AR - Five dead at residence in Atkins on Christmas Day in suspected murder-suicide, 25 DEC 2020

uburoi1

Reaction score
Five people were found dead at a residence in Atkins, Arkansas, on Christmas Day in a suspected homicide.

The bodies were found by deputies about 5:15 p.m. on Pine Ridge Road, according to the Pope County Sheriff's Office. The sheriff's office said it believes all five were relatives.

An investigation is ongoing into the suspected homicide.

Atkins, a town of about 3,000 people, is in central Arkansas, about 70 miles northwest of Little Rock.​

5 killed in Arkansas in suspected homicide on Christmas

Precious little info out there right now. They were found about 15 hours ago, apparently after LE received a call about “possible victims”.

Police investigating a possible homicide involving multiple victims in Pope County | 5newsonline.com
From the above article:
Deputies first received a call at 5:14 p.m. stating possible victims were located at a residence on Pine Ridge Road near Atkins.

From this article below that was posted earlier:
5 killed in Arkansas in suspected homicide on Christmas Day
The sheriff's office said it believes all five were relatives.
AND
Atkins, a town of about 3,000 people, is in central Arkansas, about 70 miles northwest of Little Rock.

The call was made at 5:14 pm on Christmas Day, and LE discovered the victims at 5:15 pm, just a minute later. That is a quick response time, and it IS a small town so easy to account for I think.

What an unspeakable tragedy.
I can imagine a murder/suicide scenario.
With so many deceased, it may take LE/ME awhile to sort through it all.
So many lives affected by this carnage on Christmas Day, and we have seen it before unfortunately. God bless them all.

It's strange that LE happened to get a call for a welfare check at this particular residence. Or if you could call it a welfare check. So who called and how did they know? Sounds familial. Not enough gifts, maybe?!

From the below linked article: "Police also revealed guns were involved and the ages of the victims range from eight years old to 50 years old."

It makes me wonder if it was a murder-suicide type of situation and if someone unable to reach the family called police for a welfare check. Very tragic.

Five people dead at Arkansas home on Christmas day | thv11.com

From the below linked article: "Police also revealed guns were involved and the ages of the victims range from eight years old to 50 years old."

It makes me wonder if it was a murder-suicide type of situation and if someone unable to reach the family called police for a welfare check. Very tragic.

Five people dead at Arkansas home on Christmas day | thv11.com

I was so hoping no children were involved, but with the number of victims, I figured it was a possibility. This is horrible.

The area shown in the link appears to be fairly rural.

5 women, girls found dead at Arkansas home in apparent homicide

Police reported to the scene on Friday night after a family member visited the home in Atkins, Arkansas, and found the five dead bodies, according to the Pope County Sheriff's Office.

While they have not identified a suspect, they do not believe anyone is at large. The suspect is believed to be among the dead, Pope County Sheriff Shane Jones said at a press conference Saturday afternoon.

(bbm)

5 women, girls found dead at Arkansas home in apparent homicide

Police reported to the scene on Friday night after a family member visited the home in Atkins, Arkansas, and found the five dead bodies, according to the Pope County Sheriff's Office.

While they have not identified a suspect, they do not believe anyone is at large. The suspect is believed to be among the dead, Pope County Sheriff Shane Jones said at a press conference Saturday afternoon.

(bbm)
So the shooter was a female too?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member