OK - Cops Try to ID Boy Abandoned at Wal-Mart by Fleeing Shoplifter

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY — Authorities are trying to identify a young boy left inside a store by a suspected shoplifter who fled the store when confronted by a store security officer, police said Wednesday.
The boy, who is about 2 or 3 years old, is apparently unable to identify himself, and no one has reported him missing, Sgt. Gary Knight said.
The boy has been in Department of Human Services custody since Friday, when he was left inside the Wal-Mart store on west Reno.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295065,00.html

they have had the kid since friday! where is his mom? he is so sweet looking. poor kid might be better off if the family dont show up.

That's awful. It looks like tears in his eyes in that picture. See how they look wet. Poor baby. I hope someone that loves him comes forward.

I agree it looks like he's crying. Poor angel!!!

Does anyone else think he looks older than 2 or 3? Wish I could see more/better pictures. It might help to identify him if he is older and not speaking because of a disability...or maybe he's just too traumatized.

What if the mom isn't coming forward b/c she's been kidnapped or killed? Or he's been taken out of state and has been missing for awhile so no one has put it together? Or he is missing from foster care?

My heart is breaking for him. He must be terrified.

Poor little guy. Some is more worried about their own hide to worry about this little guy being abandoned and scared.

I hope the rotten gets charged and jailed for making that little angel suffer.

Oh, what a sweetie. I have to say his teeth are in great condition-that's a good sign someone was taking care of him pretty well. Maybe a grandma was handling that part of his life.

I'm wondering if Dad had visitation on the weekend starting Friday, went shopp(lift)ing and is now lying to the real guardian (mother?) about where he is.

I'm just glad he's alive and hope someone recognizes him soon. :(

Oh, what a sweetie. I have to say his teeth are in great condition-that's a good sign someone was taking care of him pretty well. Maybe a grandma was handling that part of his life.

I'm wondering if Dad had visitation on the weekend starting Friday, went shopp(lift)ing and is now lying to the real guardian (mother?) about where he is.

I'm just glad he's alive and hope someone recognizes him soon. :(

I thought that about his teeth to, they are very white and in perfect condition, it looks like someone has taken good care of him. Hope they find his family soon. Poor baby.

SS the article you posted is the original one saying the boy is not identified..
I can't find the one you referred to.

How did this guy come to have the child with him??

Who was the man who abandoned him? And why didn't the family report him missing right away if the man was not a family member?

He is a real sweetie. I hope they are careful about who is allowed to take him places from here on out.

Here it is:

http://newsok.com/article/keyword/3113956/

The women said they were unaware of Bryan's situation until a friend, who saw a media report, called to alert them. Meanwhile, a woman who identified herself as the child's mother contacted DHS on Wednesday too, Leaver said. That woman was being interviewed by a child welfare worker the same night.

Well, that didn't clear things up very well! Maybe he's the mom's boyfriend?

I'm glad his examination didn't reveal any child abuse symptoms.

This one will be interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back