Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bio mom would need resources to pull this off, resources I doubt she has. I'm surprised after LE's actions we are even entertaining anything but the obvious. But then again, stranger things have happened .....

It sounds like she did have lots of support. Where were they when she was losing the children...?

Yes, they did, but if half of the story is a lie, likely the other half is too! :) MOO
Well, that's true but if I remember correctly LE did not say that no-one was observed using the gate. He only said the children were not seen using the gate. The father may have used it at one point if he left the house with the van. We also don't know whether or not it was open when police arrived. If it was, someone must have been seen opening it.

Hopefully police know when he left, how long he was gone and where he went. I wonder if he had his cellphone with him or if the van has GPS.

This is just my opinion, and I may be completely wrong, but I don't think the adoptive parents had anything to do with this. Something just seems different. I truly hope LE, detectives, whoever look at everyone associated with these two kids. I watched the video interview of the parents again. Something is off and its not with the adoptive parents. JMO.
You didn't find their on air interview to be strange? Two days of wondering where my 3&4 yr olds are would have me medicated and pleading for their safety...
Obviously that's my opinion. They come off as well rehearsed to me, like, "this is my story and I'm sticking to it!"

..... It seems that this was not an open adoption and the bio family does not keep in touch. MOO
RSBM

An adoption can be "open" but once it's final there is no recourse if the adopting parents decide to not honor the agreement. I believe it's easier for the child, once 18, to track down biological parents but my son is totally at the mercy of his daughter's parents.

RSBM

An adoption can be "open" but once it's final there is no recourse if the adopting parents decide to not honor the agreement. I believe it's easier for the child, once 18, to track down biological parents but my son is totally at the mercy of his daughter's parents.

Likewise, if the open adoption agreement is not kept by biological parents (no updated address, missing visits, etc), then the agreement is null and void.

Facebook made it extremely easy for us to find bios and them to find us... which sucks because it should be up to the children. That said, we have incredible relationships with two bio moms.

I will back almost any adoptive parent because it can be hell trying to help children with trauma heal while family/friends judge from the outside.

However, wow this is so sketchy.

I’m hoping that maaaaaybe the police and family are working quietly to get the children back from someone in the children’s past. That would explain the lack of serious emotion on the parents part, and the lack of searching/communication.

I do want to add, TW stated he looked for the children at 5:30, officers arrived at 5:45. I’m not sure where the “waited too long to call police” theory came from. Hoping this wasn’t all staged. MOO
In his interview TW stated the children went missing "just before it got dark," around 4:30 or 5:00.

Wouldn't it start getting dark before five pm there? If he searched at 5:30, why would he wait more than 30 minutes to look for them after he realized they were missing?

But yes, according to the timeframe they gave, it seems they didn't wait that long to call police.

@dillysmom11 That's awesome that you have those relationships. We spent years and so much $$$ to find hubby's bio mom, still looking for dad.

IMO, bio mom in this case didn't seem to care much, she only knew what happened "up to the last court hearing"... I'm thinking (moo!) after the TPR she didn't concern herself with the situation. Forgive me, that actually sounds judgy and that's not my intent...but...to have your parental rights terminated isn't easy.

Edit: this is a compilation of different members.

1. LE has said no-one has been ruled out so I would assume anyone close to the boys would be POI's.

2. They must have found solid evidence that points to the home since they were able to obtain warrants for the house and the vehicle so quickly.

3. They removed several brown bags and a large duffel bag from the house, while the father stated they only took their phones.

4. They also quickly carried out a second search and collected more evidence which indicates they found something incriminating after the first search of the home and property.

5. LE said the boys scent never left the home and they have not been able to make out how the boys left the house, even though the father implied they left through an open gate after playing in the yard.

6. Neighbors claim to have never seen the children since the family moved there in September.

7. Police say that although they are cooperating, they do not know where the parents are, but someone knows, and they hope they will come forward.

8. The remaining four children have been placed in protective custody.

9. LE are not searching the neighborhood or the desert but instead are concentrating on the home.

10. LE dug up their back yard, with the sound of what a neighbor said sounded like jackhammers.

11. LE showed up with guns drawn.

12. Adoptive parents never use their son's names.

13. AP's didn’t express concern for what their children are going through; no plea i.e.,-“if someone has Orrin and Orson please don’t hurt them, do the right thing and call the authorities, let them come home to their famiy."

There is more to add. I've been MIA for a few days so I know I have missed information.

Last edited:
Well, that's true but if I remember correctly LE did not say that no-one was observed using the gate. He only said the children were not seen using the gate. The father may have used it at one point if he left the house with the van. We also don't know whether or not it was open when police arrived. If it was, someone must have been seen opening it.

Hopefully police know when he left, how long he was gone and where he went. I wonder if he had his cellphone with him or if the van has GPS.
You’re absolutely right! All good points. :)

Thanks to all for the updates.
These missing wee people cases really tear at my heartstrings. I’ve followed some here closely, JBR, AJ F., Noah T, Cupcake, as well as several other little ones, some of whom are sadly still missing under suspicious circumstances. They are all heartwrenchingly sad, and since Gannon’s case just about gutted me, sleepless nights for months, I swore I’d never open another missing child’s thread again, but alas, here I am. Following Orrin and Orson’s case, and little Nylo L.’s case right now. Sigh.

I started following Orrin and Orson’s a little late but have read all the pages in the thread and finally caught up. The following are some of my observations and thoughts:
In the video of the adoptive parents TW & JW, a few things things stood out to me: the parents seemed too calm- no sense of panic, urgency; TW’s description/telling of how Orrin & Orson ended up missing set off my hinky meter; parents didn’t refer to their children by their names; parents didn’t express concern for what their children are going through; no desperate plea i.e.,-“if someone has Orrin and Orson please don’t hurt them, do the right thing and call the authorities, let them come home to their family,” etc.

Other concerning things: neighbors report having never seen the children since the family moved to the neighborhood; one of the little guys has/had a fractured leg, other children are at Grandma’s on “vacation” when Orrin and Orson go missing; the police Chief commented “not necessarily” after being asked if they found evidence of Orrin and Orson having lived in the home; the other children have been removed from the home and placed in Protective Custody.

After watching the video of the Police Chief: I thought he was very professional and as transparent as he could be answering reporter’s questions. I thought his demeanor was very serious and he means business. He reiterated that his team is working ‘round the clock, the FBI is assisting etc. I also got the sense, reading between the lines, that he knows what happened here, and wants desperately to find these babies. I believe and have faith in this Chief, that he and his team will bring this case to resolution, and ensure justice is served for Orrin & Orson.

Hoping and praying Orrin and Orson are found soon.

All of the above is IMHOO.

Last edited:
Question- why am I remembering 8pm for cop call? I thought that was reported early on and then someone here later posted some kind of call transcript that showed 8pm? So sorry if we already cleared this up and I missed it.

I think the firewood was integral to TW story for answering when/why/how because he anticipated lots of questions from LE and community.
Everyone knows how sketchy the “I woke up and they were gone, abduction!!” Sounds to LE. Leaving them in the unfenced front yard would have sounded neglectful and they likely thought of neighbor camera placement. He needed a reason for the back gate to be open without sounding neglectful.
With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on camera collecting wood, as they rehearsed they likely knew they’d need some evidence to corroborate their story. I’d be interested though to see if he quick collected some wood during a completely different timeframe. Moo

Edit: this is a compilation of different members.

1. LE has said no-one has been ruled out so I would assume anyone close to the boys would be POI's.

2. They must have found solid evidence that points to the home since they were able to obtain warrants for the house and the vehicle so quickly.

3. They removed several brown bags and a large duffel bag from the house, while the father stated they only took their phones.

4. They also quickly carried out a second search and collected more evidence which indicates they found something incriminating after the first search of the home and property.

5. LE said the boys scent never left the home and they have not been able to make out how the boys left the house, even though the father implied they left through an open gate after playing in the yard.

6. Neighbors claim to have never seen the children since the family moved there in September.

7. Police say that although they are cooperating, they do not know where the parents are, but someone knows, and they hope they will come forward.

8. The remaining four children have been placed in protective custody.

9. LE are not searching the neighborhood or the desert but instead are concentrating on the home.

10. LE dug up their back yard, with the sound of what a neighbor said sounded like jackhammers.

11. LE showed up with guns drawn.

12. Adoptive parents never use their son's names.

13. AP's didn’t express concern for what their children are going through; no plea i.e.,-“if someone has Orrin and Orson please don’t hurt them, do the right thing and call the authorities, let them come home to their famiy."

There is more to add. I've been MIA for a few days so I know I have missed information.

Thank you very much for doing this Warwick7

When something is repeated it's noted as sensitive, He repeats the word "gate"/left open". This maybe his alibi. In other words. I/we didn't harm the kids they must have got out or someone came through the gate and took them. Charge me with neglect not involvement of their disappearance, Think the McCanns. They said they left the apartment "open" [alibi] and someone must a have taken, Maddie. The least they should have been charged with is neglect.

Question- why am I remembering 8pm for cop call? I thought that was reported early on and then someone here later posted some kind of call transcript that showed 8pm? So sorry if we already cleared this up and I missed it.

I think the firewood was integral to TW story for answering when/why/how because he anticipated lots of questions from LE and community.
Everyone knows how sketchy the “I woke up and they were gone, abduction!!” Sounds to LE. Leaving them in the unfenced front yard would have sounded neglectful and they likely thought of neighbor camera placement. He needed a reason for the back gate to be open without sounding neglectful.
With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on camera collecting wood, as they rehearsed they likely knew they’d need some evidence to corroborate their story. I’d be interested though to see if he quick collected some wood during a completely different timeframe. Moo
I interested in knowing if LE observed chalk on the cemented (?) areas where the children were allegedly "playing with chalk". And was the chalk left in that area? The chalk seems important here, unless of course, it was planted post "disappearance".

How I want this to NOT be the adoptive parents involved. How I want this to be some well intended but misguided bio member of the family who has whisked these kids off.

Despite my hopes, I have never seen these types of hopeful outcomes after the police have been digging in someone's backyard.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I interested in knowing if LE observed chalk on the cemented (?) areas where the children were allegedly "playing with chalk". And was the chalk left in that area? The chalk seems important here, unless of course, it was planted post "disappearance".

How I want this to NOT be the adoptive parents involved. How I want this to be some well intended but misguided bio member of the family who has whisked these kids off.

Despite my hopes, I have never seen these types of hopeful outcomes after the police have been digging in someone's backyard.

Amateur opinion and speculation
If someone took these kids, it would have been caught on camera. The children don't show up on camera leaving, not alone, not taken away by someone.

Agree on the "inside the house vs desert" theory. Especially as some people have mentioned, that the boys may have never actually made it to the new home. Can't find any DNA of them in the house? You can be pretty sure they never lived there. MOO
I am trying to get caught up in here now that the holidays are over and am confused on this post.
So, APs moved to new house, with other kids also, in Sept ??
None of the neighbors remember seeing the 2 boys since they moved in ??
So, are we thinking the boys have been gone since at least Sept??
How could 2 boys vanish and nobody notices for 2 or more months??
Does the agency who places foster/adopted children not follow up monthly or every few months ?? Of course, a phone call to AP would not prove if boys were there or not.
Even if the boys did make the move to the new house, neighbors have not seen them but there is what appears to be a high privacy fence in the back yard
UGH--- sure wish the 2 precious boys will be found soon !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam