Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

So very sad. Even though I suspected this kind of outcome I was hoping so much for her to be alive. She was a beautiful person. I think her life was remarkable and challenging and yes, I think she was driven to excel but she had such odds against her. How many figure skaters compete nationally and then become MDs with thriving practices, while also becoming (I would assume) proficient in classical guitar, remaining athletic and being a compassionate, warm, open-minded doctor that actually listens to people. And also experiencing an accident that must have been traumatic and terribly painful, that left her in critical condition!
What a terrible loss! I can't imagine how those close to her feel, and also the dog that was mentioned. I still cannot wrap my mind around this tragedy. Yes, may she rest in peace.

Can someone confirm exactly which pond she was found. The large pond that has the bridge going over, boats, and that building? Was it another smaller pond?
Clove Lake: Clove Lakes Park - Google Maps

Body of woman found in waters at Clove Lakes Park; believed to be missing doctor Tamara Saukin - silive.com
Police have roped off the body of water near the basketball courts, within feet of Victory Boulevard and Logan Avenue, where the discovery was presumably made. The pond is located next to the WWII Memorial Ice Skating Rink.

This is a longer piece and some patients have provided mixed reviews
Questions surround mysterious death of Staten Island doctor found in Clove Lakes Park

Ugh...this is so sad. So one patient said that everything seemed normal. And then two other patients said that Dr. Saukin seemed a bit off, but that she was still a great doctor. Clearly Dr. Saukin was a great person with a heart of gold, but she was hurting inside and felt the need to self-medicate. My heart hurts for her. Mental health is so important, and I wish Dr. Saukin could have found help before this had to happen. RIP.

Every year, more than 40,000 Americans commit suicide. And hundreds of thousands more are suicidal, but do not follow through. Some of those will seek treatment.

I'm glad to know that many people have never experienced or encountered such mental pain, but for those that do, suicide can definitely seem like the "way out." Mental illness is a real, biologically based illness and depression is very painful.

People who are also anxious, in addition to depressed, may be more likely to follow through with suicide...severe anxiety is really hard to tolerate...
I’m so worried about so many these terrible days - another promising beautiful life taken ...
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back