GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

Judge Patrick Hanlon granted the stay late Monday, citing the need to determine Montgomery's mental competence, reported the Topeka Capital-Journal. Lisa Montgomery faced execution Tuesday at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana, just eight days before President-elect Joe Biden, an opponent of the federal death penalty, takes office.
Execution of only woman on US death row for killing woman, cutting baby from womb halted

Does anyone know if this stay can be overturned by the SCOTUS?

Also I might have missed it but what proof do we have of all this abuse she claims she suffered? I'm not doubting she had a difficult childhood but the trafficking, forced sterilization, all her pregnancies being the product of rape...yes I have my doubts. And the domestic violence- she faked multiple pregnancies. That's extremely manipulative behavior to say the least, not something I can see a domestic violence victim being bold enough to pull off. Actual DV victims are focused on survival.

ETA- I see there is evidence of child rape, which is terrible, but nothing for trafficking beyond the corroboration of a family member that she spoke of it. And another family member claiming he saw a video of her being beaten by her ex husband. They have a reason to lie for her- they are trying to save her life. Video evidence is one thing but Lisa telling someone a story doesn't make it true. She told multiple men she was pregnant with their baby after her tubes were tied, and told people Victoria was her baby.

The filing is over 7,000 pages, so it wouldn't be appropriate it to attach here, but there are multiple reports from many people detailing the abuse this child was subjected to - it is extensive and extreme. Particularly disturbing is her own mother's account of catching her husband with a very, very young Lisa. In addition, the documentation of those adults that knew or suspected the abuse is vast - teachers, social workers, family members, etc. No one removed her from the home - it is appalling.
When this type of abuse is perpetuated on a child - especially at young ages - the damage is extensive - it can manifest itself is different ways, but it always has major consequences.

It may be because I am a teacher and I have, unfortunately, had to report child abuse cases. But, I have some idea of what it takes for a child to work up the courage to tell what is happening. For an adult - any adult - to ignore what that child tells and do nothing? It is almost beyond my understanding.

And you would not have believed that she was a victim of child rape if you had not found evidence of it and really, telling men you are pregnant is not a crime. It is a lie, but not a crime.
No, I don't take the word of a convicted murder and proven pathological liar at face value, sorry.

Also I never said lying about a pregnancy is a crime, I said its manipulative behavior that points away from someone being a domestic violence victim. Gaslighting a partner in such a manner is actually more characteristic of an abuser.

The filing is over 7,000 pages, so it wouldn't be appropriate it to attach here, but there are multiple reports from many people detailing the abuse this child was subjected to - it is extensive and extreme. Particularly disturbing is her own mother's account of catching her husband with a very, very young Lisa. In addition, the documentation of those adults that knew or suspected the abuse is vast - teachers, social workers, family members, etc. No one removed her from the home - it is appalling.
When this type of abuse is perpetuated on a child - especially at young ages - the damage is extensive - it can manifest itself is different ways, but it always has major consequences.

It may be because I am a teacher and I have, unfortunately, had to report child abuse cases. But, I have some idea of what it takes for a child to work up the courage to tell what is happening. For an adult - any adult - to ignore what that child tells and do nothing? It is almost beyond my understanding.
She is no longer a child. She stole a child from her mother.

I've actually read the 199 page appeal and much of the psychological report for the defense and while there is no doubt Lisa had a terrible home life and should have been removed from that environment, it was not to the extreme she's now claiming. I'm finding a lot of discrepancies and outright lies.

If she has been properly medicated all the time she has been incarcerated then she may be competent now. But was she competent when she committed the act? That should be the question.. not how she is now. MOO
Totally agree! And IMO Lisa was very much competent when she committed this cold, calculated, very premeditated and brutal murder. That's all that should matter. Being in solitary confinement waiting for the needle will make anyone insane, especially a person constantly being fed the narrative that they are the victim of a grave injustice.

Totally agree! And IMO Lisa was very much competent when she committed this cold, calculated, very premeditated and brutal murder. That's all that should matter. Being in solitary confinement waiting for the needle will make anyone insane, especially a person constantly being fed the narrative that they are the victim of a grave injustice.

And don't forget the baloney sandwiches.

I say let her live her life in prison, what REAL difference will it make as long as she will never walk among us again?

My thoughts exactly. Her lawyers state that she has lost touch with reality and therefore isn’t competent to be executed. If she is as mentally ill as they claim, has she been on medication for the condition the entire time she’s been incarcerated? I would think so. Was a doctor monitoring her condition? She was competent at trial, that is the legal issue. Jmo

IMO, Montgomery deserves to be executed. She planned that murder. She knew exactly what she was doing and what she wanted. It is not like she saw a heavily pregnant women in the street or in the store and tackled her and cut her abdomen open to take the baby. Be gone Montgomery.

And don't forget the baloney sandwiches.

I say let her live her life in prison, what REAL difference will it make as long as she will never walk among us again?
A judge/ jury decided her guilt based on the evidence presented. They also decided her sentence. Carry it out. Bobbi’s mom found her own daughter sliced up laying in pools of blood. And the baby gone. Jmo

A judge/ jury decided her guilt based on the evidence presented. They also decided her sentence. Carry it out. Bobbi’s mom found her own daughter sliced up laying in pools of blood. And the baby gone. Jmo
she said she looked like her stomach exploded. Her cell phone that she called 911 with was dripping with blood when authorities arrived on the scene, poor mama was trying to do CPR and save her life. This crime was a horror. Lisa is a monster.

Do you have any credentials that allow you to make that judgment? Your opinion?

For many years, I thought this was an open-and-shut case calling for the death penalty, until I found out about Lisa Montgomery's past. She should not be executed, and shouldn't be in prison, either; she belongs in a mental institution.

(I felt the same way about Aileen Wuornos.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back