TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to think of him being hit by this vehicle. Seems as if that equipment gives the driver quite a blind spot. (Photo from Salt Flat Rd. - Google maps)

Generally oil field workers and especially the truck drivers are long off the clock and don't generally run late hours.

I'm thinking more of a pick up with a cattle guard. And hitting someone may not leave as much evidence as you'd think.

I had an across the street neighbor one time literally run over her child in the driveway years and years ago. You wouldn't have known it looking on the driveway.

BTW that child is now a mom to pretty big kids and had oddly enough "minor" injuries from it.

This has been my suspicion all along...
Do we know for sure they didn’t know he was heading home? I am confused...I thought his parents said he was on his way home for Christmas break....just because they were asleep at 2 am when police called to notify them of the wrecked car doesn’t mean they didn’t know he was in his way...I am just confused...

Do we know for sure they didn’t know he was heading home? I am confused...I thought his parents said he was on his way home for Christmas break....just because they were asleep at 2 am when police called to notify them of the wrecked car doesn’t mean they didn’t know he was in his way...I am just confused...
No, we do not.

I think it is safe to assume that TES are one of the most highly professional and highly regarded SAR teams in the US if not the world.
They would have checked and not just instigated highly expensive and time taking searches on a maybe.
Links to their resources posted upthread.
ETA How, When and Why We Search
They are outstanding. The key to folks like these that are at the top of their game is that they readily know and admit their limitations.
They have carried out DNA testing on his car.
There is nothing to suggest it wasn't himself driving it.
They have carried out DNA testing on his car.
There is nothing to suggest it wasn't himself driving it.
.. And how do we know this? Where was this stated?

They are outstanding. The key to folks like these that are at the top of their game is that they readily know and admit their limitations.

.. And how do we know this? Where was this stated?
I posted a link that contained this exact information earlier today.
ETA do you consider their 'limitations ' to include running searches on the wrong person's clothes because that is the post to which I was responding?

I do not know any more than has been posted on the thread but early on if I recall correctly the mother had made a statement to the news to the affect that they didn’t expect him home that soon (I interpreted as meaning on that particular day). It should still be on previous posts. If I was Jason’s parents and learned his car had been found on a route toward home, I too would then assume he was enroute home - I just have not seen anything posted that affirms that they knew his plans for sure. If the common explanation/theory (he walked away from crash and is out there somewhere) holds true then my speculation/opinion is off base but there have been cases where the obvious theory wasn’t what really happened and it wasn’t learned until much later. I’d hate for the authorities to miss an opportunity to resolve this but they are certainly the professionals and know what they’re doing.

In this video posted by @Seattle1 earlier includes an interview with a man who has a deer lease in the area. He mentioned the uncapped oil wells, but he also mentioned saltwater disposals.
I’m unfamiliar with them; are they something a person could possibly get trapped in or crawl under and be hidden from view?

I do not know any more than has been posted on the thread but early on if I recall correctly the mother had made a statement to the news to the affect that they didn’t expect him home that soon (I interpreted as meaning on that particular day). It should still be on previous posts. If I was Jason’s parents and learned his car had been found on a route toward home, I too would then assume he was enroute home - I just have not seen anything posted that affirms that they knew his plans for sure. If the common explanation/theory (he walked away from crash and is out there somewhere) holds true then my speculation/opinion is off base but there have been cases where the obvious theory wasn’t what really happened and it wasn’t learned until much later. I’d hate for the authorities to miss an opportunity to resolve this but they are certainly the professionals and know what they’re doing.

Those scenarios aren’t mutually exclusive imo. He could’ve been in the area for reasons other than a trip home but encountered the same ending (accident, walk away injured, not found yet). But FWIW as of right now I’m still of the opinion that he was on his way home and something weird (but not criminal) led to a tragic accident.

In this video posted by @Seattle1 earlier includes an interview with a man who has a deer lease in the area. He mentioned the uncapped oil wells, but he also mentioned saltwater disposals.
I’m unfamiliar with them; are they something a person could possibly get trapped in or crawl under and be hidden from view?
There was a sign for a large looking disposal site on the salt rd... I saw it earlier while 'walking' the street map.
It didnt specify saltwater so I'm not sure what it refers?
I'm also unfamiliar with them so no useful info to add.

Probably because any measurable river will be in the opposite direction from the crash site. Go back 5 miles to the light/ intersection and the San Marcos River you can see would be south towards the IH-10. If he crashed and wandered away near the IH-10 interchange, I'd be looking in the San Marcos River. MOO
y

I was suggesting this in relationship to my theory that he was hit and someone wanted to dump the body away from the crime scene.

Doing a Google search, they don’t look like something you’d fall into. They look similar to big silos.

I sure hope they looked at all places like this. Not sure how far away this is from accident site. I could see him walking along the road in the dark and accidentally falling here. Then depending how he fell, he could get entangled under water.

Attachments

• 84A1B540-35B5-4910-AF83-67B2AFB5D6A0.jpeg
    84A1B540-35B5-4910-AF83-67B2AFB5D6A0.jpeg
    795 KB · Views: 111
I sure hope they looked at all places like this. Not sure how far away this is from accident site. I could see him walking along the road in the dark and accidentally falling here. Then depending how he fell, he could get entangled under water.

just pulled it up on Google Maps. It's a pretty fair clip ....in the opposite direction. Still, it's worth looking at IMHO

Yes, even if you live rural.

This was a city kid. He's fall thru trying I'm sure.

It was dark. I don't think he'd venture off the road.
Agreed, if one is unfamiliar with cattle guards they would most likely fall. I agree with you that he wouldn't venture off the road though, so a cattle guard is likely not an option. It is interesting to consider, though, does the entrance to the property of the abandoned house have a cattle guard? In any event, he would have been there because it was near the road. People are also discussing cattle guards on trucks, which are different than these types of cattle guards, which are like grates in the ground, normally found at a gate or driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600