TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Texas State student’s car found wrecked, abandoned outside Luling | KXAN Austin
According to his parents, this is a route he was familiar with...
Landry’s parents say he typically uses the road as part of his route home

———————

Sorry if it seems as if I’m posting random bits of info from links!
I’m scanning links previously posted and if I find anything that may help answer any recent questions we’ve brought up or anything that we may have missed or forgot, I figured it wouldn’
t hurt to repost. :)

Well, the dogs would have been given an item of his clothing and that is the scent they tracked.
They would not have been tracking somebody else's scent.
YIIKES
That was one of my first thoughts!
Wouldn’t a trained SAR team/dog be able to know if this were the case?
And if the dogs were given a personal item of JL’s, they could differentiate his scent from others?

That was one of my first thoughts!
Wouldn’t a trained SAR team/dog be able to know if this were the case?
And if the dogs were given a personal item of JL’s, they could differentiate his scent from others?
For sure and TES have the best of the best.
It was a strange thing for 'investigators ' to say.
Very strange.

Here's the thing, he is missing.
He became separated from his vehicle and cannot be found.
We know nothing about his mental state because no verifiable source has been quoted in MSM.
So back to the search.
Where can he be?
As well as that his prior mental state could very well be altered after the shock of the crash.
We need good maps of the topography and a fair idea of areas already searched, or at least a good guess.
Yes, "back to the search". Yet, unfortunately, it appears no one is searching. Why not conduct organized searches with volunteers? I find that odd, along with the fact we've heard nothing about his last communications with friends and family, or the condition his apartment was left. When they conducted the welfare checks, were roommates there and what did they say about Jason's demeanor and plans? Anything out of sorts in the apartment? Those closest to him are being very quiet, which makes me less hopeful.

Last edited:
trying to put myself in his position I do not think I would leave either my wallet or phone intentionally if going to find assistance.

I don't even own a cell phone but I for darn sure wouldn't leave it, or my wallet, in the car and go off for help. They are both considered lifelines. Well, if I was thinking clearly, that is.

Something I've noticed about cell phone users is it seems like they are super-glued to the owners hand. i.e. - they never put them down, ever. Where I used to work I'd hear people in the next bathroom stall just chatting away. Nothing important, but I guess they feel the need to continuously talk. lol I find it odd, personally. I've also seen an entire family (I'm sure you all have too) at a restaurant, all scrolling through their phones, not looking, nor talking to anyone else at the table.

So the fact 2 important 'lifelines' were left behind leaves me a tad stumped as to what happened. Other than confused and walked off to find help.

Missing Texas State student’s car found wrecked, abandoned outside Luling | KXAN Austin
According to his parents, this is a route he was familiar with...
Landry’s parents say he typically uses the road as part of his route home

———————

Sorry if it seems as if I’m posting random bits of info from links!
I’m scanning links previously posted and if I find anything that may help answer any recent questions we’ve brought up or anything that we may have missed or forgot, I figured it wouldn’
t hurt to repost. :)

Well now that’s strange. In literally EVERY other article I’ve read, if the reason for him being on the road was talked about the parents said they thought it was because he missed the proper turn or was misguided by a navigation app. That would indicate he doesn’t normally use that road. Wonder if this was a misprint or if something said was misinterpreted (if so, I’d like to know what)

ETA a link to an article mentioning the navigation app. I take Daily Mail with a grain of salt, but this is one of many sources citing it and was easiest to find. Texas college student, 21, vanishes while driving home for Christmas

Last edited:
Well now that’s strange. In literally EVERY other article I’ve read, if the reason for him being on the road was talked about the parents said they thought it was because he missed the proper turn or was misguided by a navigation app. That would indicate he doesn’t normally use that road. Wonder if this was a misprint or if something said was misinterpreted (if so, I’d like to know what)

ETA a link to an article mentioning the navigation app. I take Daily Mail with a grain of salt, but this is one of many sources citing it and was easiest to find. Texas college student, 21, vanishes while driving home for Christmas

If something was misinterpreted, I’d guess that the question was the same one that we’ve seen asked here—was he familiar with the travel route from school to home? And the answer was “yes, he’s driven it many times.” And that answer got garbled, in the inimitable manner of modern journalists.

Jason Landry: Texas student missing after wrong turn on his way home for Christmas, cops find blood near car

published 28 Dec
•The 21-year-old, who had to drive 165 miles before reaching his destination, reportedly took an incorrect route and got injured on Salt Flat Road parallel to Highway 86.
•His car was discovered by a first responder in a ditch by a fence
•The responder also found his phone, wallet, and other personal items—as well as a small amount of blood.
•Some clothes of Landry were found scattered outside the car.
•Texas EquuSearch announced that the search operation for Landry has been halted till law enforcement officials find a specific area

His dad stated, “We know he got out of the crash OK, and was walking back, this way, and that’s the last we know for sure.

**Walking back which way?
**And they know this for sure?

Yes, "back to the search". Yet, unfortunately, it appears no one is searching. Why not conduct organized searches with volunteers? I find that odd, along with the fact we've heard nothing about his last communications with friends and family, or the condition his apartment was left. When they conducted the welfare checks, were roommates there and what did they say about Jason's demeanor and plans? Anything out of sorts in the apartment? Those closest to him are being very quiet, which makes me less hopeful.
Those details we all want so badly are actually part of a police investigation and we're not entitled to know until they decide to tell us.
Do we actually know that no local parties are not out searching?
I saw an interview with his mother and I saw one with his father. I'm pretty sure they're devastated.
What more can they actually do, bearing in mind we have no idea what they're doing only that they're not doing it for publicity.
He must be somewhere near the crash site... and I think that will only involve local search parties at this stage or while that belief is maintained.

College student vanishes after crashing car on drive home for Christmas

•Inside his car were his phone, wallet and other personal items—as well as a small amount of blood.

•First responders found a small amount of blood inside Jason Landry's vehicleCredit: TEXSAR

So the blood was found INSIDE the car or is this a possible error?
That is what I understood from the early reports as well. That the blood was found inside the car, I never heard quantity or pattern discussed though.

I don't even own a cell phone but I for darn sure wouldn't leave it, or my wallet, in the car and go off for help. They are both considered lifelines. Well, if I was thinking clearly, that is.

Something I've noticed about cell phone users is it seems like they are super-glued to the owners hand. i.e. - they never put them down, ever. Where I used to work I'd hear people in the next bathroom stall just chatting away. Nothing important, but I guess they feel the need to continuously talk. lol I find it odd, personally. I've also seen an entire family (I'm sure you all have too) at a restaurant, all scrolling through their phones, not looking, nor talking to anyone else at the table.

So the fact 2 important 'lifelines' were left behind leaves me a tad stumped as to what happened. Other than confused and walked off to find help.
He may not have been able to find the phone since it was wedged under the seat. I don't know where his wallet was found but it likely went flying, too. He was probably in shock. His first thought may have been just to get out of the car and start walking.

Jason Landry: Texas student missing after wrong turn on his way home for Christmas, cops find blood near car

His dad stated, “We know he got out of the crash OK, and was walking back, this way, and that’s the last we know for sure.

**Walking back which way?
**And they know this for sure?

Maybe he said that because LE told him the dogs picked up his scent and it went in that direction? That's the only thing that makes sense to me about his dad's comment because we know it wasn't because Jason called him from the phone that was later found under the seat saying "I'm walking back, this way". At least that's my take on what his father meant. He's said a few things now that have been confusing.

Maybe he said that because LE told him the dogs picked up his scent and it went in that direction? That's the only thing that makes sense to me about his dad's comment because we know it wasn't because Jason called him from the phone that was later found under the seat saying "I'm walking back, this way". At least that's my take on what his father meant. He's said a few things now that have been confusing.
That was my take on it as well. Plus he would have received more information from LE than the general public.
I reckon this way had to mean the old house and the pond way.

BBM
I’ve been trying to find the link where it was stated in an article something about after the accident they (LE) stated JL headed in a certain direction or way.
That made me question how they knew this/what evidence showed this/etc.
Yes, his father said "We know he got out of the car OK and was walking back, this way, and that's the last we know for sure." I'm assuming he meant walking back from the direction he came from, towards the main road.

Maybe the dogs tracked his scent or they saw his prints along the road.

Suffering from a headtrauma and or other possible injuries does not leave you immediately impaired. A big jolt of adrenaline can make you appear feeling ok and coherent. But that could also have lead him far away from the initial scene. You can go a long way on just adrenaline alone.

Now when I say coherent and ok, this is according to the person self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoofer2024