OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Have a safe and happy New Year. Praying 2021 is the year the Rhoden, Manley and Gilley families get justice! They have been waiting way too long! May God give them comfort and peace in 2021!

Thanks, Nanasteele! So kind to wish the Rhoden, Manley and Gilley families well. I, too, hope they find justice and some peace of mind. Lord knows they deserve it.

upload_2020-12-30_18-59-26.png

From January 7th 2019
Angela Wagner, woman accused in Pike County murders, back in court Wednesday

I like this particular photo of AW because it is a rare photo of a Wagner, looking to me like, there is at least some degree of regret. I know, I know, it's regret for her own life not the 8 lives she may have taken, but at least it is a snapshot of a sober moment, if you know what I mean.

Billy's court docket shows some happenings on his case:

12/23/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRE-TRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF BALLISTICS EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

12/23/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTNG A PRE-TRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

12/23/2020
MOTION TO REVOKE ANDREW WILSON'S APPOINTMENT AS SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY FILED

12/23/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEENDANT STATEMENTS

12/23/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER REQUIRING THE PROSECUTION TO PROVIDE A TRANSCRIPT OF AUDIO RECORDINGS

12/23/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER COMPELLING THE STATE OF OHIO TO PROVIDE THE DEFENDANT WITH ALL FORENSIC EXPERT REPORTS AND UNDERLYING DATA FILED

12/28/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRE-TRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF BALLISTICS EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

12/28/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTNG A PRE-TRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS FILED

12/28/2020
MOTION TO REVOKE ANDREW WILSON'S APPOINTMENT AS SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY FILED

12/28/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEENDANT STATEMENTS

12/28/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER REQUIRING THE PROSECUTION TO PROVIDE A TRANSCRIPT OF AUDIO RECORDINGS

12/28/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER COMPELLING THE STATE OF OHIO TO PROVIDE THE DEFENDANT WITH ALL FORENSIC EXPERT REPORTS AND UNDERLYING DATA

So, Angela's and George's trials seem to have stalled. George has a new trial attorney that needs to get up to speed but I also suspect that his other original attorney wants other Wagner trials to go before George's trial.

This attorney said, at George's Bond Hearing, that he wanted to

"find out what this is all about, that if there is a case - and I'm not saying there is - but if there is a case it is a case for Jake and Angela."

He said the only thing tying George to the crimes is the fact that "they did everything together."

It was mentioned in a fairly recent article that George won't go to trial for another year. This is a far cry from George's attorney trying to get him bail this past August. I suspect that George's attorney now wants other Wagner trials to go before his client's trial.

Thus, helping him (George's attorney) to gain more insight from the prosecution's standpoint, to help him figure out a (difficult) defense for his client who blabbed incriminating statements over his phone in the summers of 2017 and 2018. 100 days of recorded calls.

And Angela's trial seems to have stalled the most. Odd that she has been absent 6 full months from the courtroom. Seems as though her attorneys, like George's, need to see other trials go first. I suspect Jake's will be first followed by Billy's.

Then it's a toss up between Angela's and George's trials.

Well as usual it is a long wait and see.

I also think that a factor being played out is that Angela's attorneys want to see what Rita has to say on the stand against Angela's sons/husband, before Rita takes the stand against their client.

Mother testifying against her own daughter. A sad dysfunctional family dynamic no matter how you slice it.

...2 Cents...All opinions appreciated and welcomed!

Last edited:
View attachment 277505

From January 7th 2019
Angela Wagner, woman accused in Pike County murders, back in court Wednesday

I like this particular photo of AW because it is a rare photo of a Wagner, looking to me like, there is at least some degree of regret. I know, I know, it's regret for her own life not the 8 lives she may have taken, but at least it is a snapshot of a sober moment, if you know what I mean.

Billy's court docket shows some happenings on his case:

12/23/2020

12/23/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTNG A PRE-TRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

12/23/2020

12/23/2020

12/23/2020

12/23/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER COMPELLING THE STATE OF OHIO TO PROVIDE THE DEFENDANT WITH ALL FORENSIC EXPERT REPORTS AND UNDERLYING DATA FILED

12/28/2020

12/28/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTNG A PRE-TRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS FILED

12/28/2020

12/28/2020

12/28/2020

12/28/2020
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER COMPELLING THE STATE OF OHIO TO PROVIDE THE DEFENDANT WITH ALL FORENSIC EXPERT REPORTS AND UNDERLYING DATA

So, Angela's and George's trials seem to have stalled. George has a new trial attorney that needs to get up to speed but I also suspect that his other original attorney wants other Wagner trials to go before George's trial.

This attorney said, at George's Bond Hearing, that he wanted to

"find out what this is all about, that if there is a case - and I'm not saying there is - but if there is a case it is a case for Jake and Angela."

He said the only thing tying George to the crimes is the fact that "they did everything together."

It was mentioned in a fairly recent article that George won't go to trial for another year. This is a far cry from George's attorney trying to get him bail this past August. I suspect that George's attorney now wants other Wagner trials to go before his client's trial.

Thus, helping him (George's attorney) to gain more insight from the prosecution's standpoint, to help him figure out a (difficult) defense for his client who blabbed incriminating statements over his phone in the summers of 2017 and 2018. 100 days of recorded calls.

And Angela's trial seems to have stalled the most. Odd that she has been absent 6 full months from the courtroom. Seems as though her attorneys, like George's, need to see other trials go first. I suspect Jake's will be first followed by Billy's.

Then it's a toss up between Angela's and George's trials.

Well as usual it is a long wait and see.

I also think that a factor being played out is that Angela's attorneys want to see what Rita has to say on the stand against Angela's sons/husband, before Rita takes the stand against their client.

Mother testifying against her own daughter. A sad dysfunctional family dynamic no matter how you slice it.

...2 Cents...All opinions appreciated and welcomed!

The third pic shows a bit of weariness or sadness. Hard to say who it was for but I doubt it was a victim...

The third pic shows a bit of weariness or sadness. Hard to say who it was for but I doubt it was a victim...

That 3rd pic in the sequence is her arrest photo, if I'm understanding the photo your referencing - her stare into the camera wearing blue prison scrubs.

Her face is rather blank it looks to me. Shell shocked?

Yes any emotion is for herself and her "boys" and what will her mom (Rita) say? Seems they weren't anticipating all 4 to be arrested. Remember, 1, 2, or 3 of them were expected to take out revenge and stage a jail breakout which shows delusional thinking to the nth degree....2 Cents

I think George was one they thought would not be arrested (if the others were) as it does not appear he has the motive. Ditto his attorney Richard Nash from his Bond Hearing, who seems to have this line of thinking in my opinion.

Portsmouth-OH-Expungements-Nash-157388315.jpg

Law Office of Richard M. Nash Jr. who presided over George's Bond Hearing. The other DP attorney on George's Case is retiring and is being - or has been - replaced.

Last edited:
What the H3ll is wrong with the Pike County Court system, this bunch of thugs is accused of murder of 8 people in the Pike County area, the Wagners has got by with conning the court system against the poor people of Pike County for years and has made a fortune, seems that when Fredericka and Bob took someone to court to have them threw out of the home that the Wagners sold at a interest rate that President Trump could not pay , the Wagners had no problem putting those people on the street just in a few months and now the same Wagners has been accused of committing the mass murder of history in Ohio, the system is not there serving the victims but it looks like the Pike County court system is catering to the Wagners, I say try them before June 2021, JMO

What the H3ll is wrong with the Pike County Court system, this bunch of thugs is accused of murder of 8 people in the Pike County area, the Wagners has got by with conning the court system against the poor people of Pike County for years and has made a fortune, seems that when Fredericka and Bob took someone to court to have them threw out of the home that the Wagners sold at a interest rate that President Trump could not pay , the Wagners had no problem putting those people on the street just in a few months and now the same Wagners has been accused of committing the mass murder of history in Ohio, the system is not there serving the victims but it looks like the Pike County court system is catering to the Wagners, I say try them before June 2021, JMO

I seriously doubt that JW's trial will even be in 2021 but that is JMO.

I seriously doubt that JW's trial will even be in 2021 but that is JMO.
Wonder why, the court system can’t use COVID 19 forever???? Do you think that the trial against the Wagners is not solid enough for conviction????

Wonder why, the court system can’t use COVID 19 forever???? Do you think that the trial against the Wagners is not solid enough for conviction????

Ohio has a solid case IMO.

I believe the court system (in general) moves very slowly.

The 4 defendants, 4 crime scenes and 8 victims are also a lot to process but that's all JMO.

Last edited:
Think about all the corrupt jurors they will get who will vote innocent

Think about all the corrupt jurors they will get who will vote innocent

Nope. I will say this as politely as I can.....

All of us here on Websleuths ARE the general public, thus, we represent the jury pool.

The jurors will be people just like us and will want justice. To say the jurors will be corrupt and vote innocent - regardless of the evidence - is to tell the families to forget it and go home. Don't bother. No justice for you.

This I can't agree with. I believe the jurors will want Justice. There are 12 jurors for a reason. 12.

I believe the Gilley family, Manley family, and the Rhoden family, will in fact get Justice with the 4 trials.

Stay strong my friends.... Remember the Derbies, Rhoden strong!

Last edited:
Nope. I will say this as politely as I can.....

All of us here on Websleuths ARE the general public, thus, we represent the jury pool.

The jurors will be people just like us and will want justice. To say the jurors will be corrupt and vote innocent - regardless of the evidence - is to tell the families to forget it and go home. Don't bother. No justice for you.

This I can't agree with. I believe the jurors will want Justice. There are 12 jurors for a reason. 12.

I believe the Gilley family, Manley family, and the Rhoden family, will in fact get Justice with the 4 trials.

Stay strong my friends.... Remember the Derbies, Rhoden strong!
It seems as if you know the wags did it .. if the evidence can’t determine it beyond a reasonable doubt then they should be found innocent

It seems as if you know the wags did it .. if the evidence can’t determine it beyond a reasonable doubt then they should be found innocent

They would be found not guilty, they wouldn’t be found innocent. There are cases everywhere that guilty people were found not guilty and later found guilty.

They would be found not guilty, they wouldn’t be found innocent. There are cases everywhere that guilty people were found not guilty and later found guilty.
Personally I think Reader is hiding a lot, it was all one big cover up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member