Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would a title company accept POA without a physicians certificate?
I have no idea. But.... When we bought our house, I had a series of conversations with our realtor who is also a church friend.

He gave me the distinct impression that agents, loan companies, title companies, lawyers etc. from either the selling or the buying side really and truly don't like weird or strange circumstances regarding property.

Not only are there criminal concerns, but I think there is a real fear from pros that strange things tend to snowball into complex legal or administrative headaches. Headaches then take time and energy to resolve. In contrast, the pros like to be in and out of a transaction fast.

So....as an added complexity being able to accept something legally might not mean that they would be actually willing to do so.

There is another case I’ve been following and it is

Jake Cefolia.IL - IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020
He is missing. He had a POA in place and his house was on market when he disappeared and sold while he is missing with POA signing. I was surprised.

I read my POA. I live in Pennsylvania so I am sure they vary state to state. Mine indicates a physician must declare me disabled or incapacitated. Which is what most people would want I believe. So would a title company accept POA without a physicians certificate. We have not heard anything from LE that they have sufficient evidence to determine Alan is deceased. Unless LE provided this to the family and are keeping it quiet for some reason.

I have no idea. But.... When we bought our house, I had a series of conversations with our realtor who is also a church friend.

He gave me the distinct impression that agents, loan companies, title companies, lawyers etc. from either the selling or the buying side really and truly don't like weird or strange circumstances regarding property.

Not only are there criminal concerns, but I think there is a real fear from pros that strange things tend to snowball into complex legal or administrative headaches. Headaches then take time and energy to resolve. In contrast, the pros like to be in and out of a transaction fast.

So....as an added complexity being able to accept something legally might not mean that they would be actually willing to do so.

He had a POA in place and his house was on market when he disappeared and sold while he is missing with POA signing. I was surprised.

It is probably just of shopping around for the a realtor wanting to handle it- and then being patient for a buyer who also has people willing to handle it

Our realtor was close to retirement. That may of supported his feelings that strangeness involving titles was just not worth it.

So I tested my car. I cannot lock my car with the key fob or the door button if my door is open. Also, If I lock the car and then throw the key back through a open window or sunroof, the alarm goes off. This was surprising and made me panic!! :):pI did not test how long the alarm would sound as I did not want to disturb my neighbors. But maybe that would not be a problem in the area the car was found. I think all alarms turn off eventually.
Thanks so much for testing this! Sorry for raising your blood pressure in the process, we didn’t expect that either!
JMO seems safe to say that Alan’s car keys were likely NOT locked in the car. Either it was locked with the dummy key inside or it was unlocked with the real key inside ... or the whole account was wrong. Thanks for your efforts @ChiCubs2016 !

The house is in both their names. It is a beautiful home, a bit to much white for me. Does Rusty work? Did they depend more on Alan's income to pay bills? I understand that this may be the only option for Rusty, on the other hand it leads me to believe he/they somehow know Alan is not returning. I, imo, think there was something more that caused Rusty to immediately go looking for him. Something that when it's made public, I'll nod my head.

We can't investigate Rusty's employment since he is a victim and, to my knowledge, his employment has not been reported by media. JMO.

Alan's position with KPMG places him into a high earner category, and, IMO, his salary is likely key to them affording the house. JMO.

So is that it, everyone goes silent and Alan is just forgotten about? His family needs answers. He seems like a great guy, hard working, family man.... Not the type to up and run off, but we've seen stranger things. There was such a short time window for things to go wrong, it would have had to have been wrong place/wrong time or a carefully calculated attack. There seems to be no motive for any scenario I can fathom. I check often for updates, in hopes of good news, any news. Thinking of Alan and his family and friends. All MOO and thinking 'out loud'.

...Police can get Alan's phone and texting records with a subpoena. Without Alan's phone is there any way police can find what popular apps Alan might have been using?

Yes, absolutely — Apple (App Store) and Google (Play Store) can provide the police with an overview of every single app downloaded, page visited, finger tap placed.

Source: I have been working in tech, with a strong focus on mobile apps, for 10+ years.

IMO herein lies the key.

I read my POA. I live in Pennsylvania so I am sure they vary state to state. Mine indicates a physician must declare me disabled or incapacitated. Which is what most people would want I believe. So would a title company accept POA without a physicians certificate. We have not heard anything from LE that they have sufficient evidence to determine Alan is deceased. Unless LE provided this to the family and are keeping it quiet for some reason.
Perhaps a same sex couple would, prior to same sex marriage being legal, have written and signed a more far reaching or broader reaching POA than customary giving each other the ability to handle certain things, like maybe a business transaction of some sort, without what we might be accustomed to expecting to see from a POA? Because they needed to protect themselves differently than a heterosexual married couple since they were not protected by marriage law in Texas prior to 2015. Who knows? I sold real estate eons ago and I agree many or most agents/brokers wouldn’t touch a listing where they thought there were likely to be title issues. But there’s always somebody. I won’t comment on any particulars because it’s been so long ago since I was licensed and in another state.

my other thought was that they own the house or business in someway where they are not joint tenants but someone above says that both names are on it, I think.

Perhaps a same sex couple would, prior to same sex marriage being legal, have written and signed a more far reaching or broader reaching POA than customary giving each other the ability to handle certain things, like maybe a business transaction of some sort, without what we might be accustomed to expecting to see from a POA? Because they needed to protect themselves differently than a heterosexual married couple since they were not protected by marriage law in Texas prior to 2015. Who knows? I sold real estate eons ago and I agree many or most agents/brokers wouldn’t touch a listing where they thought there were likely to be title issues. But there’s always somebody. I won’t comment on any particulars because it’s been so long ago since I was licensed and in another state.

my other thought was that they own the house or business in someway where they are not joint tenants but someone above says that both names are on it, I think.
Very possible and working in the mortgage/title industry very common.

So is that it, everyone goes silent and Alan is just forgotten about? His family needs answers.

RSBM
Not at all. Even those of us who are silent (myself, quite often) check the threads and the MSM for updates on this and other cases, and pray for optimal outcomes. Our silence on the site does not translate into a lack of attention or caring, just that it gets directed differently after enough time passes.

One thing that went through my mind this morning, was: If it really was a random robbery, surely the body would've turned up by now? Robbers, carjacker and their ilk will probably not spend much time premeditating where they may hide a body?

You rob someone at gunpoint (or knife), kill that person, make your getaway. And that's it.

This is what my mind keeps going back to: It's all far too complex, too sophisticated, for a simple hookup-gone-wrong or a robbery/carjacking.

Afterthought: Wouldn't the Mercedes have been caught on (traffic) camera on its trip to Kitty Street? With artificial intelligence, it wouldn't require a human being to watch hundreds of hours of footage to check a license plate — computers take care of that much faster.

Afterthought: Wouldn't the Mercedes have been caught on (traffic) camera on its trip to Kitty Street? With artificial intelligence, it wouldn't require a human being to watch hundreds of hours of footage to check a license plate — computers take care of that much faster.
Perhaps, but the number of traffic cameras in DFW has been greatly reduced in recent years. For a while, they seemed to be everywhere.

But.... a good number were actually operated by private companies via contracts with cities. Fines resulting from violations identified by the camera were then collected by the private company administratively.

The companies were also given space in Court buildings, and allowed to use Court addresses on their notices, have court like letterhead and the "apparent violations" were affirmed by a police officer (At least my uhmm.... "friend" told me these things).

Anyways, word got out on the grapevine that one was not legally obligated to pay the fines because they were not truly ordered by a Court. Likewise, there may have been challenges to the legality of intertwining the interests of private for profit companies with public law enforcement and courts.

In either case, and for what ever reason, however, the number of traffic cameras in DFW has been greatly reduced.

Last edited:
We can't investigate Rusty's employment since he is a victim and, to my knowledge, his employment has not been reported by media. JMO.

Alan's position with KPMG places him into a high earner category, and, IMO, his salary is likely key to them affording the house. JMO.
Unless it was paid for?

Mercedes? I think you might mean Porsche. But yes, that city has cameras everywhere and they do have someone actually sitting and watching certain cameras across the city. They have a whole center for that. https://dallaspolice.net/abouts/fusioncenter

[URL="https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/dallas-police-departments-fusion-center-outsmarts-criminals/287-338788468"]Dallas Police Department's Fusion Center outsmarts criminals | wfaa.com
[/URL]
I wish I knew more about whether they were able to go back and view tape from those days or if it was something that had to be caught right then.

Hello! I spoke to the Porsche salesman today. He said he does not know of anyway you can lock your key fob in the Macan without activating the alarm He said the alarm will continue for 20 minutes if not deactivated. He asked if I was planning anything stupid and laughed. I told him about WS and the case. He said he was happy to help. So I asked about the gps system and does it continuously track travel. He did not seem to think so but said addresses are saved and it is a chore to delete addresses (this is correct as I have a hard time even finding previous addresses). I asked about loaners having EZ Pass. He said his dealership has dealer EZ Pass in all loaners and he thinks that is the case with most dealers. And although this dealership does not pass the charge back to the customer most dealerships do!!

Hello! I spoke to the Porsche salesman today. He said he does not know of anyway you can lock your key fob in the Macan without activating the alarm He said the alarm will continue for 20 minutes if not deactivated. He asked if I was planning anything stupid and laughed. I told him about WS and the case. He said he was happy to help. So I asked about the gps system and does it continuously track travel. He did not seem to think so but said addresses are saved and it is a chore to delete addresses (this is correct as I have a hard time even finding previous addresses). I asked about loaners having EZ Pass. He said his dealership has dealer EZ Pass in all loaners and he thinks that is the case with most dealers. And although this dealership does not pass the charge back to the customer most dealerships do!!
You are the bomb! Thanks for doing that....I don't drive a porsche so I am not familiar with that fob. Can you access the battery? I wonder if you remove the battery can you lock doors w/ a button on the door? That is the only way I can imagine if even possibly.

One thing I have always wondered is if the car was found by activating the gps, or sending a signal to activate it.....hmmmm or did someone else find it and call it in.

Presumably, lots of info possible with that car! Let's hope that is the case. Where is Alan!

You are the bomb! Thanks for doing that....I don't drive a porsche so I am not familiar with that fob. Can you access the battery? I wonder if you remove the battery can you lock doors w/ a button on the door? That is the only way I can imagine if even possibly.

One thing I have always wondered is if the car was found by activating the gps, or sending a signal to activate it.....hmmmm or did someone else find it and call it in.

Presumably, lots of info possible with that car! Let's hope that is the case. Where is Alan!
The battery can be removed quite easily. I will test that as well today. I was not able to lock the door with the door button yesterday but my fob had the battery. I will try again after removing the battery from the fob. I have a feeling the alarm will go off again!! But I will be prepared with my spare fob!!

If I recall correctly, police frequently patrols that area, as it is apparently a known site to dump trash and cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee