Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they made plans to watch movies together on Saturday, Fridays plans were probably discussed at the same time.
It appears to be a very social group, Alexis realizing it’s Friday night and wondering who was going out that evening. With Covid, not sure there would be the usual party/bar/out to be seen scene?

The check she’s holding up is in her maiden name. March of this year she talks about getting married in Vegas in April. Any pictures of her wedding in April? Her girlfriend group give her a bridal shower? Any mention of wedding congratulations?

Doesn’t appear she got married in December 2019?

Or not at all?

If she never got married - no need for a divorce.
JMO

<modsnip>

There is an online record of marriage in a Colorado newspaper from 12/20/19.
For the Record: Jan. 18, 2020

Her mother has stated AS did get married.
“They got married and moved to Houston together in January, Stacey said, and Alexis' beauty-tastemaker aspirations started to bear fruit.

Alexis Sharkey's Disturbing Death: Exploring the Truth About Her Last Days as Mom, Pals Insist Foul Play - E! Online

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

There is an online record of marriage in a Colorado newspaper from 12/20/19.
For the Record: Jan. 18, 2020

Her mother has stated AS did get married.
“They got married and moved to Houston together in January, Stacey said, and Alexis' beauty-tastemaker aspirations started to bear fruit.

Alexis Sharkey's Disturbing Death: Exploring the Truth About Her Last Days as Mom, Pals Insist Foul Play - E! Online
If she got married in January prior to moving to Houston, why was she posting in March about getting married in Vegas in April?

Perhaps the plan was to get married while on the Monat trip?

It’s a bit confusing!
JMO

If they made plans to watch movies together on Saturday, Fridays plans were probably discussed at the same time.
Purely speculation but I agree. Two possibilities come to mind...
1) AS just really wanted to get out of the apartment
(e.g. even if Friday had already been discussed, maybe she just really hoped there would be an outing of SOME kind, even an outing with TR’s mom or later without TR’s mom, just to get out of the apt)

2) Someone else sent the texts on her behalf to buy time/set up a narrative that she was looking to go out

Those texts would not be hard to fake - especially by someone with access to her phone and her text history etc. JMO

TR hasn’t been asked in media if she thinks the texts could be fake, nor did she proactively offer up any suspicions to that effect. I think that if they had struck her as possibly fake she would have mentioned that, BUT those interviews were very early on and it may not have occurred to her at that point that they could have been fake. JMO

Or, perhaps, the Uber/Lyft she ordered.

At any rate, I'm sure her iCloud (IIRC she uses an iPhone) has plenty of info for LE.
Unless she had a burner phone; kept at another location...
She was apparently making enough money; she could have gone back to her original state, or moved to another location easily...
All avenues need to be explored...

If she got married in January prior to moving to Houston, why was she posting in March about getting married in Vegas in April?

It’s a bit confusing!
JMO

I have not seen the posts from March. At least not on her FB. Was it from 2020?

Monat has an annual event in April in Las Vegas, but it was cancelled this year. Maybe she was referring to that event, and having a reception or party of some sort with her group of friends.

Both of my daughters were married privately in civil ceremonies out of country, then later had large wedding receptions in our hometown here.

jmo

I personally do not think a drug OD, at least self induced.
Perhaps someone gave her drug against her will, IMO
I can't think of anything else that would not leave injuries or obvious trauma to the body and LE did state they did not see any.
Bag over the head or drug injection against her will ??
I would think strangulation would show marks around her neck.
Just thinking out loud over here, trying to figure this out.
Also perhaps:
Drug put into her drink, or into food too:
Will know when results of drug panel return...
Plus if any DNA is present under nails, etc...
Stomach content, lung tissue analysis, etc...

Last edited:
Texas Instagram Model’s Husband Gets Death Threats As Foul Play Not Ruled Out In Preliminary Autopsy

"The Harris County Institute of Forensic Science said on Thursday that medical examiners who conducted the preliminary autopsy haven’t yet ruled out the possibility of some sort of foul play."

bbm:

According to a report by People.com, foul play has not been ruled out in Sharkey’s death. The outlet reported that a preliminary autopsy on her body did not rule out foul play. People.com cited a Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences spokesperson who said the possibility of foul play still exists in this case. KPRC 2 has confirmed this information. Here’s the statement we received from from local officials.

“I’ve said that foul play has not been ruled out,” Michele Arnold, public information officer for the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

She also included this information to KPRC 2:

“High Profile Cases: When high profile cases come to Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences (HCIFS), usually but not always homicides, it is natural for the public to want answers quickly. Entertaining television shows have misled the public on how quickly an autopsy can be completed. We are often asked about timetables for the release of information. There is no average length of time for an autopsy to be completed. Every case is unique, and we average 4,500 cases a year.”

“At HCIFS there are no ‘preliminary’ autopsy reports. There are final reports with all tests run and all available evidence considered. If the case is a homicide, the autopsy report will not be released to media or the public until law enforcement has concluded its investigation.”

“Identification of decedents plus cause and manner are released to our case status page, which is refreshed with data every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Alexis Sharkey UPDATES: Here’s what we know right now about social media influencer’s death

bbm:

According to a report by People.com, foul play has not been ruled out in Sharkey’s death. The outlet reported that a preliminary autopsy on her body did not rule out foul play. People.com cited a Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences spokesperson who said the possibility of foul play still exists in this case. KPRC 2 has confirmed this information. Here’s the statement we received from from local officials.

“I’ve said that foul play has not been ruled out,” Michele Arnold, public information officer for the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

She also included this information to KPRC 2:

“High Profile Cases: When high profile cases come to Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences (HCIFS), usually but not always homicides, it is natural for the public to want answers quickly. Entertaining television shows have misled the public on how quickly an autopsy can be completed. We are often asked about timetables for the release of information. There is no average length of time for an autopsy to be completed. Every case is unique, and we average 4,500 cases a year.”

“At HCIFS there are no ‘preliminary’ autopsy reports. There are final reports with all tests run and all available evidence considered. If the case is a homicide, the autopsy report will not be released to media or the public until law enforcement has concluded its investigation.”

“Identification of decedents plus cause and manner are released to our case status page, which is refreshed with data every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Alexis Sharkey UPDATES: Here’s what we know right now about social media influencer’s death

Looks like a case of shoddy reporting in play. Thanks for this.

I have not seen the posts from March. At least not on her FB. Was it from 2020?

Monat has an annual event in April in Las Vegas, but it was cancelled this year. Maybe she was referring to that event, and having a reception or party of some sort with her group of friends.

Both of my daughters were married privately in civil ceremonies out of country, then later had large wedding receptions in our hometown here.

jmo

<modsnip: Removed random video>

Post March 2, 2020 on her FB page
She went to the Bellami Beauty Bar in Houston Texas to get her extensions.
First few minutes of the video she talks about getting extensions because she is getting married in April 2020.

A lot of red flags in this case.
JMO

It’s a bit confusing!
JMO

It’s possible they weren’t legally married. I know quite a few friends who have had “spiritual” marriages outside of the country and gotten married via courthouse/family backyard/some other small means either before or after. The longest one I know of took a year before the actual marriage because of a divorce which needed to be finalized legally before they could be legally married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth