Meet & Greet for New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just created an account, will probably lurk for a while in order to understand what and how things are done here.
I’m a 36 year male from MI, USA though I’m English by nationality.

In ‘97 a man who lived about 500ft from my home was arrested in connection with the ‘Lady of the Lake’ (Cumbria, UK). The ‘lady’ was his wife and was found about 40 years after her disappearance in a local lake.

Ever since then I have had an interest in cold cases.
Welcome to Ws LtDansLegs!
Ws thread for Ms Parks, interesting case..
GUILTY - UK - Carol Park, 'Lady in the Lake', 30, murdered, Cumbria, 17 July 1976

Hello. I'm jumping in to see if I can HELP in any way. Working from home these days and have some down time. Happy to help if anyone needs some research assistance.

**Personally, I'm most interested in cases related to missing and murdered indigenous women. Any direction is appreciated.

Hello. I'm jumping in to see if I can HELP in any way. Working from home these days and have some down time. Happy to help if anyone needs some research assistance.

**Personally, I'm most interested in cases related to missing and murdered indigenous women. Any direction is appreciated.
Welcome to Ws Curious in CO!
So many threads here for MMIW, will post a few for now..
Huge list at this link, some have threads here..
https://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/

Ws threads..
MT - MT - Ashley Loring-HeavyRunner, 20, Browning, 5 June 2017

500 native women who have disappeared or been murdered in the last 20 years

Missing Native American Women

CANADA - Mabel Veronica Bernita Leo 18 missing from Mount Currie, British Columbia Mar 1969

CANADA - Canada - Amber Tuccaro, 20, Nisku, AB, 18 Aug 2010

CANADA - Canada - Ronald, 26, & Doreen Jack, 26, & 2 boys, Prince George, BC, 1 Aug 1989

Last edited:
hello :) recently discovered this website and instantly became intrigued. i’m deeply interested in criminal investigations and hope to pursue a career in the field one day. i have no experience or prior knowledge, so i mostly plan to observe and learn from others! it would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me beginners tips on how to approach investigating a crime seeing as i have no clue. glad to join!

Welcome!

Google is your friend! Add articles and LE reports to threads.

You have knowledge about places you've lived, even if you've moved events in places you've lived can be good threads for you. You'll be able to add information about geography, weather, anything about the town or area.

Consider looking at cases with very long threads with your fresh eyes. Sometimes, we talk theories into dust & have trouble adding new information to our early theories.

What else interests you?

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Everyone! I’m so happy you all have joined. I’m here to help. Seriously. Please let me know if you need help not listed in forums. I’ll try to troubleshoot for you. Be ready to stay logged into this site 24/7. It’s an addictive hobby, pastime, career or reading adventure. I try to stay up to date with missing person cases. That’s what brought me here. I’m obsessively attracted to cold cases and the unidentified. At first, I wasn’t sure about the unidentified. It seemed gruesome. It’s not. It’s so interesting now with the advancements in dna goenetic genealogy. So many families are awaiting answers on those they love who are missing. I learn so much here. Every day. Members are wonderful and caring. @dotr has been extremely helpful showing me those ropes in cold cases and the unidentified. I’m Native American Choctaw/Cherokee so I also participate in many of those threads. Especially since the dramatic stats for missing indigenous women are astronomical. My specialty is research. Happy sleuthing. ❤️

Hi! My name is Terra. I live in NM and I am a pediatric home care nurse. I enjoy watching Forensic Files and listening to podcasts such as My Favorite Murder and The Murder Squad. It's great to be here and I look forward to being a part of this group!

Hi! My name is Terra. I live in NM and I am a pediatric home care nurse. I enjoy watching Forensic Files and listening to podcasts such as My Favorite Murder and The Murder Squad. It's great to be here and I look forward to being a part of this group!
Welcome to Ws tc505, nice to have you here!

I was thinking my trucking knowledge may help some investigations. It is a sub-culture of American society with it's own skill set, lore, etc. And, sadly, probably more predators than we know about.

I have a particular interest in cold cases but I am certainly available if someone needs a new set of eyes. So, if may I quote a cliché movie, "Point me twords danger, Master Robin. I'm ready!"

Welcome, Elvee ! There are several discussions here where long haul truckers can help. THE KILLING SEASON

Hello!
Nice to be here.
Love true crime. I was introduced to WS while watching "The Killing Season". Long Island Serial Killer and the Highway Serial Killings Initiative are my current obsessions.

Hi everyone! I'm new here, obviously. I'm 39 years old in central Pennsylvania. I have always been interested in crime, starting when I was about 13 and learned about Charles Manson. What fascinated me about that was how he could convince these "normal" people to commit heinous acts. For a long time, this interest took a back seat, but a number of things have made it a passion again for me. I started to discover some crime in my family in the 1870s doing genealogical research. Through a long process, I found that we have distant connections to some interesting murder cases in the Scranton, PA area in the 1910s that have Mafia links. I am trying to research those, and will definitely be asking the forum for help on police procedure, especially as it comes to what evidence/documents may still exist (I have started to reach out to different departments, but I may not be asking the right questions). In addition, I've started to watch streaming shows such as Mindhunter and I'll Be Gone in the Dark, and reading about the Boy in the Box from outside of Philadelphia who was murdered in the 1950s. I enjoy trying to get into the minds of others and try to understand the why and how of what they do, and particularly how that relates to cold cases.

How is it best to dive into these forums? There is SOOOO much here, I don't even know where to start! I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum, contributing what I can, and connecting with others who share this oddball fascination.

Hello All, I’ve been linked here several times now from reading true crime books like JonBenet Ramsay & a new book called “
We Keep the Dead Close: A Murder at Harvard and a Half Century of Silence
by
Becky Cooper”. I was actually reading a review on Goodreads and there was a link to here. I’ve been all over but I like looking at case files and forming my own opinion from the facts or as close as I can get to them. I’m a SAHM in my mid 30’s and I live in the Midwest. Can’t wait to read and poke around!
Welcome to the newbies and Hello All!

Hello All, I’ve been linked here several times now from reading true crime books like JonBenet Ramsay & a new book called “
We Keep the Dead Close: A Murder at Harvard and a Half Century of Silence
by
Becky Cooper”. I was actually reading a review on Goodreads and there was a link to here. I’ve been all over but I like looking at case files and forming my own opinion from the facts or as close as I can get to them. I’m a SAHM in my mid 30’s and I live in the Midwest. Can’t wait to read and poke around!
Welcome to the newbies and Hello All!
Welcome to Ws Mkittysamom!
Interesting case, amazing to see that it has been solved after all these years..
Ws thread..
SOLVED - MA - Jane Britton, 22, Harvard student, Cambridge, 7 Jan 1969

Hi everyone! I'm new here, obviously. I'm 39 years old in central Pennsylvania. I have always been interested in crime, starting when I was about 13 and learned about Charles Manson. What fascinated me about that was how he could convince these "normal" people to commit heinous acts. For a long time, this interest took a back seat, but a number of things have made it a passion again for me. I started to discover some crime in my family in the 1870s doing genealogical research. Through a long process, I found that we have distant connections to some interesting murder cases in the Scranton, PA area in the 1910s that have Mafia links. I am trying to research those, and will definitely be asking the forum for help on police procedure, especially as it comes to what evidence/documents may still exist (I have started to reach out to different departments, but I may not be asking the right questions). In addition, I've started to watch streaming shows such as Mindhunter and I'll Be Gone in the Dark, and reading about the Boy in the Box from outside of Philadelphia who was murdered in the 1950s. I enjoy trying to get into the minds of others and try to understand the why and how of what they do, and particularly how that relates to cold cases.

How is it best to dive into these forums? There is SOOOO much here, I don't even know where to start! I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum, contributing what I can, and connecting with others who share this oddball fascination.
Welcome to Ws kristin_hawthorn!
Maybe start with some cases out of Scranton, PA...
Ws threads..
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/86058750/?q=Scranton,+PA&o=date

Hi There,

I have mostly been a lurker here for many years, and I did post once or twice before but, that was a long long time ago and I cannot remember my password, I can't even remember my email that I registered with. So I thought that I would register here and again and post after many, many years.

Anyway, here goes...I am xStrigiformesx, I am a 41 year old female, from Ireland :)
I live on the south east coast with my two crazy but, lovable cats.

I am very much interested in true crime, and I have been for years. I have always been interested in helping unidentified decadents to find their way home, but unfortunately I don't live in the states, in order to be more "hands on", if that makes sense?.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" and that I look forward to getting to know you all. :D

Last edited:
Hello All!
I am xStrigiformesx, from Ireland. **waves**
I made a new thread to introduce myself, but I thought that I would pop in here also!

I am a 41 year old, female from the South East Coast of Ireland.
I have been interested in true crime, unsolved crimes and mysteries for a very long time. I am also interested in unidentified decadents and would love to help a Jane/John Doe to find their way home.

I tend to be a lurker most of the time, but I will start joining in the discussions a bit more.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hello All!
I am xStrigiformesx, from Ireland. **waves**
I made a new thread to introduce myself, but I thought that I would pop in here also!

I am a 41 year old, female from the South East Coast of Ireland.
I have been interested in true crime, unsolved crimes and mysteries for a very long time. I am also interested in unidentified decadents and would love to help a Jane/John Doe to find their way home.

I tend to be a lurker most of the time, but I will start joining in the discussions a bit more.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome to Ws xStrigiformesx, nice to have more eyes on the many Jane and John Does!
Some Ws threads you may find of interest..
The Unidentified

International Case Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members