Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an interesting way you might be able to lock a key inside a car with a fob. I know it works like this on a Prius, as I was the person tasked to bring the spare fob. Leave the fob in the car. Hit the lock button. Shut the door so the first last catches but the second does not (the door would be ajar). The Prius remained locked. Call someone to bring spare key. While waiting, push the door so it's no longer ajar. At that time, the car unlocks because they fob is inside. Call the person bringing the spare fob and tell them the fob isn't needed.

Or, if as stated, the car was wet inside the car could have been locked with the fob while a window was down slightly (or the sunroof open at least partway) and the fob thrown inside after the car was locked. This would likely not unlock the car.

We have an Audi A5 and a my husband a few months back was hurrying to catch the train to work and left the key in the car. When he checked the Audi app on his phone his car was unlocked so he locked it on the app and unlocked it the same way when he returned to the car.

The car wouldn't have started without the key being present but it's certainly possible to lock and unlock an Audi if your phone is linked to it.

Just to add to the key convo:
I have a 2016 chevy malibu. Chevrolet has a phone app. I can lock/unlock among a lot of other things from the phone application. I have left my keys inside and in the ignition and locked my doors via the phone.

Just to add to the key convo:
I have a 2016 chevy malibu. Chevrolet has a phone app. I can lock/unlock among a lot of other things from the phone application. I have left my keys inside and in the ignition and locked my doors via the phone.
My Volvo has the same. But I cannot imagine someone connecting a loaner vehicle to the app, much less being able to do so.

Bizarre how there are no recent updates. There's gotta be information LE or the family have behind the scenes. Surveillance video on any of the roads leading away from the Racetrak station or near where the car was found? Gotta be something they know to be this quiet and not have searches going on. My opinion.

Wasn't it stated several threads ago that the car had a moonroof, and that it was found open? The seats were said to be wet, as well. I was thinking that the car could have been locked, and the key fob was thrown in through the moonroof. The car sat, it rained, and the interior got wet as a result.

Wasn't it stated several threads ago that the car had a moonroof, and that it was found open? The seats were said to be wet, as well. I was thinking that the car could have been locked, and the key fob was thrown in through the moonroof. The car sat, it rained, and the interior got wet as a result.
If someone said that, it was an expressed thought. We do not know if the car had a moonroof, or if the windows were up or down, or how the seats got wet.

We know few facts in this case, including whether or not anyone has even searched for Alan. Very frustrating IMO.

I just wish there was some news on this case. Something new we could discuss here that is relevant and leans to some sort direction. Chewing on old info is getting tougher and tougher.
You're not kidding. We're now up to 3 pages of comments just about the key, and was it found locked in the car or not.

I just wish there was some news on this case. Something new we could discuss here that is relevant and leans to some sort direction. Chewing on old info is getting tougher and tougher.
okay - how about we really take a micro look at the surrounding area where the car was found. Crime rates, types of businesses, and so forth. Maybe we can deduce something from those compiled stats?
(No naming of specific businesses, just "type")

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hi Everyone! I’ve been following Alan’s case almost since the beginning but this is my first time posting...
I was looking for the gas station footage to see if the moonroof was visible and in my image search came across the missing flyer, which is the same wording as the page one article one of this thread , 2020 Porsche Macan. Unfortunately I haven’t worked out how to insert a pic, but I’m determined to!
I would be keen to know if that is Alan’s loaner car now for sale and if I were a little closer to Dallas I would ask for a test drive to take a little snoop through.
Praying for Alan’s safe return, everyday

MOO

Attachments

• 415AFC94-B43A-4C54-AA15-537F2F664AD6.jpeg
    415AFC94-B43A-4C54-AA15-537F2F664AD6.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 52
I was looking for the gas station footage to see if the moonroof was visible and in my image search came across the missing flyer, which is the same wording as the page one article one of this thread , 2020 Porsche Macan.

The "flyer" posted above was created and distributed by Alan's family in the earlier stages not by DPD.

DPD states 2019 is the car's year as does the interview done a few days ago with Detective Barnes:
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

At this point I'm sure DPD has verified many details in this case so I am going to take their word on the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member