MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

Dishes in sink, moldy canned food, garbage overflowing. Prescription drugs. Neighbor taking over?

I skimmed through this thread quickly and will read more thoroughly tomorrow, but IMHO this seems it could be drug related, and more than just prescription.

It’s very sad that after 5 months I see this story on CNN. 5 months. I haven’t been here in awhile and it brought me back. Praying for her return, her poor daughter.

ETA: landline could’ve been added because cell phone unpaid at one point?

Dishes in sink, moldy canned food, garbage overflowing. Prescription drugs. Neighbor taking over?

I skimmed through this thread quickly and will read more thoroughly tomorrow, but IMHO this seems it could be drug related, and more than just prescription.

It’s very sad that after 5 months I see this story on CNN. 5 months. I haven’t been here in awhile and it brought me back. Praying for her return, her poor daughter.

ETA: landline could’ve been added because cell phone unpaid at one point?
Just curious why you think it could be drug related?

MOO - could be because there was a receipt dated May 10 with her signature (per daughter) but there was moldy food and piles of trash. Possibly could be drugs, could be depression, could be some adverse effect of other medications she's taking (or not taking), but if she was OCD as mentioned by daughter, there would be SOMETHING causing her to leave her house in such a way - MOO

MOO - could be because there was a receipt dated May 10 with her signature (per daughter) but there was moldy food and piles of trash. Possibly could be drugs, could be depression, could be some adverse effect of other medications she's taking (or not taking), but if she was OCD as mentioned by daughter, there would be SOMETHING causing her to leave her house in such a way - MOO

I agree, CurlyQ. Very good points.
As far as the receipt dated May 10, 2020, and then the open can with mold -- it has to do with time. Kelsey would have seen the condition of Echo's home when she went there on May 15, 2020, after repeated failed attempts to reach her mother by phone. The home didn't get that unkempt in just five days' time. The overflowing trash, dirty dishes in the kitchen, etc. That happened over a longer period of time. This scene does not depict Echo's usual OCD cleanliness habits for maintaining her home. Some form of dysfunction was brooding. I think you have a very valid theory.
(In my own opinion only.)

I think that because people are “controlled” by people when they need something in my experience. The description of being “controlled by the neighbor” didn’t seem right. Friends I had in my younger years that turned toward drugs, well, there perfect homes became unkempt rather quickly.

I am curious why there isn’t more said about this case, and if the neighbor was so close to Echo, why has he/she not spoken up?

I agree, CurlyQ. Very good points.
As far as the receipt dated May 10, 2020, and then the open can with mold -- it has to do with time. Kelsey would have seen the condition of Echo's home when she went there on May 15, 2020, after repeated failed attempts to reach her mother by phone. The home didn't get that unkempt in just five days' time. The overflowing trash, dirty dishes in the kitchen, etc. That happened over a longer period of time. This scene does not depict Echo's usual OCD cleanliness habits for maintaining her home. Some form of dysfunction was brooding. I think you have a very valid theory.
(In my own opinion only.)

Another possibility is that someone else was staying there, controlling Echo's activities, her home, her car, per her daughter's reports. In one of the interviews about Echo's disappearance, linked here, her daughter mentions her mom visiting her to tell her about the controlling neighbor and brainstorming ways to take back her home and car.

Last edited:
Another possibility is that someone else was staying there, controlling Echo's activities, her home, her car, per her daughter's reports. In one of the interviews about Echo's disappearance, linked here, her daughter mentions her mom visiting her to tell her about the controlling neighbor and brainstorming ways to take back her home and car. Kelsy mentioned her mom told her she had been locked in her bedroom by this neighbor and was forced to climb out the window to go to Kelsy's home.

I didn't remember anything about Echo being locked in her bedroom by the controlling neighbor and having to climb out a window to leave, without being detected by the controlling neighbor, so that she could go to Kelsey's home. I do remember an interview where Kelsey said that Echo waited for a "window" of opportunity (a time when the controlling neighbor was not at home, apparently) to be able to leave without him seeing her do it.

Yes. The controlling neighbor was a constant, in my opinion, going in and out of Echo's home whenever he chose. He even had a key to her home. Why that was allowed by Echo is unknown at this time. Could have been that she gave him the key in case she got locked out. He was able to gain her trust, IMO. Probably good at manipulating her.

But Kelsey has said that he had financial access to her personal accounts, and other things that he could control. There was a reason why he was given carte blanche access by Echo. I hope LE is thoroughly investigating, and I think that they are. Maybe an arrest will come soon, even if it is on an unrelated issue, just to put the likely suspect into custody. Right now, they may be following closely and observing.

(All of this is speculation and opinion on my part.)

Last edited:
I didn't remember anything about Echo having to climb out a window to leave without being detected so that she could go to Kelsey's home. I do remember an interview where Kelsey waited for a "window" of opportunity (a time when the controlling neighbor was not at home, apparently) to be able to leave without him seeing her do it.

Yes. The controlling neighbor was a constant, in my opinion, going in and out of Echo's home whenever he chose. He even had a key to her home. Why that was allowed by Echo is unknown at this time. Could have been that she gave him the key in case she got locked out. But, me, personally, I would hide a key somewhere around the premises of my home instead of trusting someone else with a spare key.

(All of this is speculation and opinion on my part.)

I'll find the link.

Last edited:
I'll find the link. Yes, she said that, her mom was locked in her own bedroom and had to leave out a window.

If it's too much, don't worry about it. I mean those interviews were hard to understand due to sound quality, etc. There are a lot of things floating around about the case that are hard to corroborate. We just have to sift through and believe or not.

If it's too much, don't worry about it. I mean those interviews were hard to understand due to sound quality, etc. There are a lot of things floating around about the case that are hard to corroborate. We just have to sift through and believe or not.

Yes, there's a lot of stuff floating around. There was some good information in this interview

I've edited my posts above to remove information until I can find the link.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back