Identified! MT - Missoula Co, 'Chryssie Crystal Creek' AsianFem 3UFMT, 20-35, Sep'85 Janet Lee Lucas

Only unidentified victim of Missoula's "suspected" serial killer, Wayne Nance
Only unidentified victim of Missoula's "suspected" serial killer, Wayne Nance
Angela Marshall ABC FOX Montana
Feb 17, 2020 Updated Feb 17, 2020

MISSOULA - She's known as "Jane Doe 3UFMT."

Her real name, though, is unknown.

In our new episode of "Montana Murder Mysteries," ABC FOX Montana's Angela Marshall and Blake Simonson breathe new life into a nearly 35-year-old cold case that is sure to cause the hair on the back of your neck to stand up.

In September of 1985, a hunter was tracking a bear that he had shot in the mountains south of Missoula.

Just off of Crystal Creek Road in a gully he made a grim discovery: a human skull and several human bones.

What investigators were able to deduce right away is bone-chilling.

The person had been shot from close range in the head, not once, but twice.

Investigators refer to her as "Christy Crystal Creek" and may be a victim of Montana's "suspected" serial killer, Wayne Nance.

"She's assumed that she could be a victim of Wayne Nance, because she's found in an area where Wayne Nance used to hang out," said Detective Marta Timmons with the Missoula County Sheriff's Office. "It was one of his favorite places to take people. There's an old car there that he liked to sit in. And it was just one of his favorite places to take people. And it's… she was found very close to Debbie Deer Creek, which we know Wayne Nance killed."

As you just heard, they dive into how Christy might have died at the hands of Nance and why it's been so difficult to find out her real name after all these years.

Make sure to download and subscribe to our podcast, "Montana Murder Mysteries," to hear the full story.

You can find it anywhere you get your podcasts.

Could this be Linda Lee Lovell?? There’s the glaringly obvious discrepancy, but also several similarities. I wish my “side by side machine” weren’t malfunctioning at the moment so I could post photos, but they look very much alike. I’m not sure where Stephen may of ended up in this scenario though...

u/eFitaon from the r/gratefuldoe subreddit has tried to use the reconstruction to make a more human-looking sketch. I thought I would post it here. Of course, it isn't meant to be an exact likeness and it probably isn't accurate given how whacky the clay reconstruction looked, especially knowing she may very well have been a white/asian biracial person.

Attachments

• IMG_20201119_092309.jpg
    IMG_20201119_092309.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 75
u/eFitaon from the r/gratefuldoe subreddit has tried to use the reconstruction to make a more human-looking sketch. I thought I would post it here. Of course, it isn't meant to be an exact likeness and it probably isn't accurate given how whacky the clay reconstruction looked, especially knowing she may very well have been a white/asian biracial person.

Wow, this is a great improvement for her appearance! Is the artist a member of Websleuths or does anyone know their contact information?

**WARNING - Images is skeletal remains/skull attached**
These show very good images of Chryssie’s teeth for future reference or comparison. This was a 4 page spread in the newspaper, so I only clipped certain parts. It’s a very good write-up about Debbie Deer Creek and Chryssie Crystal Creek.
27 May 2004, A17 - Missoula Independent at Newspapers.com
D7434E7D-E02C-4439-94B8-E7436952E84E.jpeg

(I’m having trouble loading the imagine of the first part of this section. It just talks about where and when she was found and that she’d been shot twice in the head.)
FC5E0BCC-9C6C-497C-A156-8936BBC327F8.jpeg

Attachments

• A574FA35-08D1-45E5-A13C-3A762B32E675.jpeg
    A574FA35-08D1-45E5-A13C-3A762B32E675.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 113
  • CA2C59BB-1FCC-4DAA-B9CE-E63C880554FA.jpeg
    CA2C59BB-1FCC-4DAA-B9CE-E63C880554FA.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 490
Wow, this is a great improvement for her appearance! Is the artist a member of Websleuths or does anyone know their contact information?
I can’t recall a WB’s artist who does recons in this style, and I’m not a member of Reddit, so I’m not too sure who it could be or if they’re a member here. I didn’t realize until finding that article today that her skull was/is in relatively good shape (considering the circumstances). Hopefully an artist can do something with that. She deserves a more appropriate reconstruction in my opinion.

I can’t recall a WB’s artist who does recons in this style, and I’m not a member of Reddit, so I’m not too sure who it could be or if they’re a member here. I didn’t realize until finding that article today that her skull was/is in relatively good shape (considering the circumstances). Hopefully an artist can do something with that. She deserves a more appropriate reconstruction in my opinion.

Yes you are right. That skull is in really good shape.

1. Thank you whoever made a new recon, the old clay composites are both just hideous.

2. Looking at the picture of the skull she had excellent teeth. Beautifully aligned, too. Someone well taken care of. The face somehow shares some characteristics that may indeed be rated as Asian (though that is a slippery slope!), such as the widely spaced eye sockets, the relatively flat facial bones and the shape of the dental arc (but you would need to see it from below). But the nasal opening is quite narrow and sharp, something more prevalent in Europeans or Native Americans.
I wonder if she was Native or mixed race.

1. Thank you whoever made a new recon, the old clay composites are both just hideous.

2. Looking at the picture of the skull she had excellent teeth. Beautifully aligned, too. Someone well taken care of. The face somehow shares some characteristics that may indeed be rated as Asian (though that is a slippery slope!), such as the widely spaced eye sockets, the relatively flat facial bones and the shape of the dental arc (but you would need to see it from below). But the nasal opening is quite narrow and sharp, something more prevalent in Europeans or Native Americans.
I wonder if she was Native or mixed race.

A skull can only tell us so much! DNA testing will illuminate her true biogeographical origins.

Yes the morphology is often misleading (e.g. the Princess Blue/Julie Davis case who was classified as Black or Mixed but was in fact white with just very distant unknown AA ancestry and Manchester John Doe who was classified as White but whose admix clearly shows he was of predominantly Subsaharan African ancestry).

Did you take that case over, Othram? Brilliant! Looking forward to updates!

Yes the morphology is often misleading (e.g. the Princess Blue/Julie Davis case who was classified as Black or Mixed but was in fact white with just very distant unknown AA ancestry and Manchester John Doe who was classified as White but whose admix clearly shows he was of predominantly Subsaharan African ancestry).

Did you take that case over, Othram? Brilliant! Looking forward to updates!

Yes! We have not formally announced it yet, but our involvement will be announced soon.

We have an exciting update coming later this evening!! We have a new and amazingly life-like facial reconstruction for Christy Crystal Creek. We are excited about the possibility that an updated image might help generate more leads.

Working with famed forensic artist, Lois Gibson, we are able to share an updated forensic facial reconstruction of what Christy Crystal Creek Doe may have looked like. Lois Gibson is recorded in The Guinness Book of World Records as "The World's Most Successful Forensic Artist." Her sketches have helped law enforcement identify more than 751 criminals. We truly hope this wonderful updated art from Lois helps produce leads as we await the completion of the DNA testing process.

Source: Who is Christy Crystal Creek Doe?
More on Lois Gibson: Lois Gibson | The Institute of Forensic Art

Attachments

• othram-christy.JPEG
    othram-christy.JPEG
    429.4 KB · Views: 83

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads