Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering....What difference does it make if the car was locked or unlocked?

it would change the current speculation/theory as to whether there was foul play or the motive, such as whether AW abandoned it himself or what the motivation was if a third party was involved.

for instance, if the car was locked with the key fob inside, and the windows were closed, that would be highly...unusual. I would think that means a second key fob was used, but AW was driving a loaner car.

The media/links page only mentions one article where the brother Tim says that the car was found in "good condition" and locked.

I haven't really followed this topic recently so I don't know if any new info was revealed or theories changed.

JMO, speculation only.

it would change the current speculation/theory as to whether there was foul play or the motive, such as whether AW abandoned it himself or what the motivation was if a third party was involved.

for instance, if the car was locked with the key fob inside, and the windows were closed, that would be highly...unusual. I would think that means a second key fob was used, but AW was driving a loaner car.

The media/links page only mentions one article where the brother Tim says that the car was found in "good condition" and locked.

I haven't really followed this topic recently so I don't know if any new info was revealed or theories changed.

JMO, speculation only.

ok fair point. I guess in my mind, foul play was definitely involved so it’s irrelevant.

MOO

Is it possible that the reason the car was left there with the key inside was that someone was hoping it would get stolen and chopped up before it was found by police? Maybe a second-best alternative to getting totally rid of the car by driving it into a lake.

I just keep thinking though.. isn’t it the same type of folks that would carjack, rob, assault etc. that would also at some point likely have connections to or have learned to strip a car themselves?
Not saying car stripping is equitable to murder please don’t get me wrong with what I’m trying to communicate, just that if it was a stranger and money motivated, I feel like the fancy car would have been a huge compelling force.

a thread I have followed on here, pregnant Kassandra Cantrell, was murdered and her car dropped at a sketchy spot with keys left in them as her secret lover had hoped someone would discover and take the car obscuring the evidence. Moo

I tried that with my Mercedes GLK. I had forgotten I put the spare set of keys in the car. When I came out of the store my car was still unlocked since the other keys were inside.
Weird- mine works. I can lock a FOB in the car with another fob but in no other way when the key is inside.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the reason the car was left there with the key inside was that someone was hoping it would get stolen and chopped up before it was found by police? Maybe a second-best alternative to getting totally rid of the car by driving it into a lake.

Leaving it in a bad part of town with hopes of it being stolen would be much easier than trying to drive it into a lake.

Weird- mine works. I can lock a FOB in the car with another fob but in no other way when the key is inside.

1) IF it is the case that the only way to lock a Porsche with a key fob in the vehicle is by activating another key fob outside the vehicle (as opposed to hitting the driver side door lock button where you could easily lock in your own keys accidentally). (Still not clear... is this the case???)
2) and IF Tim was right that the fob was locked in
3) that would certainly raise questions about how the fob got locked in.

note: I am still not understanding if 1 is true. At all.
Note 2: I don’t even know if this is true in my own car. But My non Porsche keyless ignition key fob started acting up this winter. After dropping kids at school in AM, car starts alerting me fob has left the vehicle. Locking and other functions from fob won’t work if fob is cold. But probably not relevant in Texas in October. Jmo

It's been my experience that whenever I have had a loaner car, I was only given one key/fob. Why would Alan have two fobs if it was a loaner car?
That's what I am thinking. I don't think a Keyless entry keyfob was locked in the car at all. It would have required having a second one which, on a loaner, wouldn't be the case. All 4 cars (not Porsches unfortunately) in our driveway going back to 2009 have them and you can't lock any of the keyfobs inside, even manually pressing the locks, so long as the keyfob battery is not dead.

Wait, so are you telling me that while my partner and I are asleep in our car “camping” (we still set up our tent to store misc gear lol) that our car is not actually locked because we have the fob inside????
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
No, because you can lock it from inside with the door closed. If you hit the lock then close the door with the fob inside it will likely unlock then.

No, because you can lock it from inside with the door closed. If you hit the lock then close the door with the fob inside it will likely unlock then.
Yes- if the doors are closed you can lock the car from the inside, not relevant here because nobody was inside.

I don't think it matters IMHO. We don't know for sure what sort of system the car had at all or if the reports about it being locked or with keys inside are even accurate.

All available evidence suggests Allen was on his way home, not on his way to where his car was found. He went to the gym, left heading in the direction of home, stopped for gas near his home, and left that lot in the direction of his home; where he had house quests and a conference call. Since he never made it home and there is almost nothing that could have stopped him inside that car, he was interrupted on that path. He is not the person who left the car where it was found. This is what happens when there is a carjacking.

Even if he got a call for something (e.g. meet me here really quick), he wouldn't have driven his car so far from home that there was no chance he was going to make his meeting, as well as then suddenly stop answering his phone. This is what happens when you get carjacked.

Absent the use of his bank cards or credit cards, everything IMO points to a carjacking on the short stretch from the gas station to his home.

Remains are very difficult to locate even if no attempt is made to hide them as many have seen on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge