steven was born in Colchester, Essex in 1969 and lived near Edinburgh, Scotland when he was around the age of two. He was involved in a road accident in a town called Kirkliston in which he was seriously injured after being hit by a lorry.

He spent some time at a school in Kimbolten, Cambridgeshire and went to South Africa to live in the early 1980s where he went to the Muriel Brand School near Johannesburg.
---
He came back from South Africa after 10 years and lived in Guildford in Surrey before moving to Marske in the summer of 1991.

When he moved to Marske, he did some work for Leonard Cheshire Home, which is also known as Marske Hall.

Breakthrough in Christmas murder probe as letter writer steps forward

Last edited:
The only new thing I could see was the police statement:

The two people who have been arrested on suspicion of murder in the Steven Clark missing person case have been released under investigation. Previously, they had been released on bail."

I am not sure what the different is between being realised under investigation and bail.

Thank you, yeah, I looked at that but for some reason, I thought we already knew? But it probably was released under investigation ..but I don't know the difference either

Thank you, yeah, I looked at that but for some reason, I thought we already knew? But it probably was released under investigation ..but I don't know the difference either

I think the change must have been in the last couple of days as old articles say the last bail date was until sometime in December,they did not give an actual date.

The bail set up changed about a year ago to stop people being under bail conditions for unlimited amounts of time.

The time limit is now generally 3 months - unless they can prove a serious need to extend this.
The usual now, is to set bail for one month, which can be extended for a further two months.
After that time, they either have to charge, release completely or release under investigation.

ETA - I just rechecked. They were arrested in September and bailed.
End of December would be three months, which would match with ending the bail and setting the new condition.

Mr Clark, like his wife a former police officer, confirmed they agreed to do an ITV documentary.

He told the Mirror: “We have no evidence at all of Steven being dead.

“I think he is alive – so let’s look for him.

"He went for a walk on the beach and was then seen two or three days later by a lot of people.

He was alive in Redcar days later, from the police statements (at the time).”

BBM

Wow.... so what's all this about this one witness coming forward telling she saw him later in the afternoon of December 28?

If police statements from that time exist about Steven being alive days later, why were they discarded?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is the walk on the beach the same walk he went on with his mum and then disappeared from the public toilets, or is it a different walk on the beach?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back