WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

Hmmm, now that does expand the possibilities. SMH. I don't know much about the habits of the Amish and Mennonite communities, but I can't imagine that giving away a newborn is one of either community's habits.

Incest? Baby is early and is having trouble? Something the dad didn't like about the baby? Wrong sex? Too many children already? (These are horrible things to say if this turns out to be a very sad story about the family of the child.)
This story needs more details...

And one more thing:

Welcome to Websleuths,
BryanSanDiego !!
The 16 year old father has been charged with murder.

I would think I’d have developed at least a bit of armor after so many years of reading about the awful things people are capable of doing to children but this one is truly horrific. There were so many other options available. Why didn’t their parents counsel them about alternatives? We’re they all unaware of the pregnancy?

BTW I hate clicking “like” on everyone’s posts. We used to have a “thanks” button instead which was much more appropriate in cases like this.
IMO it appears the girl's parents were unaware that she gave birth since she did so in a bathtub. The stupid thing is that in the end her father knew what happened, meaning the baby's murder and the baby father's arrest was all for nothing.

Stupid, selfish kids.

And to add to my previous post... IMO the boy was not stable in the first place. His telling LE how he "cried" at the baby's distress implies to me that he lacks empathy and was saying what he thought would be a "good" response to LE. IMO the girl was lucky she wasn't murdered when she first told the boy she was pregnant.

Someone - of any age - who sees murder as a solution to a "problem" isn't firing on all cylinders emotionally and IMO this boy was bound to do something horrible eventually. I wonder if he has a juvenile record. All MOO.

IMO it appears the girl's parents were unaware that she gave birth since she did so in a bathtub. The stupid thing is that in the end her father knew what happened, meaning the baby's murder and the baby father's arrest was all for nothing.

Stupid, selfish kids.
I had a friend who gave birth in the bath at 14 years old, but her father heard her and heard the baby cry, found her and called an ambulance. Her family did not know that she was pregnant but we, her friends could see it, but she denied it to us. She had the baby adopted out. We always wondered what she would have done if her father had not found her.

finally saw the update for this and it is horrifying. Wisconsin's safe haven do laws need more attention, but even in this case, i don't think they would have saved this girl from her father.

I read the affidavit ( page 7 here) and it stated that witness #2's father, meaning the birth mothers father is the one who called the police. It also stated that Logan ( the birth father) went to his mothers house which is a few blocks from the birth mothers home to put the baby in a backpack. Apparently the babies mom and Logan's mom live in the village of Albany. When I watched the court hearings ( also page 7 here) the prosecutor said he isn't staying with parents or going to school. Where was this kid staying? IMO.

I read the affidavit ( page 7 here) and it stated that witness #2's father, meaning the birth mothers father is the one who called the police. It also stated that Logan ( the birth father) went to his mothers house which is a few blocks from the birth mothers home to put the baby in a backpack. Apparently the babies mom and Logan's mom live in the village of Albany. When I watched the court hearings ( also page 7 here) the prosecutor said he isn't staying with parents or going to school. Where was this kid staying? IMO.
Thank you for that. I could not read the probable cause statement.
So, her father knew but let him take the baby? Naked and just days old? Why was she naked if she was born 4 days before?
Lots of questions here.
BBM. In his 14 year old girlfriend's bed?

Thank you for that. I could not read the probable cause statement.
So, her father knew but let him take the baby? Naked and just days old? Why was she naked if she was born 4 days before?
Lots of questions here.
BBM. In his 14 year old girlfriend's bed?
No, Nothing has been reported of the kids parents knowing anything yet. The babies birth mother's dad/the 14yr old girl who gave birth---- her father is the one who called the police to report the child missing way after the fact. From what I've read. IMO
Also, according to the statements I mentioned, the baby was taken the same day she was born/naked. It appears this situation happened rather quickly. It wasn't reported until later.

editing to add the child was born on 1/5 and the father of the girl who gave birth reported it on 1/9 at 1:30am.

Last edited:
That one little phrase from Jja43's article above carried a lot of weight -- "Search volunteers are no longer needed" -- made me want to cry.
Just as we all knew -- yes, of course we knew down deep and from our experiences here. Yes. Did she even have any little clothes on? A little newborn diaper? Did she?
Just dammit.

Above article source:
Missing Green County infant found dead

Stupid, selfish kids.
The baby’s mom’s dad knew of this? OMG!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon