Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of us have run out of things to discuss and are just waiting for bodies to be found. The chances that not one but two little boys are safe somewhere or were kidnapped by a concerned party is pretty much nil. Same with them just walking away from the yard and not a single thing found around the property in more than two weeks...nope, I don’t believe it. I’m not sure what I think happened to them or at whose hand, but I hope LE can bring a resolution to this case for Orrin and Orsin. Moo

In my family, the grandparents wouldn't be watching children for an extended amount of time, for a "vacation." Does that seem very unusual to anyone else except me? I find myself wondering how and why they convinced the grandparents to take the older kids for awhile.

Also moving into your own house but claiming the young children aren't ever allowed to play freely in the backyard? I'd be sitting on the porch drinking coffee and watching them go wild back there from day 1. Maybe I just don't understand their lifestyle.

I think most of us have run out of things to discuss and are just waiting for bodies to be found. The chances that not one but two little boys are safe somewhere or were kidnapped by a concerned party is pretty much nil. Same with them just walking away from the yard and not a single thing found around the property in more than two weeks...nope, I don’t believe it. I’m not sure what I think happened to them or at whose hand, but I hope LE can bring a resolution to this case for Orrin and Orsin. Moo
Nil. I am puzzled by what could’ve possibly happened. Accident and panic is what I’m leaning toward. Or long term abuse-death. Can’t believe two boys vanished in thin air the one day they get to breathe some that’s fresh.
Covid has been brutal, the lockdown and isolation has to be hard on parents with so many little ones. Did someone snap? MOO IMO

Nil. I am puzzled by what could’ve possibly happened. Accident and panic is what I’m leaning toward.
Can’t believe two boys vanished in thin air the one day they get to breathe some that’s fresh.
MOO IMO
Snipped for focus.
Agreed.
I an imagine one child falling or getting injured accidentally-- but both of them ??
And even if something horrible happened like a hot car death (not that this occurred imo as it was cold out) ; where are they ?
Why not call 911 ?
MOO

Last edited:
Did anyone find out where they used to live? Does it have a fireplace? I keep going back to the fireplace story. I have found that when people tell a story in some cases at least PART of it is true. I'm playing their story in my head that that firewood/fireplace talk keeps bugging me. IMO

Questions for those who have followed many cases, is it normal for the police to tell parents of missing kids stay inside and wait, don't search?

Also I know its a pandemic but the face covering seems excessive.

IMO I do know when a child was briefly missing in my neighborhood, that was the first thing the police wanted when they arrived was for the parents to get back to the house & stay there. They had one police officer stay with the parents while asking questions as other cars & neighbors searched around the neighborhood. They responded within minutes. The child had wandered away & was found soon (within a half hour) by a neighbor & police officer. So, I think it is pretty common early on in LE's response to have the parents stay put.

IMO I do know when a child was briefly missing in my neighborhood, that was the first thing the police wanted when they arrived was for the parents to get back to the house & stay there. They had one police officer stay with the parents while asking questions as other cars & neighbors searched around the neighborhood. They responded within minutes. The child had wandered away & was found soon (within a half hour) by a neighbor & police officer. So, I think it is pretty common early on in LE's response to have the parents stay put.
The police chief stated they never asked them to during that media conference, though. It is common for them to do that initially (so they don't drive off searching in a panic, or destroy evidence etc) so that they can speak with them and calm them down first. Doesn't seem to be the case here though

MOO

The police chief stated they never asked them to during that media conference, though. It is common for them to do that initially (so they don't drive off searching in a panic, or destroy evidence etc) so that they can speak with them and calm them down first. Doesn't seem to be the case here though

MOO
Really? The chief said the parents were not told to stay in the house or that they couldn't search? I didn't realize he addressed that specific statement by the parents.

Agree with all of this. The swaying and not able to form a sentence without emotion threw me. Dad is (at least trying to be) in total control of this interview and it seems she is following. Think her nerves got the best of her and she went off-script. I hope I’m wrong.
Neighbors have never seen the boys out, yet on this particular day, they are allowed to play outside? The one day they go missing? And it’s because mom is wrapping presents? I’ve wrapped many a present for my children when they were young, and that’s why you go into another room away from your little ones to do it. Close a door.
Still would like to know when the last sighting of the two was and their condition at that time. Were they happy/healthy/sad?

Where are they?! MOO IMO

Or wait until they go to sleep, kids that young don’t stay up late. Dad could have entertained them in the living room while she’s in a room wrapping gifts.

I wonder if there was any evidence of firewood, the fireplace being lit recently, presents for O&O, or any chalk found outside?

Or wait until they go to sleep, kids that young don’t stay up late. Dad could have entertained them in the living room while she’s in a room wrapping gifts.

I wonder if there was any evidence of firewood, the fireplace being lit recently, presents for O&O, or any chalk found outside?
bbm
I wondered that as well.
Just think if there were no gifts or wrapping paper/gift bags being prepared !
That would get LE's interest piqued.
Imo.

Also, were the boys potty trained? Any evidence of dirty diapers in the trash? MOO

So the gift bag with one of the boys names on it was found by a volunteer searching for the boys apparently.

https://twitter.com/lezlagoodentv/status/1345665083666436096?s=21

“On Saturday, nearly 200 volunteers searched a portion of the desert looking for any trace of the West boys. An item was found in the desert with one of the boy's name. #californiacity #orrinwest #orsonwest (@23ABCNews”

MOO
@Bopit, the video is 21:31 minutes long. I have listened to it several times and did not hear this. Will you please point us to where the chief stated they didn't ask the parents to stay in the home? (If that's what you're saying.) Thank you. MOO

Did anyone find out where they used to live? Does it have a fireplace? I keep going back to the fireplace story. I have found that when people tell a story in some cases at least PART of it is true. I'm playing their story in my head that that firewood/fireplace talk keeps bugging me. IMO
JAN 3, 2021
Volunteers look for Cal City missing boys around their former apartment in Bakersfield | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
TW and JW and their 6 kids, lived at Casa Loma Apartments, in Bakersfield. They moved from Bakersfield to California City in September.

(I don't know if the apartments have fireplaces.)

So the gift bag with one of the boys names on it was found by a volunteer searching for the boys apparently.

https://twitter.com/lezlagoodentv/status/1345665083666436096?s=21

“On Saturday, nearly 200 volunteers searched a portion of the desert looking for any trace of the West boys. An item was found in the desert with one of the boy's name. #californiacity #orrinwest #orsonwest (@23ABCNews”
JAN 3, 2021
Bakersfield residents search for two missing California City boys | KGET 17
On Saturday – one search party found a Christmas present that had one of the boys’ names on it. But 17News found it was the same present a neighbor had dropped off in front of the adoptive parents’ house last Monday – a week after the boys were reported missing.

They previously lived at the Casa Loma Apartments in Bakersfield, no fireplace. Volunteers look for Cal City missing boys around their former apartment in Bakersfield

IMO the details on gathering wood and building a fire, were given only to explain the open gate and how the boys disappeared. Without that back story, the gate is closed and the boys can't leave on their own accord.

All we know is the gift bag with Orson’s name on it. But that could have been a gift left outside from the community.
That's right. ^^^

Admittedly I'm curious about what exactly LE found inside the house.

If TW and JW moved in Sept., have Orrin and Orson been missing since then ??
This has to be difficult for LE, hence the reason they brought in the fbi.
The boys could be anywhere !
4 months give or take a few weeks is a long head start.

LE must know when the older boy's 'vacation' started ?
Which we the public won't be privy to as Imo it's part of the investigation.
The SW and digging make me think LE aren't looking for live children.
MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members