GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

Yeah, between the skull fractures and apparent stab wounds, she must have suffered a painful death. It sounds like overkill.

Not to mention the fact that he planned well in advance. This wasn't a crime of passion. It doesn't sound like he lost control and killed her in a fit of rage. There was blood in several locations in the basement, apparently. She may have fought for her life for several minutes before she died.

Then afterwards, he calmly texts his girlfriend, telling her the problem was all fixed and it was "fairly painless."
He stated fairly painless????!

Yes. He texted her that he was all done, the power was back on and the security system was working again and that it was "fairly painless." This was around 2:00 pm, about four hours after he first texted her not to freak out about the cameras being down. (Around the time he killed Kassanndra) The text messages are included in an article here somewhere. It was right after the arrest.

Yes. He texted her that he was all done, the power was back on and the security system was working again and that it was "fairly painless." This was around 2:00 pm, about four hours after he first texted her not to freak out about the cameras being down. (Around the time he killed Kassanndra) The text messages are included in an article here somewhere. It was right after the arrest.
Yep, reminds me of Chad Daybell texting his wife about killing and burying a raccoon when, in reality, he was burying the lifeless body of a 16-year-old girl. Disgusting.

Yeah, between the skull fractures and apparent stab wounds, she must have suffered a painful death. It sounds like overkill.

Not to mention the fact that he planned well in advance. This wasn't a crime of passion. It doesn't sound like he lost control and killed her in a fit of rage. There was blood in several locations in the basement, apparently. She may have fought for her life for several minutes before she died.

Then afterwards, he calmly texts his girlfriend, telling her the problem was all fixed and it was "fairly painless."
Yep, reminds me of Chad Daybell texting his wife about killing and burying a raccoon when, in reality, he was burying the lifeless body of a 16-year-old girl. Disgusting.
My thoughts exactly.

From the Assessor's link, CD purchased the homes 8/2014 as an unmarried person. We know they've referred to the is gf as his wife in MSM so it's possible the deed was never updated/recorded. That's not unusual -- especially if CD already had a good mortgage rate. IMO, most couples don't update the public record until they refinance the mortgage and both names are on the mortgage.

I can't remember the details but it seems to me that GF has only been associated two addresses -- Lacey, WA or CD's past two Tacoma address. I'm not convinced there's reason to believe she's married to somebody else. Also, if neighbors tell you they moved in together then they probably did -- they are better witnesses to what's happening in their neighborhood then we are! MOO
Agree. I checked thurston county (lacey) public records and saw a divorce on file for the year 2000 that seems to match CD’s live-in.

Her mother posted Kassanndra's obituary in the FB group.

Obituary for Kassanndra Marie Cantrell | Weeks' Dryer Mortuary
Thanks for the link.

The keepsake video (15 mins) is heartbreaking -- seeing KC cradling a baby doll especially. I wonder if she was also the protector of her family and friends? I think she most likely reveled in this role as she was definitely the taller, larger, kid in the family and school. Once you take on that role, you don't give it up without a fuss -- kicking and screaming!

What a mindless, unnecessary tragedy. This never had to happen, and hoping for swift justice for KC.

Hoping KC's family and friends can find peace and comfort in their memories of this beautiful, spirited, woman.

MOO

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.

The keepsake video (15 mins) is heartbreaking -- seeing KC cradling a baby doll especially. I wonder if she was also the protector of her family and friends? I think she most likely reveled in this role as she was definitely the taller, larger, kid in the family and school. Once you take on that role, you don't give it up without a fuss -- kicking and screaming!

What a mindless, unnecessary tragedy. This never had to happen, and hoping for swift justice for KC.

Hoping KC's family and friends can find peace and comfort in their memories of this beautiful, spirited, woman.

MOO

Mindless, unnecessary, stupid and very cruel act. Even the collateral figure of this drama doesn’t appear to win anything from this murder. RIP, Kassanndra.

The omnibus hearing was delayed again to Feb 9th. Trial delayed again to June (the biggest delay yet), with a trial readiness status hearing in May.

FYI No co-defendants are listed on the case page.

Attachments

• CB8AD415-65AD-473D-A927-FAE4824B1C66.jpeg
    CB8AD415-65AD-473D-A927-FAE4824B1C66.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 29
I just checked the court records.
Omnibus hearing is slated for 8:45 am (pacific) this Tuesday, March 23rd.
No co-defendants listed still.
03/23/2021 08:45 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ OMNIBUS HEARING
05/21/2021 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ TRIAL READINESS STATUS HEARING
06/01/2021 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk