Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is, but that report has stated "Robinault" since the outset of this case. She apparently had not legally changed her name since the wedding.

A little strange, in most states you have the opportunity to change your name right when you submit your marriage certificate. If you don't, you have to make a motion for a name change in Court (which is a lot more work than just writing in the new name). I know lots of women do not change their names for professional reasons but they then use their maiden names publicly. I wonder why she didn't change it but does use S as her name.

I think out of everything being theorized here, the fact that she was still using her maiden name is the least suspicious of all. I am happily married but did not want to change my name. I have many friends who have done the same and kept their maiden name. In this day & age it is not strange at all.

I think out of everything being theorized here, the fact that she was still using her maiden name is the least suspicious of all. I am happily married but did not want to change my name. I have many friends who have done the same and kept their maiden name. In this day & age it is not strange at all.
I don't think anyone thinks this is suspicious, we are simply wondering if they were in fact legally married.

I wonder if it was learned that in fact they were not legally married and, hence, the change in NOK...

That's what I was getting at about the maiden name. I do not know many women who legally keep their maiden name but publicly and socially use their husband's name. If you want to be Alexis Sharkey, why didn't you just check the box when you got married? There is NOTHING weird about keeping your maiden name, that's not what I was saying. Using two different names is unusual, particularly if you are not a licensed professional like a doctor or a lawyer where you may use one name professionally and then sign your Christmas cards with "The [Married Name]s"

I don't think they were legally married at all.

A little strange, in most states you have the opportunity to change your name right when you submit your marriage certificate. If you don't, you have to make a motion for a name change in Court (which is a lot more work than just writing in the new name). I know lots of women do not change their names for professional reasons but they then use their maiden names publicly. I wonder why she didn't change it but does use S as her name.
Not sure if this is the reason, but there is a fairly notorious "Sharkey" (not her boyfriend/husband?) around that is famous on a gossip site. For Instagram marketing, this is useful as people may think you are related (may even be I haven't researched, but the last name I definitely recognize and boyfriend looks familiar as does she). Anyway, so when they look for the notorious Sharkey mentioned on that site her name may come up, thus adding potential customers, sales reps etc etc. It was a smart marketing move to use that last name versus using hers for promotion of Monat. That's my thought as I do a fair amount of social media marketing. Could be way off base too though lol. MOO

That's what I was getting at about the maiden name. I do not know many women who legally keep their maiden name but publicly and socially use their husband's name. If you want to be Alexis Sharkey, why didn't you just check the box when you got married? There is NOTHING weird about keeping your maiden name, that's not what I was saying. Using two different names is unusual, particularly if you are not a licensed professional like a doctor or a lawyer where you may use one name professionally and then sign your Christmas cards with "The [Married Name]s"

Would the NOK be changed to the living parents by the ME's office if the legal husband were deceased?
(No, I don't know anything, just wondering if that would be standard protocol).

There's something off about it all. I still have my suspicions about AS possibly leading a double-life. If pressed, I couldn't make a strong case for it, but there's certainly a bit of circumstantial evidence which presents that as a possibility.

Would the NOK be changed to the living parents by the ME's office if the legal husband were deceased?
(No, I don't know anything, just wondering if that would be standard protocol).

Interesting! Yes, if your husband dies and you do not have children, your parents become your NOK and heir. I'm not sure how quickly an ME would update it but hmm

In some states it might be more involved than checking a box. I had to run around to SSA, the post office and the MVA and it was a huge PITA. If they married last December in Colorado but already planned to move to Texas in January, she may have wanted to switch addresses and DL after the move to save time and money or avoid dealing with new paperwork during a change of address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie