WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

Awful situation. I hope the people who infected her not only know, but feel terrible. I hope she recovers.
I doubt it would bother them even if they knew. Those friends need to be kicked off her “friend” or “visit” list.
They should not have been casually traveling out of state much less visiting anyone.
Being safe means staying home.

Awful situation. I hope the people who infected her not only know, but feel terrible. I hope she recovers.

I'm so angry, I know how you feel. I want to lash out at anyone and everyone, but it's more than that and they did not do anything purposely. I think they were all uneducated and they were trying the best that they could within their small senior community. That's why we all need to help our elders in learning perhaps. But how do we do that? I just don't know.

But all these elderly folks really thought they were being safe. They really did. They are not awful people and I can't imagine when they find out. Heck, I don't know if they really ever will until next year when they come back down because nobody has a way to get in touch with them. Folks don't know like us, the elderly people really thought they were being good. They're in their seventies and eighties and they just don't follow like we do?

And yeah, it really sucks. I called a family member today and they are very very sick in bed with a cough this morning and didn't want to speak. They were fine yesterday talking..today hard to breathe. Not associated with the other case with family friend.

It damn sucks! I'm trying to come to grips with it all if we knew this was coming, and it's starting to roost at home

Last edited:
I doubt it would bother them even if they knew. Those friends need to be kicked off her “friend” or “visit” list.
They should not have been casually traveling out of state much less visiting anyone.
Being safe means staying home.

They were snowbirds. At least they called the people because I never heard that the public health folks ever contacted her. If anybody has a positive test, take it upon yourself to notify everyone versus waiting for public health to contact them in my opinion. You may feel shame oh, but don't even consider that as a bad outcome asit may save someone's life.

I'm so angry, I know how you feel. I want to lash out at anyone and everyone, but it's more than that and they did not do anything purposely. I think they were all uneducated and they were trying the best that they could within their small senior community. That's why we all need to help our elders in learning perhaps. But how do we do that? I just don't know.

But all these elderly folks really thought they were being safe. They really did. They are not awful people and I can't imagine when they find out. Heck, I don't know if they really ever will until next year when they come back down because nobody has a way to get in touch with them. Folks don't know like us, the elderly people really thought they were being good. They're in their seventies and eighties and they just don't follow like we do?

And yeah, it really sucks. I called a family member today and they are very very sick in bed with a cough this morning and didn't want to speak. They were fine yesterday talking..today hard to breathe. Not associated with the other case with family friend.

It damn sucks! I'm trying to come to grips with it all if we knew this was coming, and it's starting to roost at home

Our family and friends are probably a lot more educated about Covid than most, as are the people posting on the WS Covid threads. I guess I'm being too judgmental of those who spread the virus while thinking they were being good... Sigh.

They were snowbirds. At least they called the people because I never heard that the public health folks ever contacted her. If anybody has a positive test, take it upon yourself to notify everyone versus waiting for public health to contact them in my opinion. You may feel shame oh, but don't even consider that as a bad outcome asit may save someone's life.
Oops. I didn’t realize they lived there during the winter months. Thought they had just come for a visit. Only place in Florida I lived was KW and most were perm resident year round from my memory. Which was a long time ago.
It’s a good thing they contacted the other people!

Oh geez. That doesn’t sound good.
I had to put down some basic ground rules for the over 80 year old group in the family.
I mailed a copy to put on their refrigerator.
Large font.

The others aren’t on FB so they watch all the news and read the newspaper. They’re pretty much up to date. Plus their doctors are emphasizing safety protocols.
There are some relatives that are in the other camp that shalt not be mentioned.

... Learned that she has been taken to the hospital and is on oxygen, but nothing can be released to anybody. Due to HIPAA laws... Anyone and everyone, please note that if anyone you love goes into the hospital with COVID, have them sign a HIPAA release form immediately
This bears repeating. Many people don't know HIPAA limitations. Family members will depend on the hospitals to tell them how loved ones are doing. Do they ask if you want to sign a HIPAA release form so they can share info with your family? Hope your elderly friend recovers quickly. I am just starting to feel better and I'm so grateful to be alive.

Professor Roger Seheult, MD gives practical strategies if you test positive for COVID-19 (or are in contact with someone who tests positive) including: - Use of a pulse oximeter at home to monitor oxygen saturation - Who qualifies for monoclonal antibodies (bamlanivimab, casirivimab, and imdevimab from Lily and Regeneron)? - Vitamins that may boost immune function: Vitamin D, NAC, Vitamin C, Quercetin, Zinc - The importance of adequate sleep (Melatonin discussed) - Core body temperature elevation (the data on hydrotherapy and sauna use) - Isolation strategies at home: ventilation, HEPA filtration, mask-wearing

Prologue: Negative Rapid Test
My dear precious, precocious 3 yr old GD woke up sick yesterday morning, intermittent dry cough and red swollen throat. A nagging worry, frequent texts on updates, FaceTime last evening. No answer to texts this morning for over 3 hours, then a pic of my DD and GD sitting masked in Peds office, awaiting results.
Rapid test and Strep both negative. We can get through whatever else it is. I can't relay my anxiety for past 24 hours over the possibility. As so many others have stated, the least symptom and we are on edge with the possibility.

I have an appt this afternoon to donate convalescent plasma. Even if it wasn't offered to me when I had covid, I hope that someone who is sick can benefit from it.
This was my first thought of what I wanted to do when I found out I was positive. I have about one more week to wait and then I will be donating too.

My daughter is a Nicu nurse practitioner. She contracted Covid from a co-worker who thought she just had allergies. My daughter wears an N95 mask around patients, parents and a surgical mask around employees. The employee left work and tested positive that day. My daughter went into quarantine that day. My daughter’s rapid provide was negative but 2 days later, the blood test was positive. Unfortunately, she, her husband (an ER nurse), and her 3 kids were infected, too. Thankfully their cases were mild.

Wondering why people are using the rapid instead of PCR test? I went to the major test site to get mine and you have to do the rapid and the PCR test. You don’t get a choice.
Maybe doctor offices aren’t set up for anything but the rapid test?

My daughter is a Nicu nurse practitioner. She contracted Covid from a co-worker who thought she just had allergies. My daughter wears an N95 mask around patients, parents and a surgical mask around employees. The employee left work and tested positive that day. My daughter went into quarantine that day. My daughter’s rapid provide was negative but 2 days later, the blood test was positive. Unfortunately, she, her husband (an ER nurse), and her 3 kids were infected, too. Thankfully their cases were mild.
Glad to hear they had a mild case. Hope everyone is on the road to recovery!

Prologue: Negative Rapid Test
My dear precious, precocious 3 yr old GD woke up sick yesterday morning, intermittent dry cough and red swollen throat. A nagging worry, frequent texts on updates, FaceTime last evening. No answer to texts this morning for over 3 hours, then a pic of my DD and GD sitting masked in Peds office, awaiting results.
Rapid test and Strep both negative. We can get through whatever else it is. I can't relay my anxiety for past 24 hours over the possibility. As so many others have stated, the least symptom and we are on edge with the possibility.
Hoping the little one feels better soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back