TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So AQW and his girlfriend's lawyer reported AQW'S bomb making talk/abilities to police, yet a week later the same lawyer prevented the police from searching his RV, which the lawyer now denies? That doesn't make sense.

It actually makes perfect sense to me. By law the lawyer can't implicate his client. If he did any evidence collected would be thrown out. But he can protect his client by giving the cops enough inadmissible evidence to stop him while staying on the right side of ethics.

In fact, the whole thing sounds like it could have been a "set up" that the cops failed to figure out. Lawyer is there when gf calls cops. GF makes the bomb-making accusation and points to the guns. Lawyer just says he talked about bomb making. No crime there. But now the cops have a bomb-maker they should investigate. Rather than get clever about collecting probable cause, they seem to have just gotten lazy and didn't bother to look into AQW's background. If they had they would have found a felony conviction and, together with the guns he kept at gf's house, probably would have been enough PC for a search warrant.

I wouldn't go so far as to blame MNPD for the bombing. But if they do not thoroughly review their procedures after this failure I think Nashville taxpayers should be asking some tough questions. The individual officers may well have acted within policy. But that just means the policy failed in preventing a tragedy that could have been much worse.

ETA: spelling corrections!

Imaging if AQW had wanted to kill a lot of people!

Last edited:
It actually makes perfect sense to me. By law the lawyer can't implicate his client. If he did any evidence collected would be thrown out. But he can protect his client by giving the cops enough inadmissible evidence to stop him while staying on the right side of ethics.

In fact, the whole thing sounds like it could have been a "set up" that the cops failed to figure out. Lawyer is theer when gf calls cops. GF makes the bomb-making accusation and points to the guns. Lawyer just says he talked about bomb making. No crime there. But now the cops have a bomb-maker they should investigate. Rather than get clever about collecting probable cause, they seem to have just gotten lazy and didn't bother to look into AQW's background. If they had they would have found a felony conviction and, together with the guns he kept at gf's house, probably would have been enough PC for a search warrant.

I wouldn't go so far as to blame MNPD for the bombing. But if they do not thorughly review their procedures after this failure I think Nashville taxpayers should be asking some tough questions. The individual officers may well have acted within policy. But that just means the policy failed in preventing a tradgedy that could have been much worse.

Imaging if AQW had wanted to kill a lot of people!
The attorney denies representing AQW at the time when police says he prevented them from searching the RV.

Police claimed Throckmorton would not allow his client to consent to a search - but Throckmorton insists that is not true.

"He was not a current client of mine at that point in time," Throckmorton told NewsChannel 5 Investigates Tuesday.

"I certainly would never have told them not to check it out when I'm the one who said go the hell over there and find out what's going on," Throckmorton said.

Anthony Warner's girlfriend warned police he was building bombs in his RV last year

The attorney denies representing AQW at the time when police says he prevented them from searching the RV.

Police claimed Throckmorton would not allow his client to consent to a search - but Throckmorton insists that is not true.

"He was not a current client of mine at that point in time," Throckmorton told NewsChannel 5 Investigates Tuesday.

"I certainly would never have told them not to check it out when I'm the one who said go the hell over there and find out what's going on," Throckmorton said.

Anthony Warner's girlfriend warned police he was building bombs in his RV last year
Wow! This reinforces my personal policy to NEVER give a verbal statement to police! I'm not saying the police version is the wrong one but there is a major discrepancy between what the police claim and what the lawyer says happened. A proper paper trail would be extremely valuable at this point. They can't miscontrue a written statement that is copied widely.

If Throckmorton would have simply said "I will not answer verbal questions but I will answer emails or written questions" we'd have a much better idea what was actually said.

And frankly, if Throckmorton had said what the cops claim and they would be willing to swear it before a judge, they would have had their probable cause! That alone makes me question their version.

Last edited:

Was this not a conflict of interest with Throckmorton representing both? Or is that only an issue when actually going to court??

Reading some of these news reports make it sound like Throckmorton seemed to say... "yeah, she's mentally unstable, take her away", AS WELL AS "AQW does discuss bombs and knows how to make 'em, but he's just fine... no need to search his property. " Confusing.

Was this not a conflict of interest with Throckmorton representing both? Or is that only an issue when actually going to court??

Reading some of these news reports make it sound like Throckmorton seemed to say... "yeah, she's mentally unstable, take her away", AS WELL AS "AQW does discuss bombs and knows how to make 'em, but he's just fine... no need to search his property. " Confusing.
Well she threatened to kill herself so she needed to be evaluated for sure.

But talking about bombs does not necessarily mean you are going to make one and use it nefariously. There are lots of people that like to blow things up for fun. People do "baby gender reveal parties" where they shoot a target with tannerite, an explosive. It is completely legal and sold for recreational purposes. Not my thing but not evidence of any kind of crime. People also use explosives to break up stumps, rock croppings, and so forth. Making a bomb is not necessarily illegal or nefarious.

Heck, just a few minutes ago my girlfriend was showing me the explosives (legal fireworks) she got today for New Year's Eve! Completely legal where I live.

Obviously AQW was making real bombs for bad purposes and should have been investigated more thoroughly. I think the lawyer was trying to feed the cops the bait they needed to run with it but they didn't. Now he is backpedalling to protect himself.

He probably told the police that his lawyer said they were not allowed to search. Even if the lawyer didn't actually say that.

The girlfriend didn't make generic "talks about bombs" statements. She said specifically he was making bombs in the rv. She was probably terrified and traumatized. Especially since he wasn't stopped. I would be.

Feds investigate evidence Nashville bomber hunted ‘lizard people,’ other alien beings | WKRN News 2

Federal investigators are looking into evidence the Antioch man who detonated a bomb in downtown Nashville Christmas morning had spent time hunting for alien life forms in a nearby state park and was interested in “lizard people,” according to law enforcement sources.

The sources told ABC News that Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, may have been motivated, at least in part, by “paranoia over 5G technology,” but that they also found writings that contained ramblings about assorted conspiracy theories, including the idea of shape-shifting reptilian creatures that appear in human form and attempt world domination.

Federal agencies are working to figure out if the beliefs somehow contributed to Warner detonating a bomb inside of an RV parked near Second Avenue North and Commerce Street around 6:30 a.m. Friday, killing himself, injuring three others and damaging more than 40 buildings.
:eek:

If her mother is being truthful and she hadn’t seen AQW in 40 years he can’t be MS’s father. But might she be his niece? The first house he QC’d was his brothers. Quit Claiming it to her would actually make sense if it belonged to her father.

These was my thoughts also. Brother knows he is dying so wants his house left to his daughter. The daughter then gives it to his mother. Her grandmother. Then when AQW decides to end it he gives his niece his house. MOO

He probably told the police that his lawyer said they were not allowed to search. Even if the lawyer didn't actually say that.
Police reportedly contacted the lawyer first (BBM):

Police said an officer with the bomb squad called Throckmorton days after the initial report and asked to search Warner's RV - because they believed Throckmorton still represented Warner.

These was my thoughts also. Brother knows he is dying so wants his house left to his daughter. The daughter then gives it to his mother. Her grandmother. Then when AQW decides to end it he gives his niece his house. MOO
Technically that's possible. But why did AQW quit claim his brother's house to himself first instead of directly to his niece? Did he not know she existed? In that case why not quit claim to his mother, who would have inherited the property?

The niece theory would become less likely if the lady in question already had a father and older siblings.

The bombing revived a debate in the U.S. about which acts are labeled as terrorism and why. A former national security prosecutor and a Nashville city councilor said the bombing fit the definition of domestic terrorism. Federal investigators avoided using the term in the days following the bombing, the special agent in charge saying they had not yet established whether Warner had used violence to promote political or social beliefs.
2020 Nashville bombing - Wikipedia

The bombing revived a debate in the U.S. about which acts are labeled as terrorism and why. A former national security prosecutor and a Nashville city councilor said the bombing fit the definition of domestic terrorism. Federal investigators avoided using the term in the days following the bombing, the special agent in charge saying they had not yet established whether Warner had used violence to promote political or social beliefs.
Nobody wants to face the fact that the biggest threat to US citizens are... the US citizens themselves.

They are right there, building bombs in RV’s, shooting up schools, bars and who even knows what else, forming cults with the sole purpose of using and abusing people, military people keep being found dead... in the US.

They are destroying their own country and poisoning themselves. Ironic and sad but they are their worst enemy.

Are technological conspiracies part of social beliefs? Believing in lizard people could be considered political. Would an attack on infrastructure classify as terrorism or sabotage? What if a perp just wanted to be (in)famous?

Are technological conspiracies part of social beliefs? Believing in lizard people could be considered political. Would an attack on infrastructure classify as terrorism or sabotage? What if a perp just wanted to be (in)famous?

Think of these things in their legal sentencing enhancement definition also. In this case there no one living to sentence and no real social belief at play so far (considering the alien thing true) I understand people wanting to use the word because some acts feel like terrorism but so far this just isn't the case. Now the mass shooter at the African American church a few years back i would say a far better case to make for terrorism. Though legally speaking they would weigh how the best case would be, what carries the max sentence between terrorism vs hate crime and so on and push what ever charges they decided on.

Is Liberalism considered a social science? Bomber may have wanted to shed light upon an obsession of a perceived danger of twenty-first century living. A paranoid extremist?

Possible mindset and thought pattern: Individual privacy is being systematically undermined by both governments and corporations. Why do so few people seem to care? Nashville and AT&T will care now. They’ll never forget.
moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members