Found Deceased WI- Lindsay A. Folan, 38, Rome, 24 Dec 2020

According to the sheriff’s office, its preliminary investigation indicates Lindsey Folan was driving on a private road when her Toyota Corolla went into a ditch and was submerged in water.

Folan managed to escape the car and started walking, but she soon succumbed to the cold temperature, investigators said. Her preliminary cause of death was listed as hypothermia.

Sheriff: Woman who went missing on Christmas Eve died while walking away from crash

According to the sheriff’s office, its preliminary investigation indicates Lindsey Folan was driving on a private road when her Toyota Corolla went into a ditch and was submerged in water.

Folan managed to escape the car and started walking, but she soon succumbed to the cold temperature, investigators said. Her preliminary cause of death was listed as hypothermia.

Sheriff: Woman who went missing on Christmas Eve died while walking away from crash
That is very unfortunate. Strange too, since a family member specifically discounted a car accident scenario.

I wonder why she couldn't use her phone to call for help. The phone was supposedly active until 8pm. Also, she was on a private road. Was it on her route home?

This is what I feared for Lindsay. I’m also suspecting that she didn’t have her phone charger and the battery was dead. This is so very sad. Hoping her family finds closure in learning the circumstances that led up to her crash

I live about 1.5 hours from Leola. The temperature at the time of Lindsay Folan’s disappearance (1:30AM on 12/24) was approximately 13 degrees from an earlier daytime high of 50 degrees (12/23). If she had been out all day, I’m wondering if she was dressed for that temperature change? The temps into Christmas Eve day fell to single digits with much lower wind chill temps. If one is incapacitated, hypothermia becomes a real danger.
Adams, WI Past Weather For Last 30 days - LocalConditions.com

Was she close to her sisters home?
(She was visiting family I think?)
Perhaps she had been drinking also.
Maybe no cell service either.
How awful :(
Her dog was mentioned earlier on the thread, so it's likely that she did not live with her sister. I still wonder if she needed to take a private road to get home. One would expect the normal route from the bar to be checked first. Maybe the submerged car wasn't visible from the road. Apparently a local found her body after two days, so perhaps she wasn't found on the side of the road or she was traveling in a remote area outside of her usual route.

Last edited:
Body of missing woman found in Adams County

In a press release, Sheriff Brent York said the woman, Lindsey Folan, likely died from hypothermia. Her body was found Saturday morning in the town of Leola in Adams County. Folan, 38, was reported missing Dec. 24.

Through an investigation, the sheriff’s department determined that Folan’s vehicle, traveling on a private road, entered a ditch and was submerged in water. According to the press release, Folan left the vehicle, walked a short distance and died from exposure to cold temperatures.

Another missing person case in WI was reported today. Jerald Brennan, from Watertown, left his home at Noon on 12/26 to go ice fishing. LE has checked his regular destinations and not located him. One of those locations is a cabin he owns in Nekoosa, WI which is 13 miles away from where Lindsay initially went missing (Lake Camelot). It’s probably just a coincidence (and their timelines don’t overlap). LE was able to Ping his phone yesterday in Amhurst, WI at 6AM.

WI - WI - Jerald Brennan, 65, Watertown, 28 Dec 2020

Her dog was mentioned earlier on the thread, so it's likely that she did not live with her sister. I still wonder if she needed to take a private road to get home. One would expect the normal route from the bar to be checked first. Maybe the submerged car wasn't visible from the road. Apparently a local found her body after two days, so perhaps she wasn't found on the side of the road or she was traveling in a remote area outside of her usual route.
Do we know what the route was to where she was living?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back