Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider
Kerry Winter - Verified family member

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, they must provide MSM links to substantiate information stated as fact, otherwise make it very clear that it is your opinion (MOO, JMO, etc) or your post may be removed.

IF your information is coming from Kevin Donovan's book, please make that very clear, as in "KD states ...".

Also please do NOT post inside information that could be LE holdback related to the actual crime scene.

"...The Star has obtained one additional email chain from that fall which reveals an acrimonious exchange between Barry and Jonathon two weeks prior to Barry’s first request for the payback. The subject of the email chain is a potential meeting to discuss the challenges of the various family businesses Barry runs, particularly Apotex.

This email highlights one of the sticking points between father and son, friends of the late Barry Sherman say — Jonathon’s insistence that Paulin be present at any business discussions, whether about Green Storage, Apotex or Barry’s many other business interests.

On Oct. 27, 2017, Barry writes to Jonathon to discuss a meeting about Apotex and his other business interests. “I don’t want to meet with you and Adam,” he says. “You are my son.” Jonathon responds that he wants to bring Paulin to the meeting, noting that Barry’s second in command at Apotex, Jack Kay, will be present. In his email, Jonathon refers to himself as the “heir apparent” to the Sherman fortune..."

IMO I have always found the role of AP interesting, and I have noted previously that it would not just be family members that could ultimately be financial beneficiaries of these murders and the subsequent settlement of the estate.

"...The Star has obtained one additional email chain from that fall which reveals an acrimonious exchange between Barry and Jonathon two weeks prior to Barry’s first request for the payback. The subject of the email chain is a potential meeting to discuss the challenges of the various family businesses Barry runs, particularly Apotex.

This email highlights one of the sticking points between father and son, friends of the late Barry Sherman say — Jonathon’s insistence that Paulin be present at any business discussions, whether about Green Storage, Apotex or Barry’s many other business interests.

On Oct. 27, 2017, Barry writes to Jonathon to discuss a meeting about Apotex and his other business interests. “I don’t want to meet with you and Adam,” he says. “You are my son.” Jonathon responds that he wants to bring Paulin to the meeting, noting that Barry’s second in command at Apotex, Jack Kay, will be present. In his email, Jonathon refers to himself as the “heir apparent” to the Sherman fortune..."

IMO I have always found the role of AP interesting, and I have noted previously that it would not just be family members that could ultimately be financial beneficiaries of these murders and the subsequent settlement of the estate.

The Shermans changed plans at the last minute and HS uncharacteristically missed a meeting prior to the murders. It gave me the impression they may have had some sense there was something amiss.

If I had and doubts that JS or AP should be at the top of the suspect list, this article just erased them.

Most telling thing IMO in this interview is that Alex Sherman, who likely know JS as well as anyone, is of the view that JS may have had a role in these murders. Alex even apparently pushed to have the private investigation wound up so the police could have access to the PI's findings. See the quote below

"... He ([Jonathan] credits himself for the achievements of the private investigation, saying that without his input, “this would have been wrapped up and done with as a suicide.”

While he, his sister Alex and her husband Brad were allied at the start of the private probe — having regular meetings together with Greenspan and private detective Tom Klatt — Jonathon says that at some point, Alex started thinking he was somehow involved in the murders. Eventually, she hired criminal lawyer John Rosen to push Greenspan to end his probe and give everything it had collected to the police. That happened in late 2019 and Toronto police say they are still going over 20 gigabytes of information compiled by the private investigators.

Jonathon says he and Alex, who are just three years apart in age, were always close growing up and he is upset that they no longer speak. He says one of his siblings has told him that Alex thinks he carries a gun at all times and is going to “pull it out” and “shoot her in front of everybody.”

'I can tell you I was not involved;' Barry Sherman's son was asked to repay millions to his dad - 680 NEWS
''Jonathon Sherman tells the Star’s Chief Investigative Reporter Kevin Donovan that Barry Sherman was in a difficult financial situation when he asked him and a business partner to repay a $50 million loan.

Jonathon said he was tired of people talking behind his back and speculating that he had something to do with the murder of his parents.

“I can tell you I was not involved,” he told the paper regarding the killings.''

''In the five hour interview with the Star, Jonathon says his biggest issue is that his sister Alex believes he was involved in the murders which has created a family rift that will likely never heal''

'I can tell you I was not involved;' Barry Sherman's son was asked to repay millions to his dad - 680 NEWS
''Jonathon Sherman tells the Star’s Chief Investigative Reporter Kevin Donovan that Barry Sherman was in a difficult financial situation when he asked him and a business partner to repay a $50 million loan.

Jonathon said he was tired of people talking behind his back and speculating that he had something to do with the murder of his parents.

“I can tell you I was not involved,” he told the paper regarding the killings.''

''In the five hour interview with the Star, Jonathon says his biggest issue is that his sister Alex believes he was involved in the murders which has created a family rift that will likely never heal''

Even if JS wasn’t involved, he just acknowledged that his father asked him to ease his burden by repaying a small part of what he owed him, and JS did nothing but ask for more money and let him down.

Eta: ‘I didn’t kill my parents’ is a more natural statement than ‘ I can tell you I was not involved’.

Last edited:
JS is saying he did not do it, and providing 'evidence', like the photo of his hand with a time stamp, revealing e-mail records (but not all of them) and having a security detail protecting him, that shows he too, is at risk.

Questions I would have asked JS.

"Why do need a security detail, unless you think somebody is out to get you? Who do you suspect is out to get you, and do you think they were involved with your parents deaths?"

" Why did you show me some emails, and not others, especially ones that do not show you in a good light?"

"What significance is there to you , on how the bodies were staged?"

"Have you made any efforts to prove to your sister Alex, you had no involvement in your parents death"

"What would you say to those who believe, that with your parents deaths, you have all the funds to complete your empire building plans?

"Why have you allowed your dad's best friend, and your mother's sister to be treated so disrespectfully?"

JS is saying he did not do it, and providing 'evidence', like the photo of his hand with a time stamp, revealing e-mail records (but not all of them) and having a security detail protecting him, that shows he too, is at risk.

Questions I would have asked JS.

"Why do need a security detail, unless you think somebody is out to get you? Who do you suspect is out to get you, and do you think they were involved with your parents deaths?"

" Why did you show me some emails, and not others, especially ones that do not show you in a good light?"

"What significance is there to you , on how the bodies were staged?"

"Have you made any efforts to prove to your sister Alex, you had no involvement in your parents death"

"What would you say to those who believe, that with your parents deaths, you have all the funds to complete your empire building plans?

"Why have you allowed your dad's best friend, and your mother's sister to be treated so disrespectfully?"
The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree.

So you predicted this? That’s quite amazing!

BBM
Billionaire couple found 'murdered' discussed pledging their fortune to philanthropy campaign | Daily Mail Online
“....He (KW) said, 'That money is cursed and sometimes the sins of the father are visited on the children.

'If my father had lived Barry would have been a brother to me. When he died Barry should have looked over me and my brothers, but he didn't. He took what was ours and he lied to us for years.

'Everything was built on a lie and I can never, never forgive him for that. I hated him for that and now it's his children who have to pay....”

KW, I often don't agree with you, but IMO on this you have hit the nail on the head

"... I put it to Jonathon that various Sherman family members are no longer speaking with each other, and ask about Mary Shechtman, Honey’s sister and best friend, who was ostracized by the four siblings soon after the killings when she claimed that Honey had promised her $300 million. Barry had given Shechtman a storage locker at Green Storage free of charge. Jonathon acknowledges that his management team had questioned the free space and evicted her — Jonathon was present last fall on the day that she moved out of the unit in Ajax. I suggest that was harsh and Jonathon replies that there has been “a lot of hardship lately.”

Who just happens to create an alibi (time-stamped photo of hand) for an imminent crime that hasn't yet happened?

How many times did he remind KD that he's "the son of a billionaire?" The arrogance & sexism are astounding.

Surprised that HS was not quite as accepting of JS's orientation as one might expect, imo, speculation.
Barry Sherman’s son says his father asked him to repay tens of millions of dollars, two weeks before murders, but Barry was ‘all in’ with son’s business
''As to his own relationship with his mother and father, he says it was generally good. Jonathon says that had he been a “straight boy,” the his relationship with his mother would have been perfect. His being gay was something that upset Honey in earlier days, he says, but she and Barry made his husband “feel welcome.” He says Barry, whose best friend and first business partner from the 1960s is gay, was more accepting, but once told him that his would be a “harder life.”

Who just happens to create an alibi (time-stamped photo of hand) for an imminent crime that hasn't yet happened?

How many times did he remind KD that he's "the son of a billionaire?" The arrogance & sexism are astounding.

Yes, this struck me too. The tone of the interview (the way that KD has written it) is quite interesting and IMO, KD says a lot without saying anything. JS doesn’t even seem to understand his own arrogance/privilege and is therefore not great at disguising it (e.g. he’s hung up on his annoyance over media reporting of his luxury car, yet cannot disguise his entitlement over his father’s money).

Earlier in the interview I found it odd that he mentioned his sudden interest in cryptocurrency. Why bring that up? Then when he circled around to the “alibi photo” he conveniently took on the Wednesday evening it made sense. Not gonna say much more on that but it’s interesting for sure.

Earlier in the interview I found it odd that he mentioned his sudden interest in cryptocurrency. Why bring that up? Then when he circled around to the “alibi photo” he conveniently took on the Wednesday evening it made sense. Not gonna say much more on that but it’s interesting for sure.

Not much to add to the discussion other than to say I was thinking along the same lines as you. Kind of out of the blue

Wow... Bad for JS...

Why did he sit down with Donovan? did KD have lots of interesting info, obtained from the sister?

the alibi seems like it may have been planned.... and i am thinking that this is likely "murder for hire" anyway.

was BS having financial issues?................... did seem to burn through cash personally?..... Apotex probably threw off good cash, but wonder about bank lines etc. (usually "throwing off cash" would mean post interest payments)

generics profit cycle apparently is wild........ they make big $$$$ off challenging patents.... they produce and distribute 100's or 1000's of medications for little profit, but they do it partially so they point out to the government how much the generic industry helps the population.

could BS sell his company for $4-5B to Teva or similar co? or is it too tied into BS?.... Leslie Dan, BS bitter competitor, did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts