TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just anecdotal, and based on memories of previous missing cases, but I would like to see the current search radius expanded, if possible.

There have been some recoveries from a relatively short distance outside the established search zone.
Imo

Search continues for missing Texas State student Jason Landry | khou.com

•Scent dogs led searchers to a pond not far from where the car crashed.
•Search team members said several searchers will canvass everything within a two-mile radius of the crash.

I know that doesn’t answer your question exactly, but it gives us an idea

Search continues for missing Texas State student Jason Landry | khou.com

Ken Landry said there is someone who knows what happened to his son and is pleading for anyone with information about what happened to come forward.

I feel like that statement implies more than a car wreck. Thoughts?

very strange statement. Once again public gonna have small amount info. Who knows if he was having problems w someone at school? Did they follow him? Was he on the wrong road?

This case caught my attention because I used to live close by. I can't imagine the pain the family is going through and hope and pray they find him soon. Just a few questions that have come to mind: I noticed the barbed wire fencing along the road where his car was found. From what I've read and heard, it's pitch dark (meaning completely dark) on that road at night and if he didn't have a flashlight (assuming) with him, how would he have been able to see anything at all? Did he walk into the fencing and if so, did he try to climb over it (wouldn't it have cut him)? Would he have possibly been able to get into the fields that way? I read that dogs tracked his scent to an abandoned house nearby and also a quarter of a mile down the road (towards Luling) but how did he make it that far in complete darkness, especially if he was was in shock or confused. The only thing I can think of is maybe his headlights were still on and that was his only light source for a limited area. So many questions.

The search continued for Jason Landry. It has been a difficult week for all involved. Local authorities are working hard and the TEXSAR team is out in full force today.

A huge thank you to the TEXSAR members that have traveled from all over the State throughout the week to support this case. The Landry family remains heavy on our hearts. We continue to stay positive as we move forward.

My simple theory of what happened: Jason got into a single vehicle crash, perhaps to avoid an animal (if there was another car involved, LE would know. Those kinds of incidents are easy to discern from tire tracks). He had a head injury and likely was in shock and disoriented, which explains why he didn’t retrieve his phone from under the seat. He exited the car, and started walking down the road. He came across a house, and knocked on the door for help, but unfortunately discovered that it was abandoned, so kept walking. If he had a concussion and was not thinking clearly, he may have made his way to the pond to drink some water. I think there’s a chance they may still find him near the pond if he passed out/lay down in a field to rest. JMO. This reminds me of the very sad case of Selena Not Afraid (Found Deceased - MT - Selina (Selena) Not Afraid, 16, I-90 rest area between Billings & Hardin, 1 Jan 2020). She was found 20 days after she went missing, close to where she was last seen, after a number of searches had already taken place. They were doing a “systematic grid search”. I truly hope it doesn’t take 20 days for this family to find answers but MOO these searches don’t always find results right away :(

Search continues for missing Texas State student who crashed car while returning home from school

County officials told the Statesman his car went off the road and spun out, though it’s unclear what caused the crash.

“The car got off the road and spun around, and the back driver-side trunk, bumper and the side of the car took most of the impact,” Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Sgt. Deon Cockrell said in an interview.

Landry is believed to have left the scene of the crash on foot. Multiple law enforcement agencies have conducted ground and air searches all week and have yet to locate him.

We don’t know if he got out alive, or he walked it out,” Cockrell told the Statesman. “We’re still actively searching at this time.”

This case caught my attention because I used to live close by. I can't imagine the pain the family is going through and hope and pray they find him soon. Just a few questions that have come to mind: I noticed the barbed wire fencing along the road where his car was found. From what I've read and heard, it's pitch dark (meaning completely dark) on that road at night and if he didn't have a flashlight (assuming) with him, how would he have been able to see anything at all? Did he walk into the fencing and if so, did he try to climb over it (wouldn't it have cut him)? Would he have possibly been able to get into the fields that way? I read that dogs tracked his scent to an abandoned house nearby and also a quarter of a mile down the road (towards Luling) but how did he make it that far in complete darkness, especially if he was was in shock or confused. The only thing I can think of is maybe his headlights were still on and that was his only light source for a limited area. So many questions.
Good point about the headlights. I hadn’t thought about that.

My simple theory of what happened: Jason got into a single vehicle crash, perhaps to avoid an animal (if there was another car involved, LE would know. Those kinds of incidents are easy to discern from tire tracks). He had a head injury and likely was in shock and disoriented, which explains why he didn’t retrieve his phone from under the seat. He exited the car, and started walking down the road. He came across a house, and knocked on the door for help, but unfortunately discovered that it was abandoned, so kept walking. If he had a concussion and was not thinking clearly, he may have made his way to the pond to drink some water. I think there’s a chance they may still find him near the pond if he passed out/lay down in a field to rest. JMO. This reminds me of the very sad case of Selena Not Afraid (Found Deceased - MT - Selina (Selena) Not Afraid, 16, I-90 rest area between Billings & Hardin, 1 Jan 2020). She was found 20 days after she went missing, close to where she was last seen, after a number of searches had already taken place. They were doing a “systematic grid search”. I truly hope it doesn’t take 20 days for this family to find answers but MOO these searches don’t always find results right away :(
There would be zero light. He wouldn’t be able to see his hand in front of his face. Maybe he started walking after sun came up. I can’t remember what time trooper found vehicle. So bizarre. I do agree w head injury.
Oh someone mentioned headlights. But would they still be working? Idk

In areas with no houses or street lights, the moon can provide a surprising amount of light once you are used to being outside for a minute or so. I live in a community that restricts outdoor lighting and I'm surprised how much moonlight there is some nights when I walk the dogs.

But this accident happened during the time of the new moon, so there wasn't even moonlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie