Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he described his actions "I open up the back gate, I'm throwing wood, bringing it inside the house." is very... awkward? Sounds like someone telling the less-important set up for a larger story that is being led into and is known, not the way you would describe the very important and theoretically only known detailed events leading up to the disappearance of your children. IMO, it's a weird way to talk about your kids. Was there any discussion about anything else the boys did that day or previous days? MOO

To me, it sounds how people talk when they are vividly remembering something and playing it over and over in their minds.

It also sounds like a small detail in a larger story - but the syntax itself isn't suspicious. And it's not awkward for many English speakers.

This is just my opinion, and I may be completely wrong, but I don't think the adoptive parents had anything to do with this. Something just seems different. I truly hope LE, detectives, whoever look at everyone associated with these two kids. I watched the video interview of the parents again. Something is off and its not with the adoptive parents. JMO.

I just thought I would chime in and mention that my mom and her sister were in foster care. I mentioned this in Serenity Dennard's thread as well. This was a very long time ago as my mom was born in the early 1920's. Because the girls parents were Canadian citizens the two girls were in foster care in the US and Canada. Eventually the girls were taken in and fostered by family in the US.
My mom told me she always believed the family members fostered them just for the money. JMO MOO

IMO...In that interview, TW seemed like he was about to use the past tense then paused, stuttered on the word “they” turned away from the press and used a future tense instead with an emphasis on the word ARE . Seemed like he was trying very hard to make sure he doesn’t use a past tense...starting at about @2:39 in the posted video. And what he says makes no sense either. They are going to be rambunctious and are going to be in this area? Huh?

Seems like he’s trying to remember a story that he’d practiced....

Bbm and sbm

our boys they they ( looks away) ARE

going to be

rambunctious okay (clears throat)

they ARE going to be here in this area

and i really would like to go into

houses but it's not because

i want to invade people's privacy i just

want to know...

JMO

Last edited:
Excuse me. I never said vandalazing the home was ok, or that the bio fam has anything to do with the boys missing. I was responding to someone wondering if bio family was concerned about the boys. Clearly the aunt us concerned. That's all. MOO
I’m really sorry but I don’t think my post came across as I had intended. I meant no disrespect to your post, at all. I guess I worded it badly? I didn’t mean you putting in your “two cents”, I meant the aunt. Yes, she is concerned, but these matters are best left for LE. The yelling at the adoptive parents just seemed “over-the-top” to me and unnecessary. JMHO

IMO...In that interview, TW seemed like he was about to use the past tense then paused, stuttered on the word “they” turned away from the press and used a future tense instead with an emphasis on the word ARE . Seemed like he was trying very hard to make sure he doesn’t use a past tense...starting at about @2:39 in the posted video. And what he says makes no sense either. They are going to be rambunctious and are going to be in this area? Huh?

Bbm and sbm

going to be

want to know...

JMO
Good catch, @Curious-A !

Umm.
I wouldn't let him into my house to 'search'. Just saying.

Bbm and sbm

going to be

want to know...

JMO
I felt that too. He was just about to start the word “were” and stopped and switched it just in time to the present tense.
Calling them rambunctious is not particularly endearing in this current situation, especially with zero other descriptors, moo

This is just my opinion, and I may be completely wrong, but I don't think the adoptive parents had anything to do with this. Something just seems different. I truly hope LE, detectives, whoever look at everyone associated with these two kids. I watched the video interview of the parents again. Something is off and its not with the adoptive parents. JMO.
My first impression agrees with you. I thought the adoptive parents were clearly scared and nervous, but seemed genuine.
That being said, the FBI and other agencies being involved, the digging up the back yard and bags of evidence being collected seemingly refute that impression.

I think there will be a break very soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'd be open to considering bio family or local sex offender involvement if it wasn't for a) the fact LE have suggested, even vaguely, that there's no concrete proof the boys ever lived there and b) video footage doesn't show anyone leaving the house during that time.

I’ve had similar thoughts. For both boys to go missing, along with their bio Mom clearly being unhappy about the adoption. But I keep going back to the timing of the adoptive parents other children being on vacation with Grandma ... seems so coincidental. I guess I’m stuck in limbo until there is more information to go on.

I'd be open to considering bio family or local sex offender involvement if it wasn't for a) the fact LE have suggested, even vaguely, that there's no concrete proof the boys ever lived there and b) video footage doesn't show anyone leaving the house during that time.

Wait. Anyone? Not even Mr West going out to gather the firewood?

I think the aunt has hopped on the band wagon and it all about her. When did she last see the boys? What contact does she have with them. It seems that this was not an open adoption and the bio family does not keep in touch. MOO
I doubt she has had any contact with them since they were placed in foster care after they were born. She didn't seem to know that they had been adopted. (She asked, You're the foster parents, right?) She also asked how long they had lived there.

She probably only found out where and who they lived with when the biological mom was told they disappeared.

Most adoptions today are "open" but that doesn't necessarily mean the parents communicate with the biological parent or that the birth parents are allowed to visit the children. Each situation is different.

Many times it is limited to access to medical records and other information about how the children are doing. It all depends on what conditions were put in place before the adoption was finalized.

Imo

I will back almost any adoptive parent because it can be hell trying to help children with trauma heal while family/friends judge from the outside.

However, wow this is so sketchy.

I’m hoping that maaaaaybe the police and family are working quietly to get the children back from someone in the children’s past. That would explain the lack of serious emotion on the parents part, and the lack of searching/communication.

I do want to add, TW stated he looked for the children at 5:30, officers arrived at 5:45. I’m not sure where the “waited too long to call police” theory came from. Hoping this wasn’t all staged. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member