WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

His wait ended up being an hour. Prior to the Covid test, DH stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods to pick up Red Wing face masks that we ordered and paid for online. After the Covid test, DH went for his Friday swim, then called me from Nino's to make sure he wasn't forgetting something that we needed. I started worrying when he wasn't home within 10-15 minutes; turns out DH was rear-ended by a college student from New York.

Very little damage to DH's SUV, but young man's Jeep got crunched. They exchanged personal and insurance information, and the young man's father called about an hour later. He doesn't want to file an insurance claim, and DH said he was fine with settling once he knows how much his repairs will cost. The college student involved in the collision is finishing an internship here in Michigan and will be returning home shortly. DH isn't in a hurry to get his vehicle repaired and will take it in sometime next week. What a way to begin retirement :D

Oh for heaven's sake! I'm glad your husband's car wasn't badly damaged and no one was injured.

Replying to my own post with an update. My aunt has just died in hospital. She was sent home on Monday, deteriorated and went back in yesterday but was not able to recover. I dont have any more words right now, feeling shocked and devastated really by the unfairness of it all.

What dreadful news. I'm so sorry.

Unfairness is a major theme of the pandemic, IMO.

Hi Friends.....may I ask if anyone knows of an association of Bell's Palsy and
Covid-19.
I read and pray for everyone here. Hugs to all my WS friends.....Love, Lato

Lato, I haven't heard of an association between Covid-19 and Bell's palsy. However, I found references to cases of Bell's palsy in people who received the Pfizer vaccine.

CDC Will Monitor for Bell's Palsy Among Pfizer Vaccine Recipients, But Sees No Causal Relationship

There is a reference about this on p.6 of this FDA document (https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download) (BBM):
Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee Meeting
December 10, 2020
FDA Briefing Document
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

"The frequency of serious adverse events was low (<0.5%), without meaningful imbalances between study arms. Among non-serious unsolicited adverse events, there was a numerical imbalance of four cases of Bell’s palsy in the vaccine group compared with no cases in the placebo group, though the four cases in the vaccine group do not represent a frequency above that expected in the general population."

Replying to my own post with an update. My aunt has just died in hospital. She was sent home on Monday, deteriorated and went back in yesterday but was not able to recover. I dont have any more words right now, feeling shocked and devastated really by the unfairness of it all.

I'm very sorry for your loss, HongKongPhooey.

anneg....thank you so much for the information you gave me. I developed Bell's about a month ago and have been treated and seem to be back to normal.
Then a family member said that Bell's was one of those "side effects". Am negative and will watch for further information. Many thanks......Lato

SO sorry to hear of your loss, @HongKongPhooey .
images

anneg....thank you so much for the information you gave me. I developed Bell's about a month ago and have been treated and seem to be back to normal.
Then a family member said that Bell's was one of those "side effects". Am negative and will watch for further information. Many thanks......Lato

Glad to hear your treatment is working!

I ate half a potato tonight! A big potato! I might even eat a bit more if my sugars are still good. I didn't lose any weight today. I could stand to lose weight, but there is such a thing as severe malnourishment.
Last night was bad. Hopefully tonight I will sleep comfortably on a few calories and nutrients.

I ate half a potato tonight! A big potato! I might even eat a bit more if my sugars are still good. I didn't lose any weight today. I could stand to lose weight, but there is such a thing as severe malnourishment.
Last night was bad. Hopefully tonight I will sleep comfortably on a few calories and nutrients.

You definitely need to keep up strength as best as you can. I hope you feel better soon but I know you are having a rough time also after losing your dad. I’m so sorry you are going through this.

Please if you have time - place a quick prayer to your higher source for my brother-in-law. He is dying on a ventilator. My sister says he will be meeting their 16 year old son in heaven soon. She was admitted with covid a few days after he was. She’s been released but he was undergoing chemo at the time for a liver cancer so the doctors say to pray for a miracle. I believe. I believe. I believe. Please believe with me. Another sister is also just now recovering from covid. My granddaughter is back healthy. Two of my nephews have covid. My 83 year old mama fell and broke her foot. We can use all the love and prayers in the world for his nurses and doctors. He’s such a really really good human being. Thank you. ❤️

Please if you have time - place a quick prayer to your higher source for my brother-in-law. He is dying on a ventilator. My sister says he will be meeting their 16 year old son in heaven soon. She was admitted with covid a few days after he was. She’s been released but he was undergoing chemo at the time for a liver cancer so the doctors say to pray for a miracle. I believe. I believe. I believe. Please believe with me. Another sister is also just now recovering from covid. My granddaughter is back healthy. Two of my nephews have covid. My 83 year old mama fell and broke her foot. We can use all the love and prayers in the world for his nurses and doctors. He’s such a really really good human being. Thank you. ❤️
Prayers for your Brother in Law and his medical team. Miracles are happening and may his recovery be among them. Your family is enduring more than it’s fair share and certainly deserves some good news. Please keep us posted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back