Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #128

Status
Not open for further replies.
So question, if this is the case, then why wouldn’t they say they’ve isolated two voices on the recording?

(again, respectful discussion, no drama here lol)

They wouldn’t and for one very good reason.

If LE knows there were two voices different voices on the recordings of “guys” and “down the hill”, they’re jeopardizing any future conviction by having officially declared the audio and video are one and the same man as the man on the bridge. Every defence lawyer loves a botched investigation.

JMO

Any time you have to be at a scene of two little girls, murdered, you never forget that, you can never unsee it. It will haunt you to the end of your days. He will work this case long after he retires, he will always remember that scene, down to what it smelled like. But it is like that for most murder scenes, but worse when you victims are so young and innocent.
BUT the unusual secrecy around the details helps that ( very violent crime ) impression to persist.. that there is an emotional treatment of the case ..

Any time you have to be at a scene of two little girls, murdered, you never forget that, you can never unsee it. It will haunt you to the end of your days. He will work this case long after he retires, he will always remember that scene, down to what it smelled like. But it is like that for most murder scenes, but worse when you victims are so young and innocent.

BUT the unusual secrecy around the details helps that ( very violent crime ) impression to persist.. that there is an emotional treatment of the case ..

Which, IMO, further incites this wasn’t a “random” attack. This is coincided with LE saying it’s a isolated event and for the community to remain calm.

Which, IMO, further incites this wasn’t a “random” attack. This is coincided with LE saying it’s a isolated event and for the community to remain calm.

Do you a link to “isolated event”? How could LE possibly know?

Three Years Later: Everything we know about the murders of Libby German & Abby Williams in Delphi
“I can’t say there’s not a threat to the community,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley told RTV6 at the time. "We have not caught the person yet. Is the person still in the community? We don’t know.”..”

LE said a lot of things at the outset of this case that seemed to be beyond what they could possibly have known at the time. Other things they said they have completely flipped on in the last four years. Not to mention the myriad of times they have had to clarify or correct things they have said, sometimes in formal press conferences.
I do think the key to this case is something early in the case, but I think it’s more important to look at what they DID than what they SAID.
Just my thoughts.

I don't know how many times we need to go over the same thing. LE never stated that it wasn't a random attack; their language was far more non-committal than that. And the only time they expressed the view that it was unlikely to have been random was at one of the first pressers, within days of the murders, when they were only beginning to analyze whatever evidence they had collected.

Their main goal at that presser was to calm the public, so anything that they said needs to be viewed through that lens. They did not want a public panic on their hands.

If this had not been a random attack, they would have collared the perp by now. Everything that's developed in the nearly three years since the first presser proves that it was a random attack.

It is very disingenuous to quote LE's statements from the first presser and pretend that those statements reflect LE's present view of the case.

Last edited:
I don't know how many times we need to go over the same thing. LE never stated that it wasn't a random attack; their language far was more non-committal than that. And the only time they expressed the view that it was unlikely to have been random was at one of the first pressers, within days of the murders, when they were only beginning to analyze whatever evidence they had collected.

Their main goal at that presser was to calm the public, so anything that they said needs to be viewed through that lens. They did not want a public panic on their hands.

If this had not been a random attack, they would have collared the perp by now. Everything that's developed in the nearly three years since the first presser proves that it was a random attack.

It is very disingenuous to quote LE's statements from the first presser and pretend that those statements reflect LE's present view of the case.

I just linked a 2019 video above which contradicts quite a bit regarding what you’ve said. And I completely disagree a random event is sole reason a arrest hasn’t been made.

It’s also no means “disingenuous” to quote (this not being one, of course) old articles or quotes by LE — particularly when LE has claimed they were on to something early.

Last edited:
So question, if this is the case, then why wouldn’t they say they’ve isolated two voices on the recording?

(again, respectful discussion, no drama here lol)
I get that you are being respectful, I just don't think they have released as much info as they should have for this length of time, with Audio and video of the perp and from what I know enough audio to know what happened during this heinous crime of these two beautiful children, I also think there are other powers at force in Carroll County that are not working as hard as they could to solve this case, and I understand that may sound harsh, but I don't see how they just keep waiting (almost 4 years) for that 1 tip that will solve this case but are unwilling to do any public updating on the case at all, so if you want help then keep the story out there are give the public small bits to work with, otherwise it looks like this is a case someone really doesn't want solved and at that point the only real question is WHY?

Best guess, if BG is just there for that day, why is he there? I am assuming he is from the area and came back for some reason. Hunting trip, visiting family, or friends, or just decided to go there just in case the opportunity to kill that day is there. He is prepared, so I think it is a planned trip to the park, but why that day? Also what kind of job opportunities are there in Delphi, if he worked there in the past? Just wondering...
May not have been a job opportunity, but an opportunity none the less if you know that someone is going to be in the woods. And that if you happen to hurt someone's children you will also hurt them this would not be the first time a crime like that has happened. IMO

I just linked a 2019 video above which contradicts quite a bit regarding what you’ve said.

And I completely disagree that a random event is sole reason a arrest hasn’t been made.

It’s also no means “disingenuous” to quote (this not being one, of course) old articles or quotes by LE. As mentioned, if you want to waddle in current theory regarding a uncoordinated (but coordinated) vicious crime, then good luck!
This is a quote from the video you posted:
"More of a concern for me as a law enforcement leader was that we obviously did not want to create a large amount of paranoia or concern where individuals or families would have to constantly, if you will, be looking over their shoulder all the time wondering, you know, 'Who's that behind me?' That's no way for a community to live, in my opinion."
He has basically admitted that a desire keep the public calm was the motivating factor behind those statements.

They wouldn’t and for one very good reason.

If LE knows there were two voices different voices on the recordings of “guys” and “down the hill”, they’re jeopardizing any future conviction by having officially declared the audio and video are one and the same man as the man on the bridge. Every defence lawyer loves a botched investigation.

JMO
I am not saying that one person said "guys" and another said "down the hill" what I am saying is that after that we don't know what happened did the girls take off running to try and get away? And at that point were there more than one person chasing after them? Or if they were ordered where to go and what to do was there more than one voice picked up on the recording of that? I don't think the person/people doing the crime had any idea at all that they were being recorded because if that would have been known the phone would have never been recovered.

"More of a concern for me as a law enforcement leader was that we obviously did not want to create a large amount of paranoia or concern where individuals or families would have to constantly, if you will, be looking over their shoulder all the time wondering, you know, 'Who's that behind me?' That's no way for a community to live, in my opinion."
He has basically admitted that a desire keep the public calm was the motivating factor behind those statements.
I can only speak for myself had this happened in my community where 2 innocent girls were attacked and killed in a heinous manner and after almost 4 years it still had not be solved with video and audio evidence there would be nothing anyone in LE could say to me to make me not panic or not be paranoid and looking over my shoulder or feel safe in that community

And I think LE knows it was not random and I think they have a real good idea the motive and they may want to try and reassure the public for these exact reasons.

It’s quite disingenuous you didn’t finish his quote, so I will: “we just wanted to convey that message that was solely related to, or isolated, if you will to the individuals involved. And so there was no factual information to believe we were dealing with an ongoing situation with someone out there in the community, so I felt assured then, and still feel that way, honestly, that this is something the community is safe.

Last edited:
Well I for one think it is one person that did this, it was a crime of opportunity and he is not a threat to the community because.... he is on video, so I think he will just move on to another kill site. He most likely did know the area, could have been a kid that lived in the area, growing up, could even be a foster kid, we don't know the connection, but he has been there before. He was brazen to take 2 girls, in broad daylight, go to an area that had a house and farm just up the hill, lots of hikers out on that nice day and spend time doing his evil deed and then, just walk out of there. He left no real DNA that we know of, or he isn't concerned with that, because he is not in the system. This case is maddening. But lots of cases go unsolved. But some cases get solved 40 years later, so we can keep on keep on.

New to the forum, but really interested in this case. I heard that there was a “lot” of evidence at the scene of the crime, but they have only released a short video clip and 2 totally different sketches. Does anyone know of any other evidence?

does anyone remember seeing the enhanced photo where it actually looks as though this is not a hat but more a Justin beiber haircut or wig? I apologize in advance if I saw this elsewhere. maybe the source of that wouldn't be allowed..does anyone remember this? mOO

A MOO and IIRC--it was the video that Gray Hughes released showing BG looped to simulate walking. I remember commenting on it at the time, because it was the first time I was able to see the possibility of a young BG, and the Justin Bieber haircut was specifically discussed. I am not sure what thread #, though.

does anyone remember seeing the enhanced photo where it actually looks as though this is not a hat but more a Justin beiber haircut or wig? I apologize in advance if I saw this elsewhere. maybe the source of that wouldn't be allowed..does anyone remember this? mOO

Look for ZZBBALL22's posts in thread 107. That member did an analysis. I would post a link, but don't know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans