TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

Eh, I think that news article was not very well written. The information got so confusing. Either the attorney is not a great communicator, or whoever wrote it is just not a good writer?

To me, it looks like the Sheriff is not very convinced that this was a murder-suicide. I think Bribiescas is getting a little anxious because the paternity was brought into question, and he most likely doesn't want to be looked at as a person of interest. If paternity was being questioned around the time of this tragedy, I can see why things are getting a bit slower than everyone would like it to be.

The thing here is, if the paternity issue is about London, Bribiescas WAS her father. He raised her, he paid child support, he had joint custody of her, etc. He was in fact her father, even if DNA says he wasn't. So, if a father is to receive any life inssurance on this poor child, it should be Bribiescas.

Also, I think both Montez and Bribiescas are the bilogical fathers of Alexa and London, both look A LOT like their fathers.

I vaguely remember this case. I never thought that it was a murder-suicide. A friend of hers collected quite a bit of money from crowd funding. She said that she was going to hire a private detective; however, I'm not sure that she did.

Is this case closed?

JMO.

I vaguely remember this case. I never thought that it was a murder-suicide. A friend of hers collected quite a bit of money from crowd funding. She said that she was going to hire a private detective; however, I'm not sure that she did.

Is this case closed?

JMO.
Nope, the Sheriff doesn't want to close it yet.

Eh, I think that news article was not very well written. The information got so confusing. Either the attorney is not a great communicator, or whoever wrote it is just not a good writer?

To me, it looks like the Sheriff is not very convinced that this was a murder-suicide. I think Bribiescas is getting a little anxious because the paternity was brought into question, and he most likely doesn't want to be looked at as a person of interest. If paternity was being questioned around the time of this tragedy, I can see why things are getting a bit slower than everyone would like it to be.

The thing here is, if the paternity issue is about London, Bribiescas WAS her father. He raised her, he paid child support, he had joint custody of her, etc. He was in fact her father, even if DNA says he wasn't. So, if a father is to receive any life inssurance on this poor child, it should be Bribiescas.

Also, I think both Montez and Bribiescas are the bilogical fathers of Alexa and London, both look A LOT like their fathers.
What if the paternity issue was regarding the son not the daughters?

I was also thinking that maybe that night she was messaging an ex claiming that he was not, in fact, the father of one of the children. Even if she was just saying it to be spiteful and it weren’t true, it could maybe be a motive?
Whoever she was communicating with regarding paternity became enraged and went over to annihilate the family.
I realize this is probably a long shot. All complete conjecture on my part. Just trying to think of a way the paternity issue could be a reason they haven’t closed the criminal case. MOO.

"Anything Wrong"
@MimosaMornings I'm not sure.
Maybe it was an indirect reference to London as not responsible for any possible 'paternity question'* and not responsible for causing any of the injuries or three deaths. Just a possibility because "Bribiescas family's attorney, Joseph Hoelscher" (<---per link) did not refer explicitly to 'paternity question.'

But his stmt** could mean something else entirely. my2cts.

* From linked Jan 4-5, 2021 article: "Today, sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that in the hours leading up to Olsen’s and the daughters’ deaths, the paternity of one of her daughters came into question in communications recovered by investigators...." bbm
** More context from link, re atty's comment made Nov 24, 2020: "Hector Bribiesca’s attorney said 'London’s family doesn’t care about the results, we just want to know what it is. Nobody is saying that London did anything wrong, so we don’t have a dog in that hunt, they just want to know what happened because they need to move on with their lives.' "
Paternity of one of her daughters.

Communication recovered by investigators.

London’s family doesn’t care about the results, we just want know what it is.

Nobody is saying London did anything wrong.

The communication would not have been a phone message - to be recovered I’m thinking an email or text? A post from London perhaps? The word seems to point towards some type of action from London. Something that could be construed as “wrong”.
JMO

Can you imagine how devastating that would be? Your daughter is murdered then find out she’s not your daughter?

Why did they check paternity for the girls? Unless the life insurance was left to “biological father” rather than the dads name. I don’t understand the whole insurance thing or dna test.
They didn't necessarily, it says in this article it came up in communications recovered. It said, "in the hours leading up to Olsen's and the daughters' deaths, the paternity of one of her daughters came into questions in communications recovered by investigators."

It doesn't say son, it says daughters' and most glaringly to me it says HOURS leading up to their deaths. So, did this cause an argument? Was it a source to tease and ridicule Nichol? Or did it come up for some other reason? A health discovery that made questioning fatherhood or was a test required at some point, maybe a prior divorce or support agreement and kept as the family dark secret and then comes out to be used against her? So many possibilities. BUT, since the Person of INTEREST has been CW.....my guess is it was in an argument with him. What happened as a result is the question.
Thank you to the member submitting articles and for the mods opening the case.

This article is PACKED full of new information. Due to TOS limited on how much we can copy here. Please read.
My questions...I wonder why the paternity question came up? What does that have to do with what followed? So many angles of possibility there. Who is the persons of interest? I have forgotten?

From the article: BBM

Both of the girls’ fathers have been very outspoken about the case, but new details show that there was a question about one of the girl’s paternity.
Today, sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that in the hours leading up to Olsen’s and the daughters’ deaths, the paternity of one of her daughters came into question in communications recovered by investigators.

We asked the Sheriff’s Office for a comment. In a written statement, Sheriff Javier Salazar said, “After reviewing the case file in its entirety I decided to kick it back to investigators. There are too many unanswered questions in my opinion. Several questions with no documentation to support their answers. I am not satisfied with this as a final work product.”
Since the death of Olsen, Alexa and London, at least one life insurance policy has been paid out, according to the oldest girl’s father. As of today, the Sheriff’s Office says they still have persons of interest but no suspects in this case.

What if the paternity issue was regarding the son not the daughters?
Oh no, he’s an adult. I don’t think it’s about the son.

What if Nichol has been pregnant at some point during their relationship and lost the baby- could the argument been over CW doubting paternity.
Paternity can cause a deadly reaction.
JMO
I never thought about that. It’s possible there was a baby involved, but I think it was mentioned the paternity issues were regarding one of the girls.

And since London’s father is the only one that seems upset, I’m gonna guess it was about London. That poor kiddo looked exactly like him though, but stranger things have happened.

I'm still trying to figure out why they would put out "Nobody is saying London did anything wrong." This implies London did something, and her paternity isn't an action she can take. She was 10 right? Is this just bad writing, or are we missing something?

Did SHE question her paternity?

I'm still trying to figure out why they would put out "Nobody is saying London did anything wrong." This implies London did something, and her paternity isn't an action she can take. She was 10 right? Is this just bad writing, or are we missing something?

Did SHE question her paternity?
I'm sure LE has TONS of phone data, texts on texts on texts on texts. If London heard a conversation between her mother and someone else and got it out of context, maybe she thought she heard that her father was not her father and texted a friend about it.

"Did Something." Meaning?
I'm still trying to figure out why they would put out "Nobody is saying London did anything wrong." This implies London did something, and her paternity isn't an action she can take. She was 10 right? Is this just bad writing, or are we missing something? Did SHE question her paternity?
@Loudestbough Yes, it's possible London -
1. "did something" and/or
2. questioned her paternity,
but is there anything specific leading (you) to either thought?

When "Bribiescas family's attorney, Joseph Hoelscher" made the "nothing wrong" remark,* maybe he was only saying -- London was not responsible for any possible 'paternity question' and not responsible for causing any of the injuries or three deaths. But he did not refer explicitly to 'paternity question.' His stmt could mean something else. my2cts.

* Hoelscher's comment: "London’s family doesn’t care about the results, we just want to know what it is. Nobody is saying that London did anything wrong, so we don’t have a dog in that hunt, they just want to know what happened because they need to move on with their lives." Sheriff claims Anaqua Springs victims family attorney threatens him in email Nov 24, 2020.

"Today, sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that in the hours leading up to Olsen’s and the daughters’ deaths, the paternity of one of her daughters came into question in communications recovered by investigators...."
Anaqua Springs tragedy not a closed case Jan 4-5, 2021

Last edited:
I found an update in this article: Anaqua Springs tragedy timeline, case still unsolved
We've also confirmed London Bribiescas' family just filed a civil suit against Nichol's boyfriend Charlie Wheeler for leaving Olsen alone in the house with her daughters knowing there was an unsecured gun in his house.

In the suit, London Bribiescas' father claims Wheeler left after a fight fully aware Nichol Olsen's behavior was erratic.

As for the criminal case, the Sheriff has assigned it to a new investigator, who specializes in cold cases.
There's another article about this subject in the San Antonio Express, which is available with paid subscription: The father of London Sophia Bribiescas, 10, has sued the boyfriend of her late mother, Nichol Olsen, for the child's death, while accusing Olsen of the shootings.

I guess that's at least one question answered.

Edited to add another article I found that is interesting with regard to the Sheriff's office: A shakeup in the Bexar County Sheriff's chain of command | KTSA

Would someone read this and let me know if you think the Sheriff's blaming this guy for not solving this case?

I found an update in this article: Anaqua Springs tragedy timeline, case still unsolved

There's another article about this subject in the San Antonio Express, which is available with paid subscription: The father of London Sophia Bribiescas, 10, has sued the boyfriend of her late mother, Nichol Olsen, for the child's death, while accusing Olsen of the shootings.

Edited to add another article I found that is interesting with regard to the Sheriff's office: A shakeup in the Bexar County Sheriff's chain of command | KTSA

Would someone read this and let me know if you think the Sheriff's blaming this guy for not solving this case?
Excerpt from the bolded: (I have no subscription either)

“Wheeler knew Olsen’s behavior was escalating, was erratic and was potentially threatening and/or could lead to actual violence,” the lawsuit states.

“Olsen obtained the gun in (the) defendant’s bedside table, in the bedroom they shared, and used it to kill herself, (London) and another child,” the suit states. “Wheeler knew the children were present and was aware that they were exposed to Olsen while she was in an inflamed and erratic emotional state and actually or potentially armed with Wheeler’s firearm.

“Wheeler knew that (London) and the other child could not protect themselves from Olsen. Wheeler took no reasonable measures to protect the children from Olsen, who was armed with Wheeler’s gun.”

Gun?
@NervousNellie sbm Thx for your post w links, esp this story w timeline and quote below, prompting the question: whose gun was used in these three deaths? Has ownership been reported? Anyone? (I may read & have forgotten.) TiA.

"2/11/20
Family of the youngest Anaqua Springs murder victim, London Bribiescas, announced their push for 'red flag' laws on the day she would have turned 12.
Red flag law would allow for temporary court-ordered removal of guns from people who are considered to be a danger to themselves or others.
The Bribiescas family believes that had this legislation been used in London's case, it may have prevented the tragedy."
bbm, from fox29 story Anaqua Springs tragedy timeline, case still unsolved Jan 10, 2021

{{{eta: Sorry, posted Q, just after @Via Marple posted w info^. So, per lawsuit petition, Wheeler/BF's gun.}}}

Last edited:

I think sort of... he says this I. Article. Limited fire to TOS-

“The case was not handled to the level that I believe that it should have, especially in light of the fact that we’ve been at it for two years now,” said Salazar. He has reassigned the case to other investigators.

“The sheriff and his chief deputy decided Friday that it would be best to cut ties with Bennett, and Bennett retired.

“I’m a bit pigheaded. I’m very demanding to work for,”said Salazar. “I want everything done yesterday and I want it done right.”

The sheriff also acknowledged that he may be losing another high-ranking member in his office. Assistant chief deputy Avery Walker, who heads the Adult Detention Bureau

A shakeup in the Bexar County Sheriff's chain of command | KTSA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back