GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there's much that hasn't been disclosed despite the voluminous posts on the TB FB pages. In one interesting comment on a March 21 post they complained about LE taking their books on Macrobiotics when they searched the house. They said LE was trying to use the books to accuse the parents of manslaughter.

That's 8 months before the November 2 charges so it appears the family was aware for some time that Steve and Heidi might be charged for their neglect.
Tranberg Bennett

So is the main page down because it's the calm before the storm? Will the page return with new and improved complaints? Is there a plea deal in the works?

Apparently no one but us wants to know :rolleyes:.

Great find!! Who has $35,000 in cash in their house?

The following opinions is based largely on my experience watching law and order (lol) but I suspect with 7 people charged they will attempt to convince a teenager or someone else with any shred of self interest to accept immunity or a lesser charge for testifying against a parent in the home.

it would be reasonable for someone to do so. It might also explain why we didn’t hear much after the Gomberg hearings. If they wanted to all be represented by a single attorney it was because they wanted to have ‘the same story’. if someone realized they could walk away if they had a lawyer with their own self interest at heart it would have been very disruptive to the family. This is all speculation and MOO
Interesting, good point. I wonder if someone, an adult, flipped on the rest of the family.

Three of the remaining seven TB children are in DSS custody. The other four children (adults now) have been just recently charged with the same neglectful charges. If I was the parent of those children, I would NEVER encourage the older four to sacrifice their own lives for my mistake(s). Not only did they fail to protect Evanna, they are failing and neglecting ALL of the remaining children.

Three of the remaining seven TB children are in DSS custody. The other four children (adults now) have been just recently charged with the same neglectful charges. If I was the parent of those children, I would NEVER encourage the older four to sacrifice their own lives for my mistake(s). Not only did they fail to protect Evanna, they are failing and neglecting ALL of the remaining children.

well not for nothing, VTB is a grown woman with kids of her own. Even if her parents are asking her to sacrifice her own life to protect their mistakes, she needs to protect her children. The ones who she claims are being abused in foster care. I take major issue with her actions.

well not for nothing, VTB is a grown woman with kids of her own. Even if her parents are asking her to sacrifice her own life to protect their mistakes, she needs to protect her children. The ones who she claims are being abused in foster care. I take major issue with her actions.

Oh I totally agree with you there! Venuska was the very first family member to go public... like the town crier, defending her family. She should know better

Oh I totally agree with you there! Venuska was the very first family member to go public... like the town crier, defending her family. She should know better

Weren’t her kids taken away from her again because she refused to keep them away from Heidi and Papa? She really needs to kick into mama bear mode, stat. Her parents clearly don’t have her, or her kids, best interests at heart. Otherwise they would have INSISTED she lived with the kids, separately from them.

Her two oldest kids have a different father, one who doesn’t live with the TB family. I would assume he’s enraged that venuska is acting this way. Or maybe not, idk. This family has a dynamic like no other that I’ve ever seen or heard.

Last edited:
The following opinions is based largely on my experience watching law and order (lol) but I suspect with 7 people charged they will attempt to convince a teenager or someone else with any shred of self interest to accept immunity or a lesser charge for testifying against a parent in the home.
Yes, someone else, maybe, an adult and not a teenager,
as I could shred a teenager in cross-x.

Weren’t her kids taken away from her again because she refused to keep them away from Heidi and Papa? She really needs to kick into mama bear mode, stat. Her parents clearly don’t have her, or her kids, best interests at heart. Otherwise they would have INSISTED she lived with the kid, separately from them.

Her two oldest kids have a different father, one who doesn’t live with the TB family. I would assume he’s enraged that venuska is acting this way. Or maybe not, idk. This family has a dynamic like no other that I’ve ever seen or heard.

IMO, (and many others from what I have read) the family dynamic is a Cult. It is abnormal, alarming and dangerous

IMO, (and many others from what I have read) the family dynamic is a Cult. It is abnormal, alarming and dangerous

Yes it seems like it to me as well. I wish the daughters would wake up and realize that Heidi and papa have no problem throwing them under the bus. Sadly, they are learning the hard way. Well maybe not “learning” per se. But one day they will (hopefully) look back and realize how manipulated they were.

Weren’t her kids taken away from her again because she refused to keep them away from Heidi and Papa? She really needs to kick into mama bear mode, stat. Her parents clearly don’t have her, or her kids, best interests at heart. Otherwise they would have INSISTED she lived with the kids, separately from them.

It's curious that the father of the two children don't have them instead of them being placed in foster care. Interesting dynamic to be sure.

In one interesting comment on a March 21 post they complained about LE taking their books on Macrobiotics when they searched the house. They said LE was trying to use the books to accuse the parents of manslaughter.

That's IMO insane thinking unless they have different books than I ever owned. Recipes, the best way to bathe, wear 100% cotton would accuse them of manslaughter. Me thinks they had books we don't know about.

Oddly though about a year ago I was looking for books on macrobiotics at a popular book store here on South Street. None. Zippy. The owner was even a tad befuddled. Maybe all online now?

Weird.because we have a famous macrobiotic counselor here who opened a store in 1969. Also on South Street. It moved around the corner to bigger over the top digs.

Just thought I'd share because not one book in the store I used to get them at? Maybe that Italy bust made people rethink? Evanna's death will.

That's IMO insane thinking unless they have different books than I ever owned. Recipes, the best way to bathe, wear 100% cotton would accuse them of manslaughter. Me thinks they had books we don't know about.

Oddly though about a year ago I was looking for books on macrobiotics at a popular book store here on South Street. None. Zippy. The owner was even a tad befuddled. Maybe all online now?

Weird.because we have a famous macrobiotic counselor here who opened a store in 1969. Also on South Street. It moved around the corner to bigger over the top digs.

Just thought I'd share because not one book in the store I used to get them at? Maybe that Italy bust made people rethink? Evanna's death will.
IMO that was just more of the typical TB posturing - that everything LE did had nefarious goals and the family was laughing at their "ignorance" about macrobiotics and of course the mind-bending "discoveries" that refute the books' contents.

I believe the specific books they were referring to were written by George Oshawa, who Michio Kushi studied with in Japan.

And yes, why doesn't Tenji have custody of his own two kids? I've seen nothing that would bar him from having them. Did he try? Did Venuska interfere? Why on earth wouldn't she want at least two of her kids to live with their father?

I swear this family prefers the kids to be in foster care because it lets them complain about fraud and calumny. Those poor little kids. :(

Great find!! Who has $35,000 in cash in their house?
Who has 35K in cash in their house and no working automobile? Makes no sense! They had 7-10 adults at different times living in the house and not one working vehicle? Clearly finances were not an issue if they were able to keep 35,000 in cash in their home. They have no excuse for not having a vehicle to bring Evanna to the doctors or hospital in the weeks leading to her death.

Whoa. In 2018 Italy broke up what they called a psyhco cult that enslaved members by making them adhere to a macrobiotic diet.

Can't link but just Google macrobiotics cult.

Again I lived a macroobiotic lifestyle, but I wasn't in a cult. It's really difficult! I absolutely wouldn't put a child through it.

Looked further into this. The leader Mario Pianisi is suspected of killing his first wife by keeping her on Ma Pi exclusively.

Thanks all for thoughts on the books.

This guy specifically followed George Ohsawa (MsMarple) mentions. The teacher of Kushi who put his spin on it a bit. I only had books by Kushi.

As far as Tenji? Oddly on VT Twitter or Instagra (I confuse them). There's a photo outdoors of four young women. VT thanks @ whatever saying that pic is good. I followed the @ whatever and it belongs to Tenji????

I'll go look it up again because I can't link. I want my Chrome book back. Wah!

But yeah guy in Italy accused of killing wife by diet.

It is Instagram. Dated September 26. On VTB Instagram. The photo either is taken by Tenji or commented on by @tekushi.

I don't have instagram so have to scroll quick.

Sept. what year, but they do communicate.

It's curious that the father of the two children don't have them instead of them being placed in foster care. Interesting dynamic to be sure.
I haven't seen any mention of the father filing for custody since the children were removed. Going by the family's FB page they don't seem to think much of him. They complained that the last time he visited he left all his empty beer bottles behind.

If he had an established relationship with the kids or some kind of ongoing visitation with them he might have been given custody. DSS may have thought it better for the children to keep all the siblings together, rather than separate them.

Imo

Judges don't issue gag orders on their own. A party has to make a motion in open court for a confidentiality order and the other side has the opportunity to oppose it. So I seriously doubt that is what happened here. Judges don't sit around taking calls from members of the public about their cases. VTB likely voluntarily took the page down, either on the advice of counsel, or under threat from one of the people they have been making defamatory statements about. But my point earlier was that Facebook does not routinely take down pages (and they often fight these requests since they do not want to be responsible for policing what is on the platform) so I think this was "voluntary" (i.e. not court ordered).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998