Found Safe CA - Holly Jochum (Casner), 32, disappeared in camper driving to Joshua Tree, Big Bear, 27 Dec 2020

jinger

Reaction score
Posted from Facebook Hiking and Camping Page:
My sister, Holly Jochum, has been missing since Sunday. She had planned to go to Big Bear to do some camping alone with her dogs but the campground was closed. The last we heard from Holly was Sunday at 4:45pm when she told us she was heading an hour and 15 mins away for the desert(Joshua Tree) and she would call when she got there and we haven’t heard from her since. By 7:30pm on Sunday her phone was off/unreachable. We filed a missing person report and alerted the police. She was suppose to return to Orange County today and never arrived or made any contact. Park Rangers are looking for her 1992 Dodge Ram Van in the Joshua Tree National Park however, she could be anywhere from Yucaipa to Joshua Tree. If you see her or have any information please contact me,Lori Skrivan, or the local police department.

*modsnip*

<modsnip: Link provided and inserted below> ... time is of the essence if she has been up there missing since sunday. Sounds like she was just reported missing yesterday since she was supposed to return home that day.

134518291_3975484025797923_4754812740407377500_n.jpg

134048651_3976738095672516_561919332534754788_n.jpg

Woman heading to Joshua Tree National Park reported missing

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted from Facebook Hiking and Camping Page:
My sister, Holly Jochum, has been missing since Sunday. She had planned to go to Big Bear to do some camping alone with her dogs but the campground was closed. The last we heard from Holly was Sunday at 4:45pm when she told us she was heading an hour and 15 mins away for the desert(Joshua Tree) and she would call when she got there and we haven’t heard from her since. By 7:30pm on Sunday her phone was off/unreachable. We filed a missing person report and alerted the police. She was suppose to return to Orange County today and never arrived or made any contact. Park Rangers are looking for her 1992 Dodge Ram Van in the Joshua Tree National Park however, she could be anywhere from Yucaipa to Joshua Tree. If you see her or have any information please contact me,Lori Skrivan, or the local police department.

*modsnip*

134518291_3975484025797923_4754812740407377500_n.jpg

134048651_3976738095672516_561919332534754788_n.jpg

Big Bear is in the mountains. We had a big storm come through a couple of days ago. Chains were required to go into the mountains. I am worried she went off the road. However, I am a little confused by "she could be anywhere from Yucaipa to Joshua Tree." Does that mean she'd already come down from Big Bear when she contacted her family and was leaving from Yucaipa, not Big Bear?

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Bear is in the mountains. We had a big storm come through a couple of days ago. Chains were required to go into the mountains. I am worried she went off the road. However, I am a little confused by "she could be anywhere from Yucaipa to Joshua Tree." Does that mean she'd already come down from Big Bear when she contacted her family and was leaving from Yucaipa, not Big Bear?

I wonder that too. I recall seeing posts about drivers stranded in big bear. I fear that its been awhile since she went missing and what that could mean. Guessing she has food and water in the camper though. Hoping for the best.

That storm arrived in the early morning hours later on Monday. Hopefully she came down the mountain before it hit.

I think she must have called them from Yucaipa because Google maps says it’s 1 1/2 hours from there to Joshua tree and she told her family it was 1 hour and 15 min. away. Big Bear to Joshua Tree is more like 2 1/2 hours. Scary. She has to be somewhere along that route, I would think.

Here’s her Facebook. I thought it was interesting she posted pics of getting her van ready for her trip, and said 7 days until WE head to the desert. I guess she meant she and her dogs?

Holly Jochum
I would believe she mentioned she and her pups... they are family to her. I believe her final destination was Thermal, CA where an 8 week hunter/jumper horse show begins January 20th. Holly takes private client photos during the 8 week circuit and has done so for the past few years.

I would believe she mentioned she and her pups... they are family to her. I believe her final destination was Thermal, CA where an 8 week hunter/jumper horse show begins January 20th. Holly takes private client photos during the 8 week circuit and has done so for the past few years.
But she was supposed to return home yesterday first though, right? And then go to the horse show? Does she still live in Tacoma like her fb says? Her equestrian photos are beautiful.

Please remember folks .. if you state information as fact, you have to provide links to back up what you say, OR be a Verified Insider (i.e. someone who knows Holly or has inside information related to the case).

Verified Insiders do not have to provide links to back up what they state, whereas regular members must provide links to MSM or LE to support their statements. If it is your opinion, please just make that clear by adding a MOO or JMO, etc.

Here's a link to Websleuths verification process that explains it and tells you how to apply.

Oh yeah, you’re right. :oops: I’m really bad at fb. Well she’s no stranger to taking desert trips in her van since it looks like she did the same thing last New Year’s. I don’t like that she’s alone though.

she probably had a false sense of security having her dogs with her but dogs could easily be victim to accidents/foul play too

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back