France - 5 shot, 4 dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications, 2012 #2

Wondering if this new suspected Serial Killer (below), may be the suspect/culprit in their case??
Annecy is only like 45 miles from Chambrey where he seems to have been operating for ?? (unknown currently),he is now a suspect in at least 2 local Chambray killings since April 2017, so far....Would be curious if LE has found a similar pistol to that used in these Alps Killings during any of their searches?? (Not sure this is the right forum to post this, so pardon me if it isn't)

NEWS STORY FOR FRANCE FROM LOCAL PAPER:
https://www.thelocal.fr/20171220/murder-case-in-french-alps-sparks-serial-killer-fears

Very interesting. He could be a good canidate for the murders especially since he probably has already killed a girl child and an adult man.

More info about Nordahl Lelandais can be found on the Maëlys case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ys-De-Araujo-9-Pont-de-Beauvoisin-27-Aug-2017

Starting on page 35 of that thread, info about other suspicions begins to appear.

The link with Chévaline is not very strong (as of now).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eauvoisin-27-Aug-2017&p=13827005#post13827005
"We have an individual suspected of kidnapping and killing a girl and a soldier in the same area. I am not surprised that we are going to check if he is not related to Chevaline", a judicial source points out to franceinfo. "We will obviously look into the matter," the prosecutor from Annecy , Véronique Denizot, confirms. She added: "But there are other priority files, which correspond more to the same modus operandi, with a disappearance at night." "If he were behind Chevaline, he'd be really multi-card [ jack of many trades ] ," another judge adds, doubtful. After the two unexplained disappearances at Fort Tamié, the investigators of the Chevaline killings had already brought the three cases together to see if, beyond the close geography and the concordance of the dates, nothing else could tie them together. But, as the local newspaper Le Messager reports, this track had not yielded anything.

Family Murders in 2012, Still Not Solved?
I followed this thread early on, but after several months not so much. After running across a 2015 longform article in GQ.com, I first decided to check Annecy shootings - Wikipedia for quickie version. It gives several leads and theories.

Then I read GQ article How To Get Away With (the Perfect) Murder.

"How To Get Away With (the Perfect) Murder
Four dead, an ever-expanding list of suspects, dozens of detectives on the case. Three years after the fact, a mysterious shooting in the French Alps has evolved into one of the most confounding, globe-spanning criminal investigations in decades
BY SEAN FLYNN"

Anyone new to case/interested in summaries of events or refreshers might want to read ^ links.
Sad that there's been no definitive resolution.

Family Murders in 2012, Still Not Solved?
I followed this thread early on, but after several months not so much. After running across a 2015 longform article in GQ.com, I first decided to check Annecy shootings - Wikipedia for quickie version. It gives several leads and theories.

Then I read GQ article How To Get Away With (the Perfect) Murder.

"How To Get Away With (the Perfect) Murder
Four dead, an ever-expanding list of suspects, dozens of detectives on the case. Three years after the fact, a mysterious shooting in the French Alps has evolved into one of the most confounding, globe-spanning criminal investigations in decades
BY SEAN FLYNN"

Anyone new to case/interested in summaries of events or refreshers might want to read ^ links.
Sad that there's been no definitive resolution.
Thanks for this! I was sure hoping for a resolution on this case by now.

Very interesting reading. Though this made me smile:

In October 2015 I found evidence of gunfire damage and bullet debris on a steel forestry sign structure just 30 metres from the murder site.

I would expect to see this on many roadsigns in woods in the South of Europe in hunting areas and not specifically consider it the way the author does
This structure, subjected to damage by firearms in a public place had been overlooked throughout the entire period of the official investigation.

Nothing came of it, of course.

However, after my previous post about the road signs, THIS remark about the location of the shooter and the car being British with the driver on the right-hand side, is very interesting:

Saad al-Hilli had parked forwards into the parking area and had got out of his car with his daughter Zainab. Perhaps the killer, obscured from immediate view was waiting for a random target and was positioned in natural anticipation of a left-hand drive car. The al-Hilli’s right hand drive BMW momentarily confused him when Zainab stepped out; he was initially positioned on the wrong side of the car. By the time he had rushed forward to reach the far side of the BMW he had shot Sylvain Mollier who arrived at the same time and wildly shot at Zainab al-Hilli, hitting her in the shoulder.

Has been shared and has no relevance to the shooting.

If you put "ex-husband" in the search window in the upper right corner and select the option "search this thread only" you will find all there is about the ex-husband on this thread.

Thank you ZaZara. I have just read the entire thread apart from this last page. Apologies for duplicating.

Thank you ZaZara. I have just read the entire thread apart from this last page. Apologies for duplicating.

Took me a while to find the search window, so I thought I'd let you know. And kudos for reading the entire thread, it is not the happiest of readings.

I wonder how the daughters are doing. Hope the press leaves them alone, but a tiny update through the investigation in France would be nice.

Haute-Savoie. Chevaline : les fillettes entendues 8 ans après

Haute-Savoie | British authorities have given "a green light in principle" to the Chevaline investigators: the young daughters will be questioned 8 years after the facts

While the Chevaline murders on September 5, 2012 in Haute Savoie, will mark their eighth anniversary this Saturday, the investigation into the case, still unsolved, could get a new impulse with the hearing of the two orphaned girls, now aged 12 and 15 years respectively.

BBM

The rest of the article is hidden behind a paywall.

What if the whole evil murder scene was the product of road rage?

The murderer could have simply driven into their lives, exploded in violence, and driven away with no identifiable connection to anything else. At that point, the man's family relationship to Iraq, to business, or to anything else would be a complete dead end in any relevant way to solving the murder.

What if the whole evil murder scene was the product of road rage?

The murderer could have simply driven into their lives, exploded in violence, and driven away with no identifiable connection to anything else. At that point, the man's family relationship to Iraq, to business, or to anything else would be a complete dead end in any relevant way to solving the murder.

There was nowhere to drive to. The road into the mountains continues, but no car was observed there. The investigators had their eye on the man on the motorcycle who was seen in the woods, but it turned out he had nothing to do with the case.

IMO the murderer came and left on foot. He wasn't a pro, given the number of shots and the weapon. The victims were random. Wrong place, wrong time.

There was nowhere to drive to. The road into the mountains continues, but no car was observed there. The investigators had their eye on the man on the motorcycle who was seen in the woods, but it turned out he had nothing to do with the case.

IMO the murderer came and left on foot. He wasn't a pro, given the number of shots and the weapon. The victims were random. Wrong place, wrong time.

But is it at all possible that, for instance, a road rage driver either (a) followed them for a while at a distance and it just so happens that any witnesses didn't see this vehicle or (b) there was road rage the day before, the family were followed then followed the next day - sort of road rage combined with racism, perhaps? Again their mode of transport not being seen. I do agree mostly they appeared on foot but just wondering if the aforementioned is feasible or not? JMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back