Found Deceased CA - Kolby Story, 32, last seen Venice Beach, car found in Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, 7 Dec 2020

Thanks, @PommyMommy! I just saw this, too.

I’m still confused. When she went back to the beach at 9:30, did she again go there with her boyfriend and the other friend? Then she calls some male friend when she lost her keys—who is that? That person seemed very concerned for her welfare, according to this article. Then we learn her car had a flat tire! The more we learn, the more concerning it is.
I understand it this way...

7:00 pm, Kolby, her boyfriend, and a friend returned to her house from the beach. BF and friend are persons 1 and 2.

9:30 pm, She told her roommate she was going to the beach. Sounds to me like she went by herself.

10:30 pm, She called a friend - the "third person" mentioned in earlier articles - to help her find her keys.

2:00 am, Kolby left and the friend followed her "until she turned off in the direction of her home."

PROBLEM. Her car was not found on what should have been the route to her home. It was found nearer the beach...with a flat tire. MOO

12300 Blk of Pacific Ave / Venice Skate Park / Big Daddy’s Pizza / Ralph’s on Admiralty Way

The timeline is a bit confusing for me. So the friend stayed in his car while Kolby sat on the beach...and then he followed her home when she finally left around 2:00am? I mean, I appreciate him looking out and making sure she stayed safe from afar. BUT. It just seems kind of odd to me? The way the article made it sound, he was sitting in there for a couple of hours just watching her. Odd.

The timeline is a bit confusing for me. So the friend stayed in his car while Kolby sat on the beach...and then he followed her home when she finally left around 2:00am? I mean, I appreciate him looking out and making sure she stayed safe from afar. BUT. It just seems kind of odd to me? The way the article made it sound, he was sitting in there for a couple of hours just watching her. Odd.
You're not alone. I don't buy this story for a minute. If he followed her almost to her home, how did her car wind up back by the beach? And, JMO - The reason she didn't call anyone when she had a flat tire is because he (third person) was already there.

I want to know more about the tire. Was it along the lines of a slow leak or was it punctured???

“It didn’t take long to find the keys, maybe 20 minutes,” JS explained to Dateline, recalling what he was told by Kolby’s friend. “But they stayed there for a while. He was trying to get her to leave… told her it wasn’t safe. It was dark and getting cold. But she told him to go home and that she would be fine.”

A while = about 3 1/2 hours!
She told him to go home.
He didn't.

He says she decided to leave about 2 am and his first (of four) unanswered call to her was at the same time...

Where is Kolby?! :mad:

Last edited:
You're not alone. I don't buy this story for a minute. If he followed her almost to her home, how did her car wind up back by the beach? And, JMO - The reason she didn't call anyone when she had a flat tire is because he (third person) was already there.

I want to know more about the tire. Was it along the lines of a slow leak or was it punctured???

“It didn’t take long to find the keys, maybe 20 minutes,” JS explained to Dateline, recalling what he was told by Kolby’s friend. “But they stayed there for a while. He was trying to get her to leave… told her it wasn’t safe. It was dark and getting cold. But she told him to go home and that she would be fine.”

A while = about 3 1/2 hours!
She told him to go home.
He didn't.

He says she decided to leave about 2 am and his first (of four) unanswered call to her was at the same time...

Where is Kolby?! :mad:
I agree. Something doesn’t sit right with his account. Did he do something to her tire, follow her and then become the “knight in shining armour?” Convinced her to leave her car, that they would come back for it in the morning? But didn’t :( Then it was towed? Just my thoughts at the moment. IF this scenario, where was she taken??

I agree. Something doesn’t sit right with his account. Did he do something to her tire, follow her and then become the “knight in shining armour?” Convinced her to leave her car, that they would come back for it in the morning? But didn’t :( Then it was towed? Just my thoughts at the moment. IF this scenario, where was she taken??
Very possible. I would like to know the content of their texts.

The two continued to text while Kolby stayed on the beach and her friend waited in his car nearby. Brother hoping for answers in disappearance of sister Kolby Story who went missing in early December after heading home from Venice Beach (nbcnews.com)

I also wonder if her sleeping bag, backpack, and ukulele were found in her car. And, her phone was apparently working fine until about 2 am? o_O MOO

Very possible. I would like to know the content of their texts.

The two continued to text while Kolby stayed on the beach and her friend waited in his car nearby. Brother hoping for answers in disappearance of sister Kolby Story who went missing in early December after heading home from Venice Beach (nbcnews.com)

I also wonder if her sleeping bag, backpack, and ukulele were found in her car. And, her phone was apparently working fine until about 2 am? o_O MOO
RBBM
Good question!

Yeah, this is sounding stalkerish, IMO. I had my fair share of these types of guys in college. Not cool at all, really. Imo.

This is all very concerning.

I am wondering if the "third party" was just a random stranger who happened to be there. Maybe they noticed her and her friend obviously looking for a lost item so they decided to help out as well. I feel like if this third party had some sort of relationship to her, they'd be described as "a second friend" or something like that, rather than just a third party. MOO

Her friend followed part of the way and saw her head off in the direction toward Mar Vista.

"He actually followed her for a short bit and said she made a right on Pacific from Rose, and a left and that was the last he's seen her," he said.

Is it me, or do these street directions not make sense. Wouldn’t it be more like she made a right on Rose from Pacific, if heading home towards Mar Vista? I’m wondering if either the reporter or the brother got the street names reversed.
Missing Woman Last Seen In Venice, Car Found In Marina Del Rey

I agree there feels something odd about this friend who waited in the car for her, and followed her home partway. LE certainly need to question this individual further, since he apparently was the last to see Kolby.

If the friend waited in the car for two hours because he was concerned for Kolby's safety; why not follow her home? Mar Vista has areas that rival Venice when it come to crime. The whole idea of being concerned for her safety doesn't hold water when he didn't follow her home. Especially at 2AM. Just my thoughts.

So the 3rd person who waited followed her from Venice...but she headed south to Marina del Rey? So his story that he followed her to where she "turned toward home" is either false or she then went another direction and back to Marina del Rey.

If true that Kolby was driving somewhat aimlessly about the area after 2 am, she sure sounds distressed or in some kind of mental difficulty. Marina del Rey would have seemed safer than Venice, I'm sure - especially in that little shopping center (although...any place at 2 am for a young woman, alone, in Los Angeles is not a great scenario).

Do others understand it that her boyfriend (and 1 other friend) were back at her apartment, for at least part of this?

DEC 30, 2020
Missing Woman Last Seen In Venice, Car Found In Marina Del Rey | Venice, CA Patch
[...]

The friend waited in his car nearby while Kolby stayed on the beach. At about 2 a.m. Kolby got in her car, which was parked near Big Daddy's Pizza. She started driving away and turned in the direction of her home. Her friend followed part of the way and saw her head off in the direction toward Mar Vista.

"He actually followed her for a short bit and said she made a right on Pacific from Rose, and a left and that was the last he's seen her," he said.

Her roommate reported her missing on Dec. 9.

[...]

"She has a nose ring," Josh told Patch. "She's got wings on her back, at the top of her back, in the middle," he said, describing her tattoo.

[...]

DEC 30, 2020
Missing Woman Last Seen In Venice, Car Found In Marina Del Rey | Venice, CA Patch
[...]

The friend waited in his car nearby while Kolby stayed on the beach. At about 2 a.m. Kolby got in her car, which was parked near Big Daddy's Pizza. She started driving away and turned in the direction of her home. Her friend followed part of the way and saw her head off in the direction toward Mar Vista.

Her roommate reported her missing on Dec. 9.

[...]

"She has a nose ring," Josh told Patch. "She's got wings on her back, at the top of her back, in the middle," he said, describing her tattoo.

[...]

Ah. So she turned as if to go NE on Venice Blvd toward Mar Vista (almost immediately out of the parking lot area) and the friend went his own way. For some reason, I trust that info, it makes sense. But then, instead of staying on Venice Blvd, she made a right onto PCH, drove down to a little strip mall (there's a bank there) across from a large Ralph's center. Ends up with flat tire there and car is eventually towed.

I wonder why she parked there - nothing could have been open except the ATM. And Ralph's, across the street, was likely open - but why make a left to park across the street and then have to cross busy PCH if that was her destination?

Such a strange set of events.

Ah. So she turned as if to go NE on Venice Blvd toward Mar Vista (almost immediately out of the parking lot area) and the friend went his own way. For some reason, I trust that info, it makes sense. But then, instead of staying on Venice Blvd, she made a right onto PCH, drove down to a little strip mall (there's a bank there) across from a large Ralph's center. Ends up with flat tire there and car is eventually towed.

I wonder why she parked there - nothing could have been open except the ATM. And Ralph's, across the street, was likely open - but why make a left to park across the street and then have to cross busy PCH if that was her destination?

Such a strange set of events.

According to google Ralph's stores in Marina Del Rey close at 2am. I wonder where she went for help then or why her car ended up there.

Still doesn't make sense to me.. looking at a map. Why would she have turned right on Pacific from Rose? Rose would take her straight toward Mar Vista.

Last edited:
According to google Ralph's stores in Marina Del Rey close at 2am. I wonder where she went for help then or why her car ended up there.

Still doesn't make sense to me.. looking at a map. Why would she have turned right on Pacific from Rose? Rose would take her straight toward Mar Vista.

Do we KNOW that she was driving her car at that point?

JMO

This friend’s story makes no sense at all. He supposedly was texting her until 2 am while she was at the beach, but he starts calling her at 2 am when she’s heading home and he’s following her, and she doesn’t answer. He calls through the night and she doesn’t answer, after he supposedly waited for her. Weird, just weird. This friend is sketchy. Problem is, LE can’t do anything about him even if they are pretty sure he did something to her, without evidence. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back