LA - Quawan Charles, 15, found deceased in field, left home with unk. woman, Loreauville 2 Nov 2020

I feel he was under the influence of some foreign substance for him to fall face down in a puddle. MOO

I absolutely agree. The friend's parent who picked him up and drove him 20 miles away to their home and then let him leave alone (if that's what happened) is both negligent and reckless, and hopefully brought up on some serious charges. I know LE got statements from the friend, who claimed he walked out of house without saying where he was going? But what if anything, has been reported as to what the mother said? What were the plans -- a playdate and dinner, a sleepover? Was mom too high to remember?

Be stupid with your own kids, but don't take license with others. This case really pisses me off.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m feeling terrible for his family, they are victims to this situation and trying to make sense of it from the experiences they’ve lived and they deserve compassion, understanding and support.
They’re not twisting this as some plot, they genuinely believe somethings wrong here and that sucks, my heart is hurting for them.

The “death of a body” press release was especially demeaning, cringey and made me very uneasy, I would be appalled too if that was my son they were talking about, there was no compassion there whatsoever

Last edited:
Candlelight vigil planned in honor of Quawan Charles

I can't find footage or news from this vigil on msm.

I'm sure LE is still waiting on toxicology. Even still, I can't believe that news of this sweet boy's death has gone silent.

I get it that the family is furious with law enforcement and accusing them of being racial biased. But LE's been trained to brush off emotion and investigate on behalf of the victim. I hope they're still doing that.

I absolutely agree. The friend's parent who picked him up and drove him 20 miles away to their home and then let him leave alone (if that's what happened) is both negligent and reckless, and hopefully brought up on some serious charges. I know LE got statements from the friend, who claimed he walked out of house without saying where he was going? But what if anything, has been reported as to what the mother said? What were the plans -- a playdate and dinner, a sleepover? Was mom too high to remember?

Be stupid with your own kids, but don't take license with others. This case really pisses me off.

<modsnip>
This is especially sad, because it seems he would have been better off running with 'the wrong crowd' The parents were trying everything to keep him safe and on the right track. My heart hurts for them. Their worse nightmare ever has come true, and there's no waking up from it. I don't understand how the adult who picked him up hasn't been charged for that. MOO

This is especially sad, because it seems he would have been better off running with 'the wrong crowd' The parents were trying everything to keep him safe and on the right track. My heart hurts for them. Their worse nightmare ever has come true, and there's no waking up from it. I don't understand how the adult who picked him up hasn't been charged for that. MOO
In their last statement, LE said they had interviewed the family and would continue "tracking" them. I thought I read that the woman had a court date about another issue in early December. I wonder if she ever showed up for that.

LE may be waiting for the final autopsy report to see if the findings match their story. They would have either admitted or denied giving drugs to minor children, or given conflicting statements about the circumstances.

Also, the 17 year old friend who picked him up may have been part of the wrong crowd Quawan had been involved with. It would be interesting to know if the mother was aware that Quwaan's parents didn't want him associating with him anymore, if that was the case.

Imo

In their last statement, LE said they had interviewed the family and would continue "tracking" them. I thought I read that the woman had a court date about another issue in early December. I wonder if she ever showed up for that.

LE may be waiting for the final autopsy report to see if the findings match their story. They would have either admitted or denied giving drugs to minor children, or given conflicting statements about the circumstances.

Also, the 17 year old friend who picked him up may have been part of the wrong crowd Quawan had been involved with. It would be interesting to know if the mother was aware that Quwaan's parents didn't want him associating with him anymore, if that was the case.

Imo

My understanding was that the boy (& mother) that picked him up from his father's house was part of the "wrong crowd" that Quawan's mom was trying to distance him from.

Do we have a VI here to confirm?

My understanding was that the boy (& mother) that picked him up from his father's house was part of the "wrong crowd" that Quawan's mom was trying to distance him from.

Do we have a VI here to confirm?
No, there is no VI here that I know of.

We have just 'speculated' that the friend was one of the kids his parents didn't want him associating with, since he lived in the area they moved from.

We know that they had likely been friends for a few years, since Quawan bought his dog from the family, according to his father.

But as far as I know the family has never identified the friend as being part of the "wrong crowd" they spoke about.

I'm thinking the friend and his mother had not been to the father's house before, since Quawan was waiting for them in the front yard and had to show them where to pull into the driveway.
Imo

Last edited:
"Attorneys for the family of 15-year-old Quawan Charles say newly-revealed audio implicates Janet Irvin, allegedly the last woman to see him alive, in the teenager's death, CBS News' Jericka Duncan reports.

Quawan had disappeared on October 30, and his body was found a few days later on November 3 in a sugar cane field, 30 minutes from his home.

The family's lawyers say the audio, obtained exclusively by "CBS This Morning," is Janet Irvin admitting to a private investigator that she did not call police right after she realized Quawan Charles had run away from her home.

"Yes, I should have called the cops. I should have went further," Irvin says on the audio recording.

Irvin and her 17-year-old son are allegedly two of the last people to see the 15-year-old alive. Now, his family attorneys are calling for her arrest.

"I get off of work at like noon, Friday. So, we go out to Baldwin. We pick him up," Irvin can be heard saying.

Surveillance video appears to show Irvin picked Quawan up outside his father's house in Baldwin, Louisiana on October 30 — the day his parents reported him missing.

In the audio recording, Irvin's son tells a private investigator that he and Quawan did drugs at Irvin's home.

"Did he smoke something, or did he, I mean…?" the investigator can be heard asking.

Irvin's son replied, "Yeah, he smoked some weed. That was it."

Ronald Haley and Chase Trichell, attorneys for the Charles family, believe there is enough evidence to arrest Irvin on "a slew of charges."

New audio implicates last woman to see teen Quawan Charles before he was found dead, lawyers say

More at link including video

"Attorneys for the family of 15-year-old Quawan Charles say newly-revealed audio implicates Janet Irvin, allegedly the last woman to see him alive, in the teenager's death, CBS News' Jericka Duncan reports.

Quawan had disappeared on October 30, and his body was found a few days later on November 3 in a sugar cane field, 30 minutes from his home.

The family's lawyers say the audio, obtained exclusively by "CBS This Morning," is Janet Irvin admitting to a private investigator that she did not call police right after she realized Quawan Charles had run away from her home.

"Yes, I should have called the cops. I should have went further," Irvin says on the audio recording.

Irvin and her 17-year-old son are allegedly two of the last people to see the 15-year-old alive. Now, his family attorneys are calling for her arrest.

"I get off of work at like noon, Friday. So, we go out to Baldwin. We pick him up," Irvin can be heard saying.

Surveillance video appears to show Irvin picked Quawan up outside his father's house in Baldwin, Louisiana on October 30 — the day his parents reported him missing.

In the audio recording, Irvin's son tells a private investigator that he and Quawan did drugs at Irvin's home.

"Did he smoke something, or did he, I mean…?" the investigator can be heard asking.

Irvin's son replied, "Yeah, he smoked some weed. That was it."

Ronald Haley and Chase Trichell, attorneys for the Charles family, believe there is enough evidence to arrest Irvin on "a slew of charges."

New audio implicates last woman to see teen Quawan Charles before he was found dead, lawyers say

More at link including video
Thanks for posting that. It's appalling that Irvin didn't call police or even Quawan's parents when she realized he was missing.

I wonder if it's true that Quawan and the friend only smoked weed. It's still a mystery how he ended up dead in the drainage ditch. It just doesn't make sense.

Thanks for posting that. It's appalling that Irvin didn't call police or even Quawan's parents when she realized he was missing.

I wonder if it's true that Quawan and the friend only smoked weed. It's still a mystery how he ended up dead in the drainage ditch. It just doesn't make sense.

Yes, this makes zero sense.

Something was going on in that house. Weed laced with something? If so, why was her son not effected? That mother should not only be brought up on a ton of severe charges, but she should also lose custody of her own child. Disgusting.

This weed ain't our grandmom's weed, but still it is really doubtful a kid would run.away from a house he can party at!

Something frightened this poor kid. She KNEW he left and did nothing. Why didn't his pal go with him?

So much of these drugs out there are getting laced with nasty stuff. Coroners here that do tox screens can't even believe it.

Yet she.is alive. Her old man is alive. Her kid is alive. Alive enough to beat feet and highball it outta town.

Quawan's family.has to be beyond grief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will_D
Back