Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sweden the first vaccinations against the covid-19 virus will begun on December 26. The first groups that will be vaccinated are people living at special care housing for elderly; caretakers and nursing staff at special care housing and/or elderly nursed in their own homes; and also adults living with elderly who has home care/nursing in their homes. That's about 600,000 people. After those groups it will be others working in the health care sector (hospitals, health care centres), and then adults over the age of 18, and children in risk groups. It's expected that everyone will be offered to get vaccinated before July 1, in an other article I saw the date April 30.
Så ska vaccineringen gå till - DN.SE

Still wondering when/if the US will bridge results and allow children to be vaccinated. One vaccine the US purchased was tested on children IIRC is in the queue.. guess we have to wait for that one to be allowed under EUA unless FDA allows bridging?

Does anyone know?

Last edited:
@MikeDelMoro (MSNBC)

NEWS: Trump administration announces new deal with Pfizer. The company will deliver “at least 70 million doses by June 30, 2021, with the balance of the 100 million doses to be delivered no later than July 31, 2021.

I cannot fathom if it's projected 30 million in one month to vaccinate.

Does anyone have a site that is doing daily tracking of how many have been vaccinated in the last week? This is the only one I have found, but would rather have a bookmark for something like Johns Hopkins etc vs. MSM updates/non updates. TIA.

MAP: per-state vaccination numbers across the country

OK, I found this CDC site updated 12/21, two days ago. COVID-19 Cases, Deaths, and Trends in the US | CDC COVID Data Tracker It appears that 13% of those delivered have been administered since rollout.
  1. 614,000 were administered so far in over a week,
  2. 4,624,325 distributed.

Would love to see a Johns Hopkins type of day to day tracker iykwim.

• Total doses distributed are cumulative counts of COVID-19 vaccine doses recorded as shipped in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Vaccine Tracking System (VTrckS) since December 13, 2020. Cumulative totals reflect data available as of 9:00am ET on the day of reporting.
  • Total doses administered are cumulative counts of individual COVID-19 vaccine doses as reported to the CDC by state, territorial, and local public health agencies and five federal entities (Bureau of Prisons, Veterans Administration, Department of Defense, Department of State, and Indian Health Services) since December 14, 2020. Cumulative doses administered reflect current data available as of 9:00am ET on the day of reporting.

Last edited:
Dr. Maria spoke to Santa. Santa is immune. She talked about world leaders have told them that the international space is open to Santa. (as has Dr. Fauci published such also) World Health Organization has a release re Santa Claus :D

Last edited:
BioNTech CEO confident vaccine will work on UK variant

BERLIN (AP) — German pharmaceutical company BioNTech is confident that its coronavirus vaccine works against the new UK variant, but further studies are needed to be completely sure, its chief executive said Tuesday.

Sahin said that the proteins on the UK variant are 99% the same as on the prevailing strains, and therefore BioNTech has “scientific confidence” that its vaccine will be effective.

“But we will know it only if the experiment is done and we will need about two weeks from now to get the data,” he said. “The likelihood that our vaccine works ... is relatively high.”

Should the vaccine need to be adjusted for the new variant the company could do so in about 6 weeks, Sahin said, though regulators might have to approve the changes before the shots can be used.

Having to adjust the vaccine would be a blow for the rollout of immunization campaigns and the effort to rein in the pandemic that has so far killed more than 1.7 million people worldwide.

Dr. Maria spoke to Santa. Santa is immune. She talked about world leaders have told them that the international space is open to Santa. (as has Dr. Fauci published such also) World Health Organization has a release re Santa Claus :D

Lol!!!

Yes, Dr. Fauci and Dr. Sanjay Gupta released the same message, as did someone else, can’t remember who...

Thanks for posting Dr. Maria, look fwd to watching. :)

Last edited:
Ok. Now I am worried about Trevor Lawrence!
("Sunshine") from Cartersville GA.
He had Covid a few months ago. Something like what happened to Keyontae Johnson would almost certainly be a career ender for him.
He just graduated from Clemson last weekend!
MOO
Clemson's Trevor Lawrence reflects on COVID-19 isolation, return to field, NFL future
Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence helps create local relief fund for coronavirus victimstrevor-lawrence-clemson.jpg

Lol!!!

Yes, Dr. Fauci and Dr. Sanjay Gupta released the same message, as did someone else, can’t remember who...

The above mentioned piece was so goofy I deleted it...I guess I’ll repost it LOL.

Thanks for posting Dr. Maria, look fed to watching. :)

Dr. Fauci Saves Christmas By Inoculating Santa With COVID Vaccine

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/CNNSesameStreet?src=hashtag_click

... Santa's Now Good To Go!!!
5f35d4c35cf54b549bf29047bc058228_md.jpg

Dr. Anthony Fauci has saved Xmas by making a secret sojourn to the North Pole ... armed with the COVID vaccine.

Last edited:
I think this is good news and that it also shows Dr. Birx's good character. She knows her behavior damaged her credibility and thus her ability to do a vital important job.

Though she is under no pressure to leave, she takes corrective action herself. My guess is that she is going to withdraw herself from public appearances and slip out as soon as Biden has a good replacement.

Lol!!!

Thanks for posting Dr. Maria, look fed to watching. :)

Dr. Fauci Saves Christmas By Inoculating Santa With COVID Vaccine

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/CNNSesameStreet?src=hashtag_click

Dr. Anthony Fauci has saved Xmas by making a secret sojourn to the North Pole ... armed with the COVID vaccine.

Last edited:
Restaurateur who survived COVID-19, feeds his community gets surprise from TODAY

chef-covid-19-te-inline2-201214_2beb1fd5109d151cde742a86d9e5f6a7.fit-760w.jpg

Green opened his restaurant just months before the coronavirus pandemic.

He opened the restaurant in Newark, New Jersey just months before the pandemic hit. Aimed at providing a feeling of "something nostalgic," the small business had to close for a month when Green was diagnosed with coronavirus and spent three weeks in the hospital.

"We weren't able to generate any revenue," Green explained. "It made me feel like my dream was over. But I was also afraid for my life. … I (was) reaching out to various family members via FaceTime and I kind of said my goodbyes."

chef-covid-19-te-inline-201214_2beb1fd5109d151cde742a86d9e5f6a7.fit-760w.jpg

Green provides up to a thousand meals a week with his partnership.

In the end, Green pulled through, and made himself a promise to help his community during the pandemic. He launched "Willie's Day," a gigantic neighborhood barbecue that would serve as a farewell to his restaurant.

"I cleaned out my savings to do all of that," Green explained. "I knew that possibly this (was) going to be my last hurrah for my restaurant. So if I'm going to go out, I'm definitely going to go out with a bang."

chef-covid-19-te-inline3-201214_2beb1fd5109d151cde742a86d9e5f6a7.fit-760w.jpg

Green was overcome with emotion after being gifted a van by Ford Motor Company.

Instead of being an ending, "Willie's Day" was a beginning: Green was able to connect with Newark Working Kitchens, an organization that works with World Central Kitchen to pay restaurants to serve meals to people in need.

"It was like everything aligned," Green said. "The skies parted, the light came down, and my restaurant was saved."

Last edited:

This made me tear up. I’m on day 15 of being sick and the mental toll has been the hardest. Every day I have to hide any fears I have and deal with the fears of my 4 kids who think they are going to die. On top of that, I’m doing my absolute best to keep the Christmas magic alive, which includes wrapping presents with the last bit of energy I hadve and buying a ridiculously priced ham through Instacart so we can have some semblance of a Christmas dinner. Needless to say, I’m very excited to share this article with the kiddos to hopefully put their little minds at ease, if only for a short time.

This made me tear up. I’m on day 15 of being sick and the mental toll has been the hardest. Every day I have to hide any fears I have and deal with the fears of my 4 kids who think they are going to die. On top of that, I’m doing my absolute best to keep the Christmas magic alive, which includes wrapping presents with the last bit of energy I hadve and buying a ridiculously priced ham through Instacart so we can have some semblance of a Christmas dinner. Needless to say, I’m very excited to share this article with the kiddos to hopefully put their little minds at ease, if only for a short time.

( ❤️ )

So sorry that you have fallen ill over the holidays. Da*& it.

Does your family follow NORAD site live tracking Christmas? If you have never done before, HIGHLY recommend. Santa visits so many countries through 24 hours, and when he lands in a country it give background and highlights of such. It is extremely cool, and it has a fabulous background as NORAD took it over due to a misplaced call long ago if you want to google, This is the tracker which starts in the US the day before, yet can be followed by anyone all over the world. Official NORAD Santa Tracker

Background on it at North American Aerospace Defense Command > About NORAD > NORAD Tracks Santa

Since it is government site, no issue to post due to government issue doesn't fall under copy rite... here it is...

"24 hours a day, 365 days a year, NORAD tracks everything that flies in and around North America in defense of our homelands. On Dec. 24, we have the very special mission of also tracking Santa.

NORAD has been tracking Santa since 1955 when a young child accidently dialed the unlisted phone number of the Continental Air Defense Command (CONAD) Operations Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, believing she was calling Santa Claus after seeing a promotion in a local newspaper.

Air Force Colonel Harry Shoup, the commander on duty that night, was quick to realize a mistake had been made, and assured the youngster that CONAD would guarantee Santa a safe journey from the North Pole.

Thus a tradition was born that rolled over to NORAD when it was formed in 1958. Each year since, NORAD has dutifully reported Santa's location on Dec. 24 to millions across the globe.

Thanks to the services and resources generously provided by numerous corporate contributors and volunteers, NORAD Tracks Santa has persevered for more than 60 years.

Though the program began due to a misdialed number, NORAD Tracks Santa has flourished and is recognized as one of the Department of Defense's largest community outreach programs.

Each year, the NORAD Tracks Santa Web Site receives nearly fifteen million unique visitors from more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Volunteers receive more than 130,000 calls to the NORAD Tracks Santa hotline from children around the globe.

This year, children and the young-at-heart are able to track Santa through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.

For more information about NORAD Tracks Santa, please visit www.noradsanta.org
For more information about NORAD, please visit www.norad.mil

Last edited:

I feel emotional reading your story! Thanks for sharing and let us know how your doing....Enjoy that nice ham dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member